SIG Talk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
@spredvan Same ammo as me, or yours is Critical Duty. My Critical Defense I've been able to find lately is brass case, no longer nickel plated.

I looked at my mags, and there's wear up top, but nothing like you're asking him about.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
@spredvan Same ammo as me, or yours is Critical Duty. My Critical Defense I've been able to find lately is brass case, no longer nickel plated.

I looked at my mags, and there's wear up top, but nothing like you're asking him about.
I'm wondering if his looks different.

This is Critical Defense in my P365. I run Critical Duty in my 9mm M17. Although, I currently have it configured in 357 Sig Compact with 357Sig Elite V-Crown, JHP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I did the same for comparison.

Regardless, I would call Sig CS on Tuesday (you'll be on hold forever if you call Monday).

If they can't resolve it, they will email you a FedEx overnight label and have you return it for repair. The last time I did this, they received it the following morning, repaired mine and sent it back that same afternoon.
I will call them Tuesday and see what they have to say about this.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice pictures, below is one of my painted mags (previous solution to a rust issue) you can see just below the bullet the scrape mark or the corner next to it, that front edge of the mag is what is hanging up on the mag release as I recreated your issue from the video. Now whether your mag release is a touch fat or your mag's mouth open is a little wonky IDK but it's one of the two. If I tilted the mag just right I got it to hang up solid but any slight wiggle and the mag seated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nah I saw your picture with the slide removed, but I was concerned with it from the bottom end, like most things in life. :)
Lol, that's why I posted the picture of the likely hang up. lol
Try removing the slide and looking down the mag well as you insert the magazine. You should be able to see where and why it is hanging up.
Is the mag release button working properly? Is it installed properly? Take a look at this and see if this helps.
Email or call Sig customer service and describe the issue you are having to them. I've heard great things about their customer service and I'm confident they will help you. Don't hate on the brand or design because of some isolated incidents. Every manufacturer has had issues with pistols in their lineup at one point in time. Let us know what Sig has to say about it.
I spoke with sig and they are sending me a GRIP MODULE ASSEMBLY

·
Registered
266 Posts
I spoke with sig and they are sending me a GRIP MODULE ASSEMBLY
My first assumption was that they would just send you a new grip module instead of having you send the entire pistol back into them. Question is, do they want the current grip module from you so they can diagnose the problem? I'm starting to see the benefit of the modular Sig system here. Grip modules are relatively cheap to produce and it is nice that they can just send you a new one compared to Glock where the complete lower is the actual firearm.

·
🎖USN Veteran
945 Posts
Glad they're getting you fixed up. Let us know how it goes when the new module arrives.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Of course, I had to check. 😂
Pictures provided for reference.

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim

Drinkware Table Camera accessory Camera lens Capacitor

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hey texasman'; sounds like SIG had a quick fix; outstanding!
Question for you, having looked at Pilatus' and your magwell photos...
Do I see something protruding on the mag button side, not the mag catch side? Might just be the angle, but there is no place for the button side to go.
BTW, sending the replacement before requiring the original seems to be a SIG service practice; it's what they did when replacing a Romeo Zero optic.
Moon

·
🎖USN Veteran
945 Posts
...sending the replacement before requiring the original seems to be a SIG service practice...
Moon
That is psychological warfare and it works! Makes you feel guilty for even thinking about a competitor's product. RCBS and Delta Faucet come to mind. Call 'em up to ask a question and the next thing you know they're wanting your address so they can send you whatever it is you need at no charge. They keep me coming back! (y)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm glad to hear these stories about Sig; This is up on Ruger Level of Customer Service. As I said, I had a slide machining issue on my Security 9 Compact BNIB. Two days later I had a brand new slide assembly, and an SASE to return the bad one. Glad to hear Sig's doing the same thing, that's World Class Stuff. I've never encountered another gun company that will handle things as well as Ruger, I guess now I have. :)

·
Registered
West German P226, P320X V-TAC, P365X
8 Posts
I'm about 2 months late to the party here but I just picked up my new P365X with Romeo Zero today and did some dry practice in the office with it between lessons/classes at work - immediately noticed this same issue and quickly realized the angle of mag insertion made all the difference.

As stated previously, Mag gets stuck and briefly pulling it out slighting and reinserting resulted in successful mag insertion. The difference was initial quick insertion attempts were during quick reload motions in which the fwd face of the magazine rode the fwd magwell face where the mag release/catch is. Pulling it out and reinserting with success was due to pulling straight out and inserting perfectly straight up into the magwell rather than the previous description for fast reloads.

I found this thread when I got home and searched around and attempted to get some pictures for ya'll on the issue I see on my P365X:

• First photo is of how the mag release is not flush with the magwell (Sticking out like a ledge for the magazine to catch on).
  • Second photo is of the mag release depressed normally which shows less "ledge" sticking out but still not flush.
  • Third photo is of the mag release pressed forward (There is slop in it allowing me to push it forward towards the muzzle, decreasing the ledge side inside the magwell).
* All above photos from bottom of magwell view*
  • Fourth is from above magwell with slide removed, showing how the forward edge of the metal magazine catches on the mag release "ledge".
  • I;m not able to attach a video but there is slop the mag release (ability to push it forward towards muzzle direction) and also an audible clicking/binding noise when depressing the Mag release normally versus slightly less binding when I first move the mag release forward as described above, and then depress.

Will call SIG Monday and report findings too what they suggest or advise. Hopefully they send me another Mag release or Grip Module. Hopefully this helps anyone who may encounter the same issue with their new 365's and get a quick resolution.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Gramophone record Flash photography Gadget
Hand Automotive lighting Finger Thumb Gadget
Hand Automotive lighting Eyewear Fluid Finger
Wrist Automotive lighting Electric blue Human leg Machine

·
Registered
West German P226, P320X V-TAC, P365X
8 Posts
I'm about 2 months late to the party here but I just picked up my new P365X with Romeo Zero today and did some dry practice in the office with it between lessons/classes at work - immediately noticed this same issue and quickly realized the angle of mag insertion made all the difference.

As stated previously, Mag gets stuck and briefly pulling it out slighting and reinserting resulted in successful mag insertion. The difference was initial quick insertion attempts were during quick reload motions in which the fwd face of the magazine rode the fwd magwell face where the mag release/catch is. Pulling it out and reinserting with success was due to pulling straight out and inserting perfectly straight up into the magwell rather than the previous description for fast reloads.

I found this thread when I got home and searched around and attempted to get some pictures for ya'll on the issue I see on my P365X:

• First photo is of how the mag release is not flush with the magwell (Sticking out like a ledge for the magazine to catch on).
  • Second photo is of the mag release depressed normally which shows less "ledge" sticking out but still not flush.
  • Third photo is of the mag release pressed forward (There is slop in it allowing me to push it forward towards the muzzle, decreasing the ledge side inside the magwell).
* All above photos from bottom of magwell view*
  • Fourth is from above magwell with slide removed, showing how the forward edge of the metal magazine catches on the mag release "ledge".
  • I;m not able to attach a video but there is slop the mag release (ability to push it forward towards muzzle direction) and also an audible clicking/binding noise when depressing the Mag release normally versus slightly less binding when I first move the mag release forward as described above, and then depress.

Will call SIG Monday and report findings too what they suggest or advise. Hopefully they send me another Mag release or Grip Module. Hopefully this helps anyone who may encounter the same issue with their new 365's and get a quick resolution. View attachment 427360 View attachment 427361 View attachment 427362 View attachment 427363
Update, spoke with SIG on Tuesday and received a new P365X/XL grip module the following Sunday Via FedEx.

New module has flush mag release/catch assembly inside magwell and no further issues. Will probably find out if it was the Mag release/catch or if the module was out of tolerance whenever I get around to buying an extended mag release; will test fit in the old defective module first and see.

Reactions: rmfnla
21 - 38 of 38 Posts