SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this wear appear to be normal. Haven’t done more than 500 rounds.

Hand Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Finger

There’s two spots the one with the arrow, and also where the slide and barrel meet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If I recall, that’s the same exact pattern of wear another member posted about a month ago on this forum.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I would say try to search the forum for normal wear p365. I think the actual issue with the other thread was wear marks below where yours show but several of us posted photos that showed the area you are referring to here.

I don’t have my p365s with me right now but I can check mine later today when I get home.

·
Registered
22,688 Posts
That's normal with the lockup method used on SIGs and generally typically look that way from the factory after fitting. Add a dab of.grease before a range session.

Reactions: paularmola and P49

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks normal to me. If you’re concerned you can use a little grease on the shiny areas.
I would say try to search the forum for normal wear p365. I think the actual issue with the other thread was wear marks below where yours show but several of us posted photos that showed the area you are referring to here.

I don’t have my p365s with me right now but I can check mine later today when I get home.
Yeah let me know how yours looks.
That's normal with the lockup method used on SIGs and generally typically look that way from the factory after fitting. Add a dab of.grease before a range session.
thanks guys. Yeah I’ve started using grease. Didn’t really believe in it @ first since I am new to the hobby but if I know now what I didn’t a year ago I would’ve used grease. Grease and oil I feel both have their place.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I checked. Every single one of my guns (except my HK Expert... I don’t know what kind of finish they put on that one) look like that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Guess I’m doing it right then.
I don’t think this kind of wear bothers most shooters. If it bothers you, you can put grease on it but I try to avoid grease on handguns because it draws dirt and ****. In my experience, oil or grease in that spot can prevent it from wearing but once it’s worn, you cant make it pretty again and it usually doesn’t get worse.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don’t think this kind of wear bothers most shooters. If it bothers you, you can put grease on it but I try to avoid grease on handguns because it draws dirt and ****. In my experience, oil or grease in that spot can prevent it from wearing but once it’s worn, you cant make it pretty again and it usually doesn’t get worse.
Yeah I started using a dab of grease.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Normal wear for ALL Sigs. My issue P226 after thousands of rounds fired looks like that as well. Yet can still hit like a tack.

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
I agree with others here, very normal wear patterns. Actually, the bare spot in the muzzle opening was like that when you bought the pistol. That area, and the similar one 180 degree across in the muzzle opening, are ground for precise barrel lockup after the finish is applied.

Grease/oil is your friend in those areas.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I’m starting to think there are a bunch of new shooters on this board. I’ve never seen so many threads posted about insignificant or normal wear being a concern anywhere else. Back in the day with the classic P series, your barrel and inside the slide would be shiny and bright after just a couple of hundred rounds. The P320 and P365 by comparison don’t show a lot of wear even at double the round count.

That wear is perfectly normal and will not effect function. The P365 is a concealed carry pistol. If you are carrying it daily it won’t be long before you’ll see wear in other places too, it will be ugly. Most firearms are tools. They are going to get dirty, scratched, and worn. Ignore the wear. Shoot more.

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
I’m starting to think there are a bunch of new shooters on this board. I’ve never seen so many threads posted about insignificant or normal wear being a concern anywhere else.
Look back at some of my first posts and you'll see me asking same/similar questions.

I joined this forum because I needed some place to go for answers and advise on SIGs. SIG Talk seemed to "tolerate" the noob better than others. In time, I came to appreciate how important that is to engaging new gun owners and getting them up to speed on the important matters of training, maintenance and operations.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts