SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I finally picked up a P365XL and joined the forum. Unfortunately my first post is to ask for help.

I swapped grip modules and when when reassembling the pistol, the sear is in the way, stopping the slide from going all the way back on.

I searched the forum and didn’t find the answer to this particular issue so if I missed it, sorry. Has anyone run into this? Any help is appreciated

1894B5DF-0652-4790-B349-5C9E40951652.jpeg

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can’t see from the picture but make sure the takedown lever is rotated to the down position. If it isn’t, and it won’t move, depress the slide lock before trying to rotate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The take down lever is rotated all the way down.

I had a standard P365 which I swapped grips on and put about 2k rounds through but never ran into this.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You can try to press it down any and try wiggling the slide back and forth

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no magazine in the gun. You can’t insert it because of the position of the takedown lever.

It seems like I need to simulate a trigger pull to disengage the sear but it’s not possible.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
pull the trigger and hold down while rotating the takedown leaver all the way down. Continue to hold the trigger and move the slide rearward. That should do it.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
Glad you figured it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 365XL. Just put the first 50 rounds through my new gun and this happened. I hate to ask, but could you explain a little bit more how you fixed it. I can’t exactly see where the takedown lever came loose from the bar.
I figured it out. Somehow the takedown safety bar came unseated from the notch in the takedown lever. I was able to reposition it, reassemble and function check successfully.

Thank you for all of the responses.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 365XL. Just put the first 50 rounds through my new gun and this happened. I hate to ask, but could you explain a little bit more how you fixed it. I can’t exactly see where the takedown lever came loose from the bar.
Did it happen while you were firing it, or did you pull the FCU out of the grip module and now it’s happening?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did it happen while you were firing it, or did you pull the FCU out of the grip module and now it’s happening?
No actually it was just like the og post, I was switching grip modules. The only thing that I can think of is, I pulled the trigger before takedown. (Kind of a Glock guy, just habit).

·
Registered
544 Posts
No actually it was just like the og post, I was switching grip modules. The only thing that I can think of is, I pulled the trigger before takedown. (Kind of a Glock guy, just habit).
The bar slips off the the sear or whatever the piece is in the rear (don’t have a schematic handy) and that’s what causes the issues. I’ve had it slip off when it’s almost back in the grip module and the bar has good pressure on it. It’s really a pretty crappy design on Sigs part and I actually wonder if it could happen when shooting since it doesn’t seem to take much movement to fall off, which is why I asked. I haven’t heard of anyone having it happening but it seems like all it would take would be a slightly out of spec grip module or a well worn one for it to happen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts