SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 365xl on cabelas that I can have shipped to a bass pro in Illinois, but the model they are selling doesn't match up with the IL compliant model and I'm curious if anyone has experience with this.

On the sig site, they list 4 models, I am not interested in the manual safety models so I won't include those model numbers. The non-safety model numbers are 365XL-9-BXR3 and 365XL-9-BXR3-10. 365XL-9-BXR3-10 is listed as state compliant for the following states, CO / CT / HI / IL / MD / NJ (I am in IL), but cabelas is selling 365XL-9-BXR3 and is allowing me to ship it to an IL bass pro. In the past, I have seen the 365XL-9-BXR3-10 on the cabelas site as well as the manual safety models, but today I only see the 365XL-9-BXR3.

To keep it simple for anyone reading, the 365XL-9-BXR3 is 12 rounds and the 365XL-9-BXR3-10 is 10 rounds. I've been reading that everything is the same other than the magazine for the 10rd has a bump stop that won't allow for 12 rounds to be loaded.

I don't want to go through this process, pay for the gun go to the store, etc... only to have them tell me there was a mistake and that the 365XL-9-BXR3 can't be sold in IL.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
Have you spoken to anyone at Cabelas to get you question answered?

·
Registered
SIG P320 X-Carry 9mm Coyote & Black
66 Posts
Hello,

The State of Illinois has no current law or ban on magazines that are larger than 10 rounds for handguns. That's different if you're in the City of Chicago or perhaps other municipalities. I have a P365 I purchased online and picked up at my FFL with 12 round magazines. I have also purchased 12 and 17 round (SIG P320) magazines legally at a gun range/shop in Elgin and other cities. You should be good to go. (y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

The State of Illinois has no current law or ban on magazines that are larger than 10 rounds for handguns. That's different if you're in the City of Chicago or perhaps other municipalities. I have a P365 I purchased online and picked up at my FFL with 12 round magazines. I have also purchased 12 and 17 round (SIG P320) magazines legally at a gun range/shop in Elgin and other cities. You should be good to go. (y)
Great, thanks. I guess IL being listed as a compliant state is for Chicago and/or other municipalities.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used to live in Illinois - you do not have to worry about mag size as long as you're not in **** Chicago city limits. Enjoy!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bought my 365 in Illinois, and some magazines of all sizes. There’s no restrictions, unless you live in a goofy town with a goofy, unConstitutional anti-gun ordinance

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Sounds like it's a go for your purchase. I live in NY and have had to deal with the 10 round limitation - believe me, they won't sell you a 12 round mag if you are in a 10 commie territory. Good luck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I thaik cabelas is the one that answer your questions, expect very bad service and rude people with no manners or technical knowledge at all, but they have stock!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I thaik cabelas is the one that answer your questions, expect very bad service and rude people with no manners or technical knowledge at all, but they have stock!
Same experience here as far as (lack of) product knowledge and service...started down the slippery slope after (b)***-pro shops took them over. But I wish the OP good luck, hope it works out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts