SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father purchased the P365 SAS model about 10 months ago after I purchased my P365 NRA edition. He had to get one so he went to the local dealer and bought the last P365 they had. Unfortunately, it was the SAS. My father doesn’t have the best of vision and has pretty much had “Coke Bottle” glasses his whole life. The first time on the range, he literally hated the sights. The internet is full of mixed reviews on the SAS and if I had known that he was considering that model, I would have persuaded him another direction. Our fix was to send it to Chris at Fabricated Arms in Virginia www.fabricatedarms.com. He milled the slide where the recessed sights go and WOW, did dad get a nice setup! He couldn’t be happier. We put the Holosun 507 on it. It was the perfect fix for my dad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Rockin The Dot!!! Go Dad Go!!!
Your Dad can now shoot 20 years younger maybe even 30.
I love seeing positive dot converts.
Just think had he not gotten an SAS he would have one with iron sights and most likely would have settled.
One of the defining moments in my shooting life was the dot.
Going from frustration and wasting ammo feel to plucking the eyes out of a gnat. Ok maybe a large gnat but still...

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of posting. I'm so glad to hear that the milled slide worked as a fix for your dad and turned a questionable purchase into an enjoyable one. I have an SAS slide that I have been contemplating doing the same thing only with an RMRcc sight. Could you post a few more pics from different views of the milled slide. I ask because I envision the sight setting down deeper into the slide from what I can see of you pic. I'd appreciate it. I too am probably going to use Fabricated Arms to do the mill work. Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great little pistol! I have the sas version and like it very much. I’m glad to see the red dot on the P365. Would love to shoot that thing and check out that sight. Enjoy👍👍👍

·
2,719 Posts
My father purchased the P365 SAS model about 10 months ago after I purchased my P365 NRA edition. He had to get one so he went to the local dealer and bought the last P365 they had. Unfortunately, it was the SAS. My father doesn’t have the best of vision and has pretty much had “Coke Bottle” glasses his whole life. The first time on the range, he literally hated the sights. The internet is full of mixed reviews on the SAS and if I had known that he was considering that model, I would have persuaded him another direction. Our fix was to send it to Chris at Fabricated Arms in Virginia www.fabricatedarms.com. He milled the slide where the recessed sights go and WOW, did dad get a nice setup! He couldn’t be happier. We put the Holosun 507 on it. It was the perfect fix for my dad.
Could you post a few more pics from different views of the milled slide.
Hey 365fan, are you still out there? Just wondering - you have my full attention and interest! Thanks

·
Registered
946 Posts
P365FAN....Welcome to the forum; and thanks for sharing your excellent solution for your Dad's SAS.
There have been quite a few posts on SIGTalk of folks questioning how to convert from the bulls-eye sights to a direct milled mount for Red Dot without needing a clunky adapter plate. Great to hear that Chris at FA has the answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey 365fan, are you still out there? Just wondering - you have my full attention and interest! Thanks
I only took the one picture. Next time I see my father I will get more pics. Chris really did a nice job. The optic sits deep in the slide where the SAS sights were. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of posting. I'm so glad to hear that the milled slide worked as a fix for your dad and turned a questionable purchase into an enjoyable one. I have an SAS slide that I have been contemplating doing the same thing only with an RMRcc sight. Could you post a few more pics from different views of the milled slide. I ask because I envision the sight setting down deeper into the slide from what I can see of you pic. I'd appreciate it. I too am probably going to use Fabricated Arms to do the mill work. Thanks.
Thanks for the reply. I only took the one picture. Next time I see dad I will take a few more closeups for the tread.

·
2,719 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I only took the one picture. Next time I see dad I will take a few more closeups for the tread.
Thank you, I'm really interested in the view from the back - I just envisioned that the sight would set down further in the SAS cut out. Any additional pics will be greatly appreciated. 😊

·
2,719 Posts
P365FAN....Welcome to the forum; and thanks for sharing your excellent solution for your Dad's SAS.
There have been quite a few posts on SIGTalk of folks questioning how to convert from the bulls-eye sights to a direct milled mount for Red Dot without needing a clunky adapter plate. Great to hear that Chris at FA has the answer.
Hey Vinny, when I move forward on my project, I'm going to drop your name - at a minimum let Chris know where I head of him! Think I'll get a Vinny discount?😄

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
I just transitioned to the dot myself. He is going to love it.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Here's another option, if you could live with the higher mount. A RDS adapter plate that replaces the rear sight plate on the SAS slide.

·
2,719 Posts
Here's another option, if you could live with the higher mount. A RDS adapter plate that replaces the rear sight plate on the SAS slide.

Thanks, that looks pretty nice, but my goal is to have the red dot recessed down into the slide as much as possible. I'm looking to continue pocket carrying so, I want the sight small and low.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks, that looks pretty nice, but my goal is to have the red dot recessed down into the slide as much as possible. I'm looking to continue pocket carrying so, I want the sight small and low.
The SAS seems to make an excellent Red Dot host. I wonder when someone is going to try milling a P365 for ultra-low mounting a new Leupold Delta Point Micro Red Dot? Or....maybe just an adapter to mount in the SAS slot. Hmmmmm.....

·
2,719 Posts
The SASseems to make an excellent Red Dot host. I wonder when someone is going to try milling a P365 for ultra-low mounting a new Leupold Delta Point Micro Red Dot? Or....maybe just an adapter to mount in the SAS slot. Hmmmmm.....
That sight sure does look interesting, I just don't know if I could get used to the battery hanging off the back though. Just a matter of time before that gets figured out and then that sight will be the nuts!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Oh wow. Pocket carrying. That might be challenging with a red dot. I've never pocket carried, but rather carry AIWB. I wish you well. You don't think there will be any issue with the optic snagging when drawing?

I agree with minimizing the height of the installed optic. I prefer not to use an adapter plate, as well. I have a standard P365 slide at Southwest Precision Arms awaiting milling for a Holosun 507K. I'm also having the rear dovetail removed to allow the optic to be mounted as far rearward as possible. Hopefully, to allow better comfort when carrying AIWB and maintaining easy access to the ejector spring pin. The milling will be close to 0.150" deep at best.

·
2,719 Posts
Oh wow. Pocket carrying. That might be challenging with a red dot. I've never pocket carried, but rather carry AIWB. I wish you well. You don't think there will be any issue with the optic snagging when drawing?

I agree with minimizing the height of the installed optic. I prefer not to use an adapter plate, as well. I have a standard P365 slide at Southwest Precision Arms awaiting milling for a Holosun 507K. I'm also having the rear dovetail removed to allow the optic to be mounted as far rearward as possible. Hopefully, to allow better comfort when carrying AIWB and maintaining easy access to the ejector spring pin. The milling will be close to 0.150" deep at best.
That's why I'm going slow and easy and why the sight has to be buried into the slide as much as possible - I use a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster and a friend of mine has been using the same holster with his XL with the Romeo Zero w/o issue.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
That's why I'm going slow and easy and why the sight has to be buried into the slide as much as possible - I use a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster and a friend of mine has been using the same holster with his XL with the Romeo Zero w/o issue.

That's nice to have a friend using one. At least he can share his experience. Is this the holster? That's a nice style. I might try one.

Will you have to cut the holster to accommodate the red dot, or does it come as an option?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts