SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I put the mag in(either of the 2 full or not), it hits some kind of wall and prevents it from fully going in, forcing you to reattempt the insertion. Is this normal or something I should talk sig about?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Against a closed slide? If so, it has to compress the stack of bullets under the slide to fit. Keep in mind as the slide cycles the bullets rise and the top most has to be exposed far enough for the front of the slide to strip it off and feed it.

Full magazines do that.

·
Premium Member
P365X w/ Holosun 507K-GR V2
57 Posts
Against a closed slide? If so, it has to compress the stack of bullets under the slide to fit. Keep in mind as the slide cycles the bullets rise and the top most has to be exposed far enough for the front of the slide to strip it off and feed it.

Full magazines do that.
That’s exactly where I was going. Just wanted to confirm that’s what he’s running into. 👍🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How far up into the mag well is it going before you run into this stop?

Full magazines do that.
I gets stuck about 60% in full/empty open/closed. Now that I tried to replicate, I can replicate it pretty reliably. Pretty annoying and disappointing to be honest.

edit: I just realized when holding on the stuck position the mag release switch unstucks (if that makes sense), so at least now I know it's connected to the mag release. Still really disappointing. I don't know much about gun engineering but I think this is bad faulty design.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Email or call Sig customer service and describe the issue you are having to them. I've heard great things about their customer service and I'm confident they will help you. Don't hate on the brand or design because of some isolated incidents. Every manufacturer has had issues with pistols in their lineup at one point in time. Let us know what Sig has to say about it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This is exactly what I figured. I had another gun that had a reversible/ambi mag catch system do this, which most guns today now do. It caught about ⅔ the way in. If I had any degree of tilt or cant side to side while inserting the mag, it could catch. Inserting it as straight up and down as possible remedied the issue.

If it persists or irritates you, Call Sig. I'm sure they'll make it right. The gun and the brand are just fine. Issues (****) happens, and they'll take care of you if you're not happy.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Try a drop of oil on the opposite side of the mag release from the button.
Put it on the spot where the two sections of the mag release move against each other when the button is depressed.
It's not unusual to encounter resistance when the mag reaches the mag catch. I just press in the mag release.
Moon

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
For the OP, how much resistance are you encountering?
A little (requires a firm push) is no big deal.
A lot (requiring a full-house slam, really forceful) is another matter.
Never liked the dramatic mag-slams seen in movies (kinda like driving your car like you stole it).
Moon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the mag release button working properly? Is it installed properly? Take a look at this and see if this helps.
For the OP, how much resistance are you encountering?
A little (requires a firm push) is no big deal.
A lot (requiring a full-house slam, really forceful) is another matter.
Never liked the dramatic mag-slams seen in movies (kinda like driving your car like you stole it).
Moon
It is completely impossible to insert the mag once it hits the stuck position, requiring another attempt after pulling it out slightly. The mag release seems to be working properly, it looks to be purely the design of the thing. Definitely wouldn't want someone to reload with this in a life/death situation. As far as when it works properly it's a pretty firm push, not to hard. Also I am not thinking oil will fix it nor do I have any oil.

I have yet spoken to sig. I really appreciate all the answers guys :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
It is completely impossible to insert the mag once it hits the stuck position, requiring another attempt after pulling it out slightly. The mag release seems to be working properly, it looks to be purely the design of the thing. Definitely wouldn't want someone to reload with this in a life/death situation. As far as when it works properly it's a pretty firm push, not to hard. Also I am not thinking oil will fix it nor do I have any oil.

I have yet spoken to sig. I really appreciate all the answers guys :)
I doubt if it’s a design problem, since it doesn’t happen to everybody. Sig should fix your pistol, though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
@texasman1337 Yeah, it sounds like you just got some sort of Lemon, out of spec part. Now that you're describing it more, it's definitely not right. You already knew that, but now we know, too.

I emphasize this on many forums of which I'm a member: This can and has happened to literally every gun company. Keep a good attitude, which you're doing, and surely Sig will take care of it. I won't call you Shirley, again, either. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the mag release button working properly? Is it installed properly? Take a look at this and see if this helps.
Try a drop of oil on the opposite side of the mag release from the button.
Put it on the spot where the two sections of the mag release move against each other when the button is depressed.
It's not unusual to encounter resistance when the mag reaches the mag catch. I just press in the mag release.
Moon
@texasman1337 Yeah, it sounds like you just got some sort of Lemon, out of spec part. Now that you're describing it more, it's definitely not right. You already knew that, but now we know, too.

I emphasize this on many forums of which I'm a member: This can and has happened to literally every gun company. Keep a good attitude, which you're doing, and surely Sig will take care of it. I won't call you Shirley, again, either. ;)
I doubt if it’s a design problem, since it doesn’t happen to everybody. Sig should fix your pistol, though.
Here is a video I made so you can see the problem guys, let me know what you think. Your responses are amazing and I am very thankful!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here is a video I made so you can see the problem guys, let me know what you think. Your responses are amazing and I am very thankful!!!
Yeah, it's just catching, but if you get it past that it seats and functions. I thought it simply would not get past that point, period. However, it's still not quite right, and definitely not to your fancy. Still, give them a polite call and let them know the concern. I'm sure they'll make it right. I just got my P365X (Not the new model, the one I made with an XL grip module) and tried this. My mags go right in, and they're loaded with ammo. Yours appear empty, however, it shouldn't really matter. That is definitely, IMO, not working correctly. My other gun that did this would occasionally bind up, but even if it did at that same point you're showing, you could smack it and it'd go in and engage the catch.

·
Registered
471 Posts
@texasman1337 Sorry for the ridiculously large photo: I took a shot my P365X magwell, and there's the mag catch circled. I'm not touching the button; that's its natural at rest state. See if yours looks like this, and get a pic like this if you can.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I did the same for comparison.

Regardless, I would call Sig CS on Tuesday (you'll be on hold forever if you call Monday).

If they can't resolve it, they will email you a FedEx overnight label and have you return it for repair. The last time I did this, they received it the following morning, repaired mine and sent it back that same afternoon.

Light Automotive lighting Black Lighting Electricity

·
Registered
471 Posts
I did the same for comparison.

Regardless, I would call Sig CS on Tuesday (you'll be on hold forever if you call Monday).

If they can't resolve it, they will email you a FedEx overnight label and have you return it for repair. The last time I did this, they received it the following morning, repaired mine and sent it back that same afternoon.
Impressive as heck turnaround time on that. I always tout Ruger as the absolute best at CS, but that may have them one upped.

@texasman1337 It's probably my imagination, but your mag catch does appear to be every so slightly larger; I know your angle is slightly different than ours, but I'm staring at it intently. Keep in mind, we're talking about a few thousandths, here, so it won't be like super noticeable. In a case like this, it's enough of a difference to make a difference. Sorry, Paul Harrell came out there LOL

@spredvan What do you think?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts