SIG Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mark your magazines and see if there is a particular mag that causes the problem. To me breaking in a gun is very counter to all I have learned about firearms.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Mark your magazines and see if there is a particular mag that causes the problem. To me breaking in a gun is very counter to all I have learned about firearms.
Thanks @Junkie. I used the same mags with this gun that I do with my other P365 (with no issues on that one) and have swapped this slide to the other frame and experienced same failure to return to battery. Issue seems to be the slide.

I agree with you that breaking in a gun with that many rounds seems counter intuitive. Most all of mine are 100% out of the box.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Using grease to break in for me is a bit counterintuitive due to its lesser viscosity than most oils would seem to be a potential drawback and may cause some drag. The lighter weight of the oil should allow the parts to slide easier although for a shorter time period as it will displace quicker. The use of grease on a broken in pistol on the other hand would be the next progression as it does stay put where you place it and at that point drag is less of an issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Have you had the FCU out of the gun at all? Might be worth looking at and getting a good look at rails and any spring loaded parts.
@CovertCarry yes, I have a couple of grayguns grip modules that I like to use (which are stock Sig other than some laser engraving for grip). I've swapped out parts, even used the romeo zero slide on my SAS FCU (which cycled 100%).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts