SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today, overall had a good day. In one magazine I had two light primer strikes one after another but then I didn’t have any. Probably shitty ammo.

when I got home, I tried to take the gun apart and after I locked the slide back, rotated the takedown lever to 6 o’clockwhen I pull the slide back, the slide stop won’t release. I have to to it manually.

I shot the gun and cleaned it quite a few times and I have never seen this until now.

am I the only one who has to hit the slide lock to get the slide off or is there something not working right?

I’ll pull the FCU and see if anything looks funny but I don’t recall ever having to do this before. Maybe it’s just gummed up

·
Registered
249 Posts
I tried one of mine and works by pulling the slide to rear and the lock does drop...no mag in of course. I usually just press it down and slide it off, IDK more controlled or just how I've always done it.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Like Rockwell said, physically push the slide stop down to make sure you don't have a little crud build up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I went to the range today, overall had a good day. In one magazine I had two light primer strikes one after another but then I didn’t have any. Probably shitty ammo.

when I got home, I tried to take the gun apart and after I locked the slide back, rotated the takedown lever to 6 o’clockwhen I pull the slide back, the slide stop won’t release. I have to to it manually.

I shot the gun and cleaned it quite a few times and I have never seen this until now.

am I the only one who has to hit the slide lock to get the slide off or is there something not working right?

I’ll pull the FCU and see if anything looks funny but I don’t recall ever having to do this before. Maybe it’s just gummed up
I've had this issue only when the slide takedown lever has been moved slightly out of position. But this has only happened when the slide is off.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mag is removed, I’ll loook and see if there is any crud in there.

the more I think about it, my thumb was against the slide stop the whole time today while shooting. I have the blister to prove it.

I wonder if I bumped it out of place or something while shooting. I won’t have a chance to check it out for a few days.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took out the FCU and I didn’t see anything funky.

I did notice that if I lock the slide open, I can pull the slide back a bit and it will release the slide lock and close.

if I lock the slide open, when I rotate the slide lever to the six o’clock position the guide rod bends down and when I try to pull the slide back, it doesn’t move. If I rotate the slide lock back to 3 o’clock, the guide rod straightens out and I can pull the slide back enough to release the slide lock.

what could be causing the slide to be getting stuck, any ideas? Does your guide rod move when the takedown lever is rotated to 6 o’clock?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if I rotate the takedown further than 6 o’clock, maybe 6:30 I can drop the slide. But, it takes two hands. Could it be a spring or something preventing it from racking at 6?

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
Let us know what they say when you get it back.

Reactions: ThudSound

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What in the FCU would prevent the slide from coming back releasing the slide lock? The magazine is removed amd the takedown lever is at 6 o’clock. There must be something sticking causing the issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts