SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anyone with the SAS has sent their slide in for RDS cut. I'm assuming they bought the SAS and decided to go RDS instead of the gutter sight.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What Maltise said! I get the milled to sit “in” there part, but this just seemed much more economical when factoring in refinishing along with milling. Works beautifully. I did this because I wanted to try the Swampfox but wasn’t quite ready to pull the Romeo Zero off my P365XL. Plate available (sometimes) at https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/p365-sas-rmsc-romeo-zero-adapter. I got mine after I finally emailed them and asked if they’d ever be back in stock and they emailed me back to say they put me on the “will notify” list.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I’ve been toying with getting a SAS slide. But want to make sure I could get it milled if I really don’t like the sight.
I bought a non-ported SAS Slide assembly from SIG Parts earlier this year when they were $249. Didn't agree with my astigmatism, but satisfied my curiosity. SIG upped the price shortly afterward; so I promptly sold it in classifieds for what I paid.

However, if you like the smoothness of the SAS slide, and don't want a front sight anyway for BUIS with your Red Dot; just removing the Meprolight and deep milling might work nicely. The slide is stainless, so you really don't have to refinish.

Because you won't have a rear sight anyhow, the cut could even be universal to fit both Shield RMSc OR RMRcc. :cool:

Good luck with your project.
Hopefully, someone who has done this already will post.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried a gutter sight once. Wasn’t greatest, but a smooth top might be worth a try. Dual RDS mounts would also be a plus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
SAS Slide

I have a Sig non-ported SAS slide with Nameless adapter plate for Holosun 507k available. Works great just don't care for it. PM for details.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
What Maltise said! I get the milled to sit “in” there part, but this just seemed much more economical when factoring in refinishing along with milling. Works beautifully. I did this because I wanted to try the Swampfox but wasn’t quite ready to pull the Romeo Zero off my P365XL. Plate available (sometimes) at https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/p365-sas-rmsc-romeo-zero-adapter. I got mine after I finally emailed them and asked if they’d ever be back in stock and they emailed me back to say they put me on the “will notify” list.

How do you like the Swampfox?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Red Dot on SAS Slide

Just seeing if anyone with the SAS has sent their slide in for RDS cut. I'm assuming they bought the SAS and decided to go RDS instead of the gutter sight.
I'm very interested in the concept of a red dot on a SAS slide and would like to hear from everyone who has one, ported or non-ported.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts