SIG Talk banner

P365 XMacro "issues"

391 4
I've put through about 3k rounds through the xmacro and have had a few intermittent issues:

1. The magazine does not always clip in. When I was at the range this evening, it fell out, probably ~6 out of 15 reloads. I know it's not an issue of hitting it hard enough, my other pistols don't have the issue, and the RSO experienced it, too, when I showed him. Has anybody else been having an issue here?
  2. Of every 250 rounds, Magtech and Federal, ~5-8 rounds don't chamber properly. Not a big deal, just higher than I'm accustomed to.
I typically do a field strip and clean after every visit to the range and recently had an ultrasonic cleaning done about 500 rounds ago.

Curious what others have experienced and if y'all have any recommendations.
Reactions: hauki
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've put through about 3k rounds through the xmacro and have had a few intermittent issues:

1. The magazine does not always clip in. When I was at the range this evening, it fell out, probably ~6 out of 15 reloads. I know it's not an issue of hitting it hard enough, my other pistols don't have the issue, and the RSO experienced it, too, when I showed him. Has anybody else been having an issue here?
  2. Of every 250 rounds, Magtech and Federal, ~5-8 rounds don't chamber properly. Not a big deal, just higher than I'm accustomed to.
I typically do a field strip and clean after every visit to the range and recently had an ultrasonic cleaning done about 500 rounds ago.

Curious what others have experienced and if y'all have any recommendations.
I have the Spectre comp slide on an xl frame and have fired with the 17 round mags with no issues. The mag change requires a hard rap the 1st few mag changes but now mag changes are as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
729 Posts
Of every 250 rounds, Magtech and Federal, ~5-8 rounds don't chamber properly. Not a big deal, just higher than I'm accustomed to.
If this is a personal defense pistol, then I would argue that 5 - 8 failure to feed/chamber IS a big deal (at least for me anyway). As stated above, help us understand the condition of the empty pistol when you try and insert a (fully loaded?) 17 rd mag? Is slide open, or closed upon insertion (closed slide requires a little bit more force to click it in - from my experience). In 4 yrs of owning / shooting a number or 365s and XLs, I've had mag drop free twice at the range after insertion. I babied the mag in without thinking about it early on in my ownership experience. after that I smack it in pretty good (open or closed slide) and haven't had further issues. And this includes self defense carry class scenarios with moving fast mag changes on multiple threats (in these scenarios you do not even hear the audible click as you're focused on re-loading and re-engaging - this is why I smack it pretty hard). That said, I do not have a macro, so no direct experience with it and 17 rd mags

Also, is the magtech and federal their standard 115 gr jacketed round nose practice ammo (or JHP)?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
The Macro full mag can be difficult to seat. Have to slam it home and make sure it really is seated. But if it's releasing mid mag about the only thing that would cause that would be inadvertently engaging the mag release.

3K rds is a lot of rounds for a gun that's a recent release. When did you buy?

The standard 365 recommends replacing the guide rod recoil spring after 2500 rds. So that's a possible cause for the FTF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts