SIG Talk banner

P365X Macro Trigger

594 9
I hate having to make this post and ask if anyone has had this issue. Thousands of rounds through my P229 and P225 without any issues and it’s my new Macro that is potentially problematic. I just picked this up from my FFL last night so zero live rounds through it. Just dry fire reps so far. Took the FCU out and no springs were loose or out of place. Still had factory grease in the right places. Nothing broken that I could see.

The issue:
Pulling trigger to the wall slowly or every 5-7 normal speed trigger pulls result in a dead trigger

I can get the FP to drop if I pull super hard on the trigger that is basically already to the rear or if I rack the slide and try again.

here is a video of the issue:

I called customer service and they asked me to send it in. I live in NH but still have to send through Fed Ex so I am going to take it to the range and put some rounds through it first and see if the (nearly) dead trigger issue persists.

Any thoughts or anyone experience this issue? Thanks!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That's really hard to say what's going on, based on the video. I don't know whether I'd shoot it or just send it back to Sig. It's possible something inside the FCU is not assembled correctly, but I'm not a 365 Armorer, that's for sure. I've been here on Sig Talk a couple years now and don't recall seeing any issue quite like this.

I know, it is a major PITA to send back a brand new gun, but that's probably where I could come out. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been here on Sig Talk a couple years now and don't recall seeing any issue quite like this...
I put a Sig flat trigger in my P365 and it acted much the same, but with more failures than functions. Easing back on the slide about 1/16" (with no other action) allowed it to dry fire, but I just put the OEM trigger back in and it worked fine.
...I know, it is a major PITA to send back a brand new gun, but that's probably where I could come out. Good luck with it.
Concur. Anything intermittent like that in a brand new gun requires factory service, aggravating as that is.

·
🎖USAF Retired
908 Posts
I have not had that problem with my P365 XMacro of about one month. It's bothersome to do, but it deserves to be sent back. Luckily, SIG Customer Service is pretty good about making the process as painless as possible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’d shoot it, let it break in a little. If you have a problem with it during live fire I’d probably send it back.

Make sure when dry firing you don’t ride the slide home. Just let it slam home. If the slide isn’t fully in battery you’ll have a dead trigger also.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Call Sig Customer Service. Tell them what is happening. I have no doubt the Sig Cutomer Service Rep will email you a shipping label so you can send it to them via FedEx and resolve the issue.

·
Registered
736 Posts
OP - Not sure it you've done this yet, but I'd do thorough cleaning to get the sig preservative out of the gun (FCU out to clean, striker out to clean it and channel etc) - then obviously re-lube per sig specs. See then how it dry fires and maybe try it at the range as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Due to the inconsistent trigger pull and the delay in striker release, I decided to get an RMA for warranty service. I just didn’t feel that the FCU was safe with live ammunition and I didn’t feel that it was a break in issue. I sent it in on Monday and they called me on Wednesday stating that they were replacing the FCU.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate all the thoughtful responses. I had not heard about this issue with any other P365 variant previously with all my internet research so I am going to lean toward a QA issue given the popularity of the P365 X Macro. Talking to folks at the Sig Experience, it sounded like they were on a hiring frenzy and that could lead to inexperienced associates doing assembly and QA. Some track and trace should allow them to determine whether it is an assembly or parts QA issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts