SIG Talk banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good to see you here Dave, this site will only benefit from your arrival! Holster wise give Ronin Leather a shout, the owner would likely be able to make something for you if possible.

Aka Lastrights elsewhere.

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I had been using 5.11 leather belts for a number of years until I recently found and switched to Kore Essential. Excellent product!
I know some folks like and some folks hate Yankee Marshall on YT, but I have to give credit where it's due. I saw one of his videos where he was talking about CCW belts and giving demos of a few different types compared to a normal belt. So I gave it a shot and yeah, wish I would have figured it out a long time ago. Funny, I had a great duty belt but always skimped with the off-duty belt. Never again. :)

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
For anyone interested in a WML on their P365/XL/X. I like a WML on a pistol and have a TLR-6 on both my P365 and XL. It's 100 lumens which in today's world of ultra lumen LED flashlights doesn't sound like a lot but then I always compare it with the old 5D cell Maglite with incandescent bulb was only 39-59 lumens.

Some beam shots I took out at the property of the home I'm building with the P365XL w/TLR-6. It's pics from a cell phone so it was actually brighter/clearer in real life.

I was standing to the right of a 25 foot wide space between houses. The black tarp in the distance is about 100 feet away, perhaps just a tad more. The end of the house is about 77 feet distance from where I was standing. This was about 9:15 tonight and it was very dark without the WML activated. Dark enough that you would not have seen someone towards the back of the house.

This is standing just in front of where my front doors are going to be. The back of the lanai is about 75+ feet away. Again, the black tarp beyond is a tad over 100 feet away. I would have easily seen someone clearly standing on the lanai. So that would be a 25 yard shot to the lanai and perhaps a 35 yard shot to the end of the backyard give or take a foot or so. In person it is clearer as this was taken on a cell phone. I would have easily been able to identify a man sized target in the backyard.

One of the hallways in the house. Distance to the back wall is about 33 feet give or take a foot.

For only being 100 lumens, I feel the TLR-6 is more than sufficient for most likely scenarios. I feel I'd have no issue identifying a target out to 35 yards. With the XL I know I would have no issue hitting a target at this distance. I've done so in matches with the shorter barreled P365 in dim light conditions. So while a brighter light would be nice and could have it's uses, I think the TLR-6 is a good light for it's size, run time and lumen output. Although I'm sure it could happen, it's hard to imagine a SD scenario where one would need to take a shot at a distance longer than this light is capable of reaching. It's also worth noting that I could easily and clearly see the night sights with the TLR-6 activated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
What brand & model is the black holster on the XL Romeo gun?
It is an Urban Carry for a standard P365. Tried my XL w/Romeo in it and it fit great. The slide pokes out the bottom slightly, but that is of no concern for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is an Urban Carry for a standard P365. Tried my XL w/Romeo in it and it fit great. The slide pokes out the bottom slightly, but that is of no concern for me.
Thanks - appreciate the info. Just bought the 365 xl with Romeo and am busy shopping for accessories.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks - appreciate the info. Just bought the 365 xl with Romeo and am busy shopping for accessories.
to add...it is very comfortable to wear. 14 hours a day is no problem. I wear mine at 3:00.
When new, I used Bick 4 to condition it...inside and out. A few times. Broke in really well and as I said...very comfortable.

·
Registered
P365XL/P226
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm participating in a conversation on another forum on the new XL Spectre. While that particular variant doesn't appeal to me personally (I'm not one for slide cuts unless they have a specific functional purpose. And I don't know if it's ported but I never recommend porting on a SD pistol) it was interesting to see some of the comments. Some felt the need to poo-poo the P365 variants as a whole that have come out. I offered the following points that I wanted to share in this thread as well.

"I have a different take on it. The XL serves a couple of purposes; first, it offers a bit larger grip for those that need/want a bit more to hang on to while also providing a bit longer sight radius. So it may appeal to those in the market for somewhat of a smaller pistol that passed on the P365 because they felt it was too small. So it captures a little more market share. Secondly, it competes well against pistols like the 43X and G48. Those two pistols are fine and they have their fan base but from a pound-for-pound comparison it offers 12 and 15 round options instead of 10 (while still being able to use 10-round mags with a base plate conversion for those that may be limited to 10-rounds) as well as standard Xray nights sights as opposed to plastic. It also offers the end-user option of a MS or not. Again, the 43X and G48 are solid pistols but they don't compete with the XL on options. So Sig went after that market share as well. Which is smart on their part.

While some may poke fun at another P365 variant, Sig is doing quite well with them and they have definitely captured market share as a result. When one thinks of a micro-9 the Sig is the one they are comparing it to, not Glock, Ruger, S&W or Taurus. Sig has listened to their customer base (which is evident with the addition of the MS models and the X and XL variants). And it's nice to see a company listen to the wants of the customer base. Not all companies do that in a timely fashion, or at all unfortunately.

My two cents" :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts