SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, new member to SigTalk here. I have been using a 365SAS as EDC for a while, and recently picked up one of the new 365X Romeo Zero pistols. At the range yesterday the new 365X would not reliably cycle with 115 grain S&B ball ammo--it would consistently fail to fully return to battery and load the next round. My SAS has always cycled perfectly with the same ammo (and other ammo weights). I'm thinking that it *could be related to the extra weight of the optic.

Has anyone else had an issue like this (or have any ideas)? I tried swapping the Romeo Zero slide to the SAS lower, and same issue persisted.

Thanks much!

JG

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
Did you clean and lubricate your new P365X? Also I agree with Gijoe about using either 124 or 147 grain for break-in.

·
Registered
424 Posts
More than likely it just needs some break-in, but +1 on clean/lubricate and also cycling the slide several dozen times with magazine out of gun. Also since you already took it to the range I would remove the slide, barrel and examine for any unusual ware or fitting of surfaces.

·
Registered
418 Posts
With the price of ammo I would hand cycle a couple hundred times to break it in, then clean and lube.

FYI only a small sample size, but S&B gave me failures to return to battery on a new Walther in the past too...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks for all of the suggestions! Seems like I've found a great, knowledgeable community here. I will try all of the above and report back. I do have a bunch of 124 and 147 grain on hand, so will try those as well. I'm a P365 convert after years with a Kahr PM9 and then Hellcat.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
399 Posts
I recently had problems with some S&B .45 ACP JHP in my PX4 Storm (although my P220 handled it with no problem). I found out from someone else that the COAL on the S&B rounds was short...that may be an issue with some of their 9mm as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I recently had problems with some S&B .45 ACP JHP in my PX4 Storm (although my P220 handled it with no problem). I found out from someone else that the COAL on the S&B rounds was short...that may be an issue with some of their 9mm as well.
Thanks, that's really good to know. I have a P220 Legion in .45 ACP that seems to eat anything I throw at it. I'll measure my S&B against some other rounds to see what's up.

·
Registered
Sig P226, M400 TREAD, P220, P365XL, P227R, P228
399 Posts
Thanks, that's really good to know. I have a P220 Legion in .45 ACP that seems to eat anything I throw at it. I'll measure my S&B against some other rounds to see what's up.
I’ve got some Fiocchi and some Federal HST coming...it will be interesting to compare them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry about my ignorance, but what difference makes to break in the gun with 124 or 147 grains ammo instead of the 115?
Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heavier bullets can move the slide faster.
As CoverCarry notes, heavy bullet requires more force to accelerate (gases have to work harder to get it into motion), and then Newton's 3rd law of motion kicks in (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update

I went to the range today after thoroughly greasing the gun, racking about 300 times, and leaving the slide locked back for two days. Here's my report:

1. Loaded 10 rounds of 115 GR PMC Bronze (as an initial test). Gun failed to return to batter on first three rounds (used butt of my palm to get it to return). Unloaded the rest.
2. Loaded 8 rounds of 124 GR Magtech. Gun cycled fine. Continued to shoot half of a box of 50.
3. Loaded 8 rounds of 147 GR Fenix. Gun failed to return to battery once, otherwise fine.
4. Shot remainder of box of 124 GR Magtech. Failed to return to battery once.
5. Shot remaining 12 rounds of 147 GR Fenix, no failures.
6. Shot remaining 40 rounds of 115 GR PMC Bronze. MUCH smoother action, two failures to feed at first, final two mags no failures.

Seems like all of the above suggestions helped, but I think I will need to put several hundred rounds through it without failure before I would want to carry it. Next test will be with my carry ammo (Speer Gold Dot).

Thanks Everyone!

JG

1 - 20 of 26 Posts