SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After confirming with a few hundred rounds that it's not me but the sights, I'm on the road to trying to fix it. I'll document the process in this thread.

I did some research on this forum and elsewhere and learned a few things. I don't have feel gauges but I am able to slip my fingernail into one side of the sight and not at all on the other side (so it's clearly off).

I've ordered a torx tool and a feel guage to try to fix it. I've also sent a complaint to Sig; I may need to return it if I can't fix it myself.

·
Premium Member
Sig Fanatic
44 Posts
Not a fan of the sight myself. Went so far as to part out my P365 SAS. I sold everything but the FCU. Surprised it all went in a couple of hours.

I bought all new parts and put together another P365 with an XL grip module. I converted the SAS controls on the FCU to standard P365.

Upper one is my standard P365, lower is the converted P365 SAS which I am now calling a P365X ;)

20201001_193017156_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool mod.

I want to give the SAS sights more time for me to git gud. But of course that depends on getting the windage corrected.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Never have been terribly consistent with the SAS sight, especially in mediocre light.
Wish the SAS offered some sort of backup sights for fast n' nasty in lousy light, at least something to index muzzle direction.
A lot of it is becoming accustomed, I suppose. But it's tough for me.
Moon

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you even adjust the sights on it? Obviously it's supposed to come sighted from the factory. I mean it's not a MRO or something of that nature, pretty much it's like any other fiber optic sight which I know isn't adjustable, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you even adjust the sights on it? Obviously it's supposed to come sighted from the factory. I mean it's not a MRO or something of that nature, pretty much it's like any other fiber optic sight which I know isn't adjustable, I could be wrong.
There is some play.

Anyway, my key with a T40 Torx arrived today and in trying to get the screws off I may have stripped one or both of them slightly and the damn screws aren't coming loose. I guess this is going back to Sig, piece of ****.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I had issues with my P365SAS sights when I first go it. Could not see the sight in total darkness. Sent the slide back to Sig and they replaced the sight. All's good now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I looked at the SAS, but had a hard time consistently 'acquiring' the sights. Figured if it was a struggle when calm, cool & collected, it could be a disaster in an emergency/panic situation.
Ended up with the std 365 w/12 rnd mags. The ported barrel would have been nice tho ................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got the right sized torx - 9h seemed to do the trick - and they popped right out. Will use some paper to help get it aligned and then back to the range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Resetting the sights worked; I'm dead on target now. I don't have feeler gauges so I had to use paper.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Here is something to think about if you have a SAS. Eventually the tritium will go dead. The sight will need to be replaced. Will Mepro still be manufacturing it ten or fifteen years from now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is something to think about if you have a SAS. Eventually the tritium will go dead. The sight will need to be replaced. Will Mepro still be manufacturing it ten or fifteen years from now?
I can open it up and put new tritium inside.
Or I can put a different sight on it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
First, where are you going to get the tritium lamps? Second, what other sight will fit the cutout? Third, why go through the hassle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First, where are you going to get the tritium lamps? Second, what other sight will fit the cutout? Third, why go through the hassle?
I don't have the answers but I know I'm smart enough to figure it out when I need to.

I'm an American.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts