SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am interested in a 507k for my p365xl, the only thing making me hold off is I really like having cowitness as a failsafe. My glock has a Vortex venom with supressor sights and is perfect. Are you able to see the front sight post and use the notch on the holosun 507k? Has anyone actually shot using this set up with the red dot off? What where your results? Do you need a higher front post to really make this work?

Thanks in advance. The more detailed you can be the better!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the HS507K on an XL. It co-witnesses with the with the center of the target at the top edge of the front sight.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ameriglo has a .300 supressor height sight that would prolly work. I'll have to pay to install it tho as my rear sight pusher is for rear sights only

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One other question, I assume if you use the shake awake setting it would just always stay on while in the holster during edc from the movement of walking yea?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My p365xl with 507k co-witness's well.

Incidentally, the height to the top of the notch on the 507k measured the same (with calipers) as the height to the top of the rear sights.

·
Registered
25 Posts
One other question, I assume if you use the shake awake setting it would just always stay on while in the holster during edc from the movement of walking yea?
Yes. It will come on super fast if you barely move the weapon. That’s a good thing of course. The battery life is great on these so there’s really no need to worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My p365xl with 507k co-witness's well.

Incidentally, the height to the top of the notch on the 507k measured the same (with calipers) as the height to the top of the rear sights.
Ok i like the sound of that, have you actually shot with the sights lined up and dot off? I have heard others say they would hit 4 inches high at 10 yards. I assume they had a full view of the dot. I'm assuming for it not to hit high some of the front post dot would be cut off which I am fine with as long as I can see some of it.

If the 507k hits on target at 10yards with half the dot visible then that's the one I will go with, if not then I am Probably gonna go with the rmsc. The 507k seems much more durable so I'm really hoping it will work. I just refuse to put a red dot on that won't have cowitness on my edc

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would someone mind taking a picture of their holosun 407k/507k on their p365xl with barrel facing the camera? I'd like to see how high the front of the 507k frame sits above the slide compared to the sheild rmsc

·
Registered
123 Posts
Google parallax and red dot sights. Ideally, the dot would be on point of impact no matter where it was in the field of view. Some red dots do better than others. The discussion I read compared several brands and Leupold deltapoint was the best (but not perfect). If memory serves (and it doesn't always at this age ahem...) parallax was less than 1" at 10 yards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts