SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IN Stock at Sig Sauer:

Details

The complete conversion kit allows you to convert your standard or SAS P365 to a P365XL.

Chambered in 9mm

Includes

-Slide assembly w/rear sight plate for easy installation of a ROMEO Zero red dot optic

-Barrel

-XRAY night sights

-Grip Module (p365XL)

-(2) 12 round magazines

Requires firing control unit from a P365 or P365XL to function

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/cali...3-7in-xray3-w-ns-plate-2-12-rd-magazines.html

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/09/17/sig-p365-x-change-kit/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
SO....

I thought about this deal.

Purchase this Exchange Kit for $500.00
OR
Purchase a P365 XL for $679.00

Right off I look at that and say to myself..Sig values the P365 FCU at $179.00

Should I purchase a P365 XL for the extra $179.00?
If I have 2 P365's I could easily sell my P365 for more than $179.00
Of course I could Piece out the remnants of my P365 (less FCU) to cover the cost of either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a used XL fairly recently for less than the x-change kit. Personally, I'd either just buy an XL grip module if I was happy with the standard slide and just wanted the module footprint, or I'd buy an entire XL gun if I wanted the other options. It is nice to have this as an offering, but at $500 isn't something I'd pursue.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree, Always have gone for the complete gun. I think Sig should price these a tad better to make it more desirable. Maybe price it to where if purchasing, one could be within 50 of a whole gun.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Was this something people were asking about?

As everyone else noted; just buy another gun and you’ll have two complete guns.

This oughta sell in the single digits.

·
Premium Member
10,441 Posts
They should also release a standard-sized P365 slide but with the same optic-ready cut as the XL, and let current owners of P365's trade in their slides for a major discount.

·
Registered
230 Posts
SO....

I thought about this deal.

Purchase this Exchange Kit for $500.00
OR
Purchase a P365 XL for $679.00

Right off I look at that and say to myself..Sig values the P365 FCU at $179.00

Should I purchase a P365 XL for the extra $179.00?
If I have 2 P365's I could easily sell my P365 for more than $179.00
Of course I could Piece out the remnants of my P365 (less FCU) to cover the cost of either.
Add another $50 to the deal if you want the flat trigger that comes std on the XL ! Makes just buying an XL straight up an even better proposition IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Add another $50 to the deal if you want the flat trigger that comes std on the XL ! Makes just buying an XL straight up an even better proposition IMO.
Also add FFL fees + waiting time for the new gun (depends on state and FFL dealer, but still). Also, sales tax for those extra 179.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Expensive, but options are typically good to have vs have not.

Heck my XL gotten a few weeks ago from OSG was only $100 more, sure there was an FFL fee involved but no upfront sales tax unlike Sig that’ll take states pound of flesh upfront for the X-change Kit.

Then you add in the fact that Sig’s Draconic lawyers are so backwards they don’t allow Sig to sell/ship things to places that are actually allowed to have them. Totally frustrating.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Expensive, but options are typically good to have vs have not.

Heck my XL gotten a few weeks ago from OSG was only $100 more, sure there was an FFL fee involved but no upfront sales tax unlike Sig that’ll take states pound of flesh upfront for the X-change Kit.

Then you add in the fact that Sig’s Draconic lawyers are so backwards they don’t allow Sig to sell/ship things to places that are actually allowed to have them. Totally frustrating.
Exactly, I purchased my XL from Osage a week ago. $100 more with safety and I had the full weapon. FFL fee $20 and I'm good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts