SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to post this in a different way.

I have the new P365 SAS and am experiencing some serious issues with the new flat sight.

It functions well in only a few scenarios. Good lighting that emanates form above with no light source in front or behind.

1. Low light scenarios. Not dark and not bright but no significant overhead light source ... can barely see the green sight.
2. Pointing toward a well lit area, green sight disappears. Can’t see it over the light source in front.
3. Bright light source behind you. The convex shape of the rear portion of the sight reflects light and obscures the green dot.
4. It has to be DARK Dark to see the tritium Green sight. Anything from dusk to super dark... unusable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not Smart Alec...and it’s not a preference issue it’s an actual issue with the sights. They don’t function in all lighting situations. To say it’s not for me suggests I just don’t like them but they work well for others. I can’t imagine others not having the same issues OR they haven’t taken the sights through their paces. These aren’t acceptable trade-offs.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not Smart Alec...and it’s not a preference issue it’s an actual issue with the sights. They don’t function in all lighting situations. To say it’s not for me suggests I just don’t like them but they work well for others. I can’t imagine others not having the same issues OR they haven’t taken the sights through their paces. These aren’t acceptable trade-offs.
I never suggested that at all. You may be asking a truck to do a Corvette job is all. Don't take it personal. I'm well aware of the slide/optic limits. I can live with it. Every issue you have listed had been addressed with other sight solutions. Evidently the sight format doesn't meet your requirements. Find something else then. Lamenting about it is not going to change Sig offerings.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d say the sights are just poorly thought out and for a $570 pistol, it’s not just “oh well, I’ll get go get me something else.”

I will reach out to SIG and perhaps my sights are faulty. If everyone else loves them, I can’t think of another reason.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I’d say the sights are just poorly thought out and for a $570 pistol, it’s not just “oh well, I’ll get go get me something else.”

I will reach out to SIG and perhaps my sights are faulty. If everyone else loves them, I can’t think of another reason.
Is be curious to see what they do. You may have a bad sight. I loved my trijicon rx06 but it washed out like you mentioned. I mean I loved it. If it had met my needs I would have kept it. It would be nice if the dot were brighter etc.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,162 Posts
I sent my slide back to Sig Customer Service and they replaced the Meporlight sight. It's now visible under all lighting conditions including total darkness.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the new P365 SAS and am experiencing some serious issues with the new flat sight.

It functions well in only a few scenarios. Good lighting that emanates form above with no light source in front or behind.

1. Low light scenarios. Not dark and not bright but no significant overhead light source ... can barely see the green sight.
2. Pointing toward a well lit area, green sight disappears. Can’t see it over the light source in front.
3. Bright light source behind you. The convex shape of the rear portion of the sight reflects light and obscures the green dot.
4. It has to be DARK Dark to see the tritium Green sight. Anything from dusk to super dark... unusable.

I thought it was just me or that I had a bad sight. I have same issues with the sights and agree 100%. I bought it as my EDC but I'm not grabbing it for a low light bump in the night.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You're the first person to mention the convex shape of the site causing reflection if there's light behind you, and I have noticed that, too.

Mine is dim in low to no light, but I practice with it and acquiring it. Definitely different. I do understand what you're saying about expectations. Train with it. Or send it back, as it may actually be faulty.

SAS Is a different bird, but it has its merits.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Same here. Low to no light the sights are useless. I called Sig and they said that was so they didn’t ruin your night vision. I asked them how that was remotely possible when you can’t see the thing. I have checked several of the P365 SAS’ and they are all the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
IMO, the SAS sight config is a dud simply due to the low light issues. Some folks say they have no issues with it, YMMV. As far as CCW's are concerned, the sights disqualify this style p365

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like the other commenters said, you should be able to see it in all lighting conditions. I’d give Sig a call, you want your gun to work when you need it

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I applaud you for training, or at least aiming your weapon in various light conditions. I don't have a SAS so I can't comment on it. I recommend everyone train, or at least aim in every light condition imaginable.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I pocket carry, and the SAS comes out of a pocket slicker n' snot.
Vicratz, you have correctly summed up the problems I've had; really wish the the SAS worked better.
Perhaps it is unreasonable expectations; the regular 365 shoots so straight that the SAS can be a disappointment. I've actually shot good groups at 21' at our indoor range (which has mediocre light, but an overhead light that can be turned on).
Finally traded off the dedicated SAS, but kept an SAS slide. I'm still experimenting with it, but my confidence is with conventional sights.
Moon

·
Registered
354 Posts
I pocket carry, and the SAS comes out of a pocket slicker n' snot.
Vicratz, you have correctly summed up the problems I've had; really wish the the SAS worked better.
Perhaps it is unreasonable expectations; the regular 365 shoots so straight that the SAS can be a disappointment. I've actually shot good groups at 21' at our indoor range (which has mediocre light, but an overhead light that can be turned on).
Finally traded off the dedicated SAS, but kept an SAS slide. I'm still experimenting with it, but my confidence is with conventional sights.
Moon

That sums my final experience with the SAS up, about the same, though just my preference I never actually will pocket carry a gun.

I really wanted to like it, and even did shoot it fairly well, and I did for the most part like it. However, my confidence is in what my brain has spent thousands of rounds developing its own 'muscle memory' if you will, and that's iron sights. The SAS sights didn't work really well in all lighting conditions, like the night sights do. I wasn't a believer in night sights for a long time, as I didn't want to justify the cost. I've never gone from 0-100 mph as quickly as this in terms of not liking something, then not being able to live with out it. Man, I finally did try night sights, and now every pistol I own has them. Period. And it's beautiful that Sig throws them in on the P365s that come with traditional sights. That was another thing that warmly lured me over to Sig camp.

Getting used to a red dot on a rifle was even a little weird at first, but I now have thousands and thousands of rounds down range with them. I was able to get my hands on an XL, they literally had one in stock. I traded the SAS to ease the hit to the wallet; yes I could afford to do it without the trade, but it was easier to justify this way 😂 , and I really wanted a standard P365 and the XL. The SAS was never on my radar; it was what I got in a trade and it got me here to P365 Land. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is straight from the P365 SAS page on Sig’s website. I guess I’ll be calling to ask what they are going to do to make my sight crystal clear.

With the incorporation of the FT Bullseye sight embedded into the slide, the P365SAS does away with the need of a primary snag hazard of all pistols…the front sight. With the assistance of fiber optics during the day and tritium in low light, the user can now obtain a crystal clear high-visibility bullseye sight picture at real-world engagement distances faster than ever before.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would. That was the only frustration I had. The convex shape in weird backlighting. Tritium kinda dim, too, but it's going through all that stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I sent my slide back to Sig Customer Service and they replaced the Meporlight sight. It's now visible under all lighting conditions including total darkness.
Where can a person get a night sight for a 365 SAS that shows up in total darkness too. Or can yiu give phone number or website. Mine is good in day light but almost dark and total darkness I can't see it. Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts

If you had normal night sights and it was dark with no other lights you see your sights but you can't see or identify your target that is a problem, If you have a light either mounted on the gun or in your hand, if the light is real bright you can wash out the dots but you can still see the out line of your sights so night sights are not really needed. The point is no sight system is perfect across the board they ALL have issues of some sort you just have to figure what works the best for you.

I have to qualify daytime and night time with a pistol and rifle for where I work and for light during the pistol portion we use hand held lights and from experience what I posted above has been shown with lights.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,816 Posts

I'm not sure how long you have had the SAS or how much you have practiced picking up the bullseye, but I know I'm having quite a learning curve. I'm hoping the practice will be worth it at it is a good idea - at least in theory. That said, I ended sending my SAS slide back to Sig because the tritium was absolutely dead. Sig rep said the bullseye isn't as bright as a traditional night sight, which is true from my experience once I got the new one back. Point of my story is you might do well to contact Sig and see if they might replace the sight. The other point is it takes some getting used to so in might serve some benefit to continue to "play" with it to see if the bullseye might get easier to see. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts