SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Their website shows a plus 2 is in development for the 10-round magazines as well. That may be of even more interest to some people such as myself... I use Magguts in one of my M&P BG380 magazines and it has proven to work reliably so far.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It would be nice if they offer one for the 12 rd magazine also. I see they have an adapter that increases the capacity of the 6 rd P238 mag to 7 rounds, but at $22.95 Think I will pass. Would like to see one for the P938.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It would be nice if they offer one for the 12 rd magazine also. I see they have an adapter that increases the capacity of the 6 rd P238 mag to 7 rounds, but at $22.95 Think I will pass. Would like to see one for the P938.
Looks like they are working on a +2 for every flavor 10/12/15, can't wait.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a Magguts kit for my Glock 43. I removed it because of malfunctions. The issue was the magazine jamming up when it was not full. The pistol would feed about 1/2 of the rounds and then it would jam. The remaining rounds were not pushed upwards, they were loose and rattle around. Magguts replaced the kit but I do not trust it. I suspect that the edges being sharp on the accordion style spring may be binding in the magazine tube. I am going to break the sharp edges and see if that remedies the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I have a Magguts for my M&P Shield mags and I have never had an Issue with them.

I will be very interested in the new Magguts for the 15 Round 365 magazine.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Geez, that would be something! My M&P 9mm Pro C.O.R.E. is a full-size (to me, anyway) pistol that shoots 17 rounds per mag. I can barely wrap my mind around a compact pistol with the same capacity (and I have a 15 round mag for my P365!).

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was getting ones for my P238 I asked about the P938. At that time they said the tolerances of the 938 magazine were such that they could not get it to work reliably. Maybe down the road they will.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
When I was getting ones for my P238 I asked about the P938. At that time they said the tolerances of the 938 magazine were such that they could not get it to work reliably. Maybe down the road they will.
Thank you for that. I was going to say that I saw the P238 on their web site but not the P938, and I wondered why. A P938 with 8+1 would be SWEET.

·
Registered
697 Posts
+1 ^^^^^

Realistically, if Shield Arms magazine can make the G43X into 15+1; Magguts 14+1 in the slightly smaller P365XL grip would be awesome and level the playing field! :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
I tried them in my G43 mags and there were not sufficiently reliable to trust for self defense (nor were the pearce +1 and +2 for that matter). Lesson I learned (re-learned) is to stay strictly with OEM mags for self defence. Others are ok to use for practice, comp, etc. Just my perspective and experience (also saw this with promags for my browning hi powers).

·
Registered
697 Posts
I tried them in my G43 mags and there were not sufficiently reliable to trust for self defense (nor were the pearce +1 and +2 for that matter). Lesson I learned (re-learned) is to stay strictly with OEM mags for self defence. Others are ok to use for practice, comp, etc. Just my perspective and experience (also saw this with promags for my browning hi powers).
Just curious....did you switch to the metal mag release as recommended when using the Shield Arms 15 mags??

But certainly, staying factory stock on a SD pistol makes good sense.

·
Registered
471 Posts
thanks for the info, i submitted a notify message with them, id like both the 14 and 17 versions

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'll try one of each (10+2, 12+2, and 15+2) once they're available to see how they work as I've not had any problems with my +1 version for my Glock 43 using primarily Speer Gold Dot 124 +P ammo.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not to throw water on the parade, but at 10+1, I see no reason to modify the stock mag and introduce the possibility of malfunctions.

Yes, I know Magguts makes good stuff, but is two more rounds really worth it when you have 11 on board and a 15 round spare mag?

This sums up how I feel about this.

I currently have Magguts +1 installed in my Shield 9mm eight round mags and in my Kahr P9 seven round mags. Both have functioned fine but right now I plan to leave well enough alone with my 365.

One other comment: it took Magguts more than a year to bring the Kahr offering to market after they announced it was “coming soon”. Hopefully the 365 offering won’t take that long.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What issue did you have with the Magguts in the Glock 43 magazines? Was it the same as my issue, posted earlier in this thread?

·
Registered
697 Posts
What issue did you have with the Magguts in the Glock 43 magazines? Was it the same as my issue, posted earlier in this thread?
Did either of you guys switch to a metal mag release??

I read something about the Shield's metal magazine might tear up the Glock plastic mag release, change the mag index position and cause feed issues?
Apparently why Shield Arms recommends switching from the plastic mag release to a metal one if you use their METAL 15+1 mags??

Probably won't be an issue on the SIG.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did either of you guys switch to a metal mag release??

I read something about the Shield's metal magazine might tear up the Glock plastic mag release, change the mag index position and cause feed issues?
Apparently why Shield Arms recommends switching from the plastic mag release to a metal one if you use their METAL 15+1 mags??

Probably won't be an issue on the SIG.
I was referring to the Magguts conversion for the Glock 43 magazine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts