SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John at Maple Leaf Guns just let me know he was now taking orders for his slide cut for Trij RMRcc's. Took me about 35 seconds to click "place order".

Sending a new standard black P365 slide that I bought specifically for this project, for the cut and his black nitron finish. The nitron will tack on another 2 weeks to the job, but so be it.

The cut will be in front of the existing rear sight dovetail, so if I wanted to add suppressor height sights at some point, I can. I'm a fan of the Trij Bright and Tough sights - have them on a couple other optic equipped guns.

He said he was planned on waiting to post the order option on his site until he had some good photos, but I convinced him to just put it up (so I could place the order :). So I'm not sure if he'll leave it up or what. But you can certainly call him and order it.

I'll post updates and eventual photos of the finished product. Until then, here is what will eventually be installed:

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
John at Maple Leaf Guns just let me know he was now taking orders for his slide cut for Trij RMRcc's. Took me about 35 seconds to click "place order".

Sending a new standard black P365 slide that I bought specifically for this project, for the cut and his black nitron finish. The nitron will tack on another 2 weeks to the job, but so be it.

The cut will be in front of the existing rear sight dovetail, so if I wanted to add suppressor height sights at some point, I can. I'm a fan of the Trij Bright and Tough sights - have them on a couple other optic equipped guns.

He said he was planned on waiting to post the order option on his site until he had some good photos, but I convinced him to just put it up (so I could place the order :). So I'm not sure if he'll leave it up or what. But you can certainly call him and order it.

I'll post updates and eventual photos of the finished product. Until then, here is what will eventually be installed:
That should be a really nice combo.
I wasn't sure if there was enough room to mill the RMRcc in front of existing rear sight; so I'm anxious to see how yours turns out; and how well the Trij B&T sights co-witness.

Look'in forward to your updates. :cool:

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,051 Posts
When its done please post pictures.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When its done please post pictures.
Of course. I have to make sure I also get photos of the cut before I install the RMRcc. I have a tendency to forget to document things like that...

·
Registered
33 Posts
How deep are you going to cut? Will have a significant impact on the results. See Mr vinnys details on the deep cut he did

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That should be a really nice combo.
I wasn't sure if there was enough room to mill the RMRcc in front of existing rear sight; so I'm anxious to see how yours turns out; and how well the Trij B&T sights co-witness.

Look'in forward to your updates. :cool:
I’ve been thinking about the tall, suppressor sights on a compact pistol like this. I’m wondering if having that giant blade up front may introduce snag risk, if say, I try and pocket carry. I have a desantis nemesis but it’s not made for optics. Not sure if any are though.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How deep are you going to cut? Will have a significant impact on the results. See Mr vinnys details on the deep cut he did
Well, I’m not cutting anything. Maple Leaf Guns is doing the mill work :)

I’ll have a look for what you are referring to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’d like to find someone that’ll do the xl so I can flush mount this optic. Sucks Trijicon went against the industry norm on this but not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts