SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good trigger upgrades to lighten the pull on a P365? All I’ve found so far is mcarbo and I’m not sure if their P365 spring kit is reliable as I’ve never even heard of them. It does have good reviews on their webpage but who knows if they are real. Anyway yes I look forward to hear which trigger upgrades will lighten the pull. And yes I’m already proficient with the factory trigger and I have the flat trigger installed. Just want to lighten it up and no I do not care what a DA would say about a “modified” gun in court. I only plan on using my CCW in a fear for my life scenario and I want every possible advantage to survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I was "upgrading" mine I did the mCarbo kit and a Gray Guns flat trigger. That trigger has an overtravel adjustment . The combo got my trigger pull down to a rather crisp pull barely over 5 lbs. It is actually better than my little 1911 type P938.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have the sig flat trigger and the m*carbo trigger spring kit installed in my p365. I like the combo. The trigger pull is lighter.

·
Registered
P226 Legion SAO, P229 Dark Elite RX, P365 , MCX Legacy
50 Posts
Will this upgrade help with the “spongey” feeling or just reduce the trigger pull? I love my 365 but its my only striker fire pistol, all of my other pistols have hammers.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I sent mine to the Sig Armorer for their carry job. Took out much of the spongy feel of the trigger, smoothed out the pull, and it even racks easier. Definitely work the $200 I spent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WillyDave

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also did the Sig flat trigger and M*Carbo spring kit. It is still spongy, but not as bad as stock. It is definitely an improvement.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
......All I’ve found so far is mcarbo and I’m not sure if their P365 spring kit is reliable.......

McCarbo makes good solid kits, and plenty here have installed the P365 springs. Most have gotten a pull that is 1 to 1.5 lbs lighter.
Just the sear spring by itself gave me a 1/2 lb lighter pull.

The McCarbo Spring Kit includes.....
Custom Lighter P365 Sear Spring.
Custom Lighter P365 Striker Spring.
Custom Lighter P365 Striker Block Spring.

The lighter/weaker powered STRIKER SPRING may be a problem for reliable ignition.

Nothing wrong with the McCarbo Sear or Safety Block springs.
I learned long ago with my Glocks to always stick with the OEM stock striker springs for reliability.

Some good info in these threads....

https://sigtalk.com/p365/359846-increase-decrease-trigger-pull-weight.html

https://sigtalk.com/p365/393422-p365-100-rounds-today-2-ftf.html

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 2 P365's.

My 1st one, didn't have the Manual Safety (MS), but the 2nd one did, so I ended up getting the MS and grip for the original one, so they would both have MS.

I figured while I was doing that, I'd change both triggers out to the Sig Flat trigger and change the springs to MCARBO and polish the moving parts...

I wanted to see what was the best bang for the buck, so I polished one and changed the trigger, leaving stock springs in place.
The other, I didn't polish internals and changed out the trigger and springs.

Of the two, I prefered the one I polished. It was very smooth.
Then, I installed the MCARBO springs in the polished one.
It was now smoother and a bit lighter...

If I had just polished the internal parts prior to buying the spring kits, I probably would have just been fine. I don't regret getting and installing the springs, but I think the polishing is the best bang for the buck.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Is your P365 a target gun or do you plan on carrying it for self defense?

If its a range pistol, change the springs out till your hearts content.

If it's a carry gun then OEM springs / reliability rule the day. In a self defense, adrenaline dump situation (such as using your firearm to save your life) the last thing you want is a light trigger and certainly aftermarket spring kits that sacrifice reliability by "lightening" springs to achieve a lighter pull.

There are no free lunches with springs, if you lighten springs to lighten a trigger pull you are sacrificing reliability period. Polishing trigger / action parts on the other hand do help with a trigger pull and leave reliability intact, unless you get carried away with it and change the geometry of a part etc.

If lighter springs were reliable, Sig Sauer would have put them in your gun.

It's your gun, choose wisely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is your P365 a target gun or do you plan on carrying it for self defense?

If its a range pistol, change the springs out till your hearts content.

If it's a carry gun then OEM springs / reliability rule the day. In a self defense, adrenaline dump situation (such as using your firearm to save your life) the last thing you want is a light trigger and certainly aftermarket spring kits that sacrifice reliability by "lightening" springs to achieve a lighter pull.

There are no free lunches with springs, if you lighten springs to lighten a trigger pull you are sacrificing reliability period. Polishing trigger / action parts on the other hand do help with a trigger pull and leave reliability intact, unless you get carried away with it and change the geometry of a part etc.

If lighter springs were reliable, Sig Sauer would have put them in your gun.

It's your gun, choose wisely.

It’s my primary CCW. I’ve been in a few fire fights so I’m not too worried about the adrenaline dump aspect of things. Reliability of course is a huge role in any fight so hopefully I can manage to keep things running while being able to enjoy the lighter pull for the fun on the range. Of course I do plan on training to get use to the lighter trigger and if I have any hiccups I will switch back. I’m not superstitious but I am a little stitious and if I have any issues I always go back to what I know works. Thanks for the advice though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I sent mine to the Sig Armorer for their carry job. Took out much of the spongy feel of the trigger, smoothed out the pull, and it even racks easier. Definitely work the $200 I spent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Sig Custom Shop did this? I didn't know they had a package for the P365.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Suprised yinz guys feel the SIG trigger is 'spongy'.
Having come from Glocks, the standard SIG trigger has a great mechanical feel, comprised of actual steel parts interacting.
Again, thinking of Glocks, trigger questions like this normally elicit a chit-storm of posts that go on for 14 pages.... ;)
Moon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright I got it installed! Much better pull in my opinion. Haven’t ran it too hard yet but I have a 2nd P365 I can carry until this one proves its reliable. So far very pleased.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My P365 had 1000 rounds no failures. Then I installed the MCARBO springs and Sig flat trigger. started having failure to fire with Winchester 115gr, one failure every 20-25 rounds.

Went back to stock striker spring, kept the other two MCARBO springs in. 300 rounds later no failure to fire, same Win 115gr. Trigger pull still feels good.
I'll fire another 200 rounds and if no failures then I'll leave my P365 as is and buy another gun to play with :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'm pretty good at 'smithing S&W revos; one of the key things to a better double action pull is the rebound slide spring. Lighter is an easier pull, but can lead to a sluggish or uncertain trigger return.
It's 'reliability uber alles' if you'll count on a gun to save your life. I've a range of springs from 11 to 15 lbs, and the lighter ones are rarely reliable.
Apparently some of the same thing applies to SIGs.
Moon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My P365 had 1000 rounds no failures. Then I installed the MCARBO springs and Sig flat trigger. started having failure to fire with Winchester 115gr, one failure every 20-25 rounds.

Went back to stock striker spring, kept the other two MCARBO springs in. 300 rounds later no failure to fire, same Win 115gr. Trigger pull still feels good.
I'll fire another 200 rounds and if no failures then I'll leave my P365 as is and buy another gun to play with :)

Well that sucks! Hopefully that only applies to you. 300 rounds in and so far so good. I usually do 1,000 rounds no cleaning and that is my determining factor. I only carry 36 +1 in chamber so if I hit 1k something went wrong. I haven’t had time as I’m homeschooling my daughter so this weekend will determine if it passes the gauntlet or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts