SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new here, I would like to get some of your on the 365 trigger, on all of the cause striker fired guns you have some kind safety and some have gone as far as putting on a thumb safety because some people want one because of the light trigger pull. the 365 don't have neither and in my mind it's like a single action gun cocked with the safety off, I would have bought mine with the safety on but every place I looked was sold out, I would like to get a little feed back from people you can

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good morning sbank,

I have a P365 and P365XL. I thought the triggers were pretty good right out of the box, but I like to tinker, so I installed MCARBO spring kits on both. On the P365, I swapped the trigger out to a flat trigger, like the XL already had.
I watched the video posted in this forum (
) and polished up the internals on both guns. Triggers are very smooth! If I didn't already have the MCARBO Spring kit, I would have just polished the areas specified in the video. I think it makes the most difference.
I also added the Manual Safety to both firearms.
I'm a 1911 guy, so prefer to have a Manual Safety. Not everyone feels this is necessary, but I like them.

Welcome to the forum and hope you love your P365!

Blessings,
DocS

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Regarding triggers, as you noted, most manufacturers offer both options. It's a personal choice that is typically based on skill level, environment, confidence in your equipment and your ability to use. As far as the factory tuned P365 trigger goes, it is not on par with any of the single action guns I own. Unlike my 1911's, the P365 striker trigger has a little 'mush' in it's take-up before it breaks. Each person needs to tailor their EDC to what suits them and their comfort level. The nice thing about the P365 are the options SIG provides in a modular system that will allow you to relatively easy add the manual safety if you so choose.

·
Registered
84 Posts
all of the cause striker fired guns you have some kind safety and some
The trigger blade that other striker-fired pistols have is only an anti-drop safety. If they are dropped exactly on the rear, the trigger could fire (without that safety).
From what I could find, Sig designed an internal safety for that (striker disconnect is different), so there is no need for the trigger blade. That blade theoretically could create its own problems in a stressful situation.

·
Registered
445 Posts
WHen I bought mine last year about this time, two were available a 365xl with flat trigger and a 365 with safety. I liked the smaller size, pluse it was some special deal and about $100 less, so got it and installed a Grey Guns straight trigger and M carbo kit. Love the trigger and now the pull is actulally less than my P938 so apperciate the manual safety. Every semi auto I have has a manual safety, so their use is second nature for me and honestly do not want to think of on without a safety.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, if you lowered the pull, I can see that being a concern. Heavy pull is by design on those striker fired guns.
The issue that I had with the safety location on those small pistols is that wasn't in a good position for my hands. Would hit my thumb knuckle.

As for the safety itself... if that has a malfunction, then it's "safe" for the attacker and you can be killed for presenting a gun that doesn't work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's easy to add a manual safety if you want one. There are other threads on here with lots of info about that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The Mcarbo kit gave light strike after 1000 rounds on my 365, I went back to stock and never look back!
O problems after this!

·
Registered
418 Posts
If I'm understanding your question correctly.... there's take-up and a heavier weight on the P365 trigger vs. a single action trigger pull.

·
Registered
333 Posts
This manual safety, no manual safety has been hashed out like never before on this forum and many others. Some people are adamant for and some against. I really couldn’t give 2 shucks what everyone’s opinions are. I will be the one responsible for the safe handling and use of the gun I carry. Sit down and think about it as how it will affect you and make a decision. If you feel you made the wrong decision, change the gun. The P365 is easy to add or remove the manual safety. The parts are not expensive so it’s not tough decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts