SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mine can be stubborn too.

Make sure the TD lever is in the 6 -7 o'clock position and get the slide started. As you push back on the slide push up on the slide release and pull back the slide as far as it will go. When I do this my TD lever just snaps back into the 3 o'clock position on it's own & I let the slide forward till the release engages. Then just push the slide release & it sould go into battery & be ready to go.

Of course, there should be no mag in the well during reassembly !!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fast Cars is right on target. Thats what i have to do to mine. Since your FCU is out of the grip module then you should be able to push up on the slide lock release lever and rotate the take down back to where you need it. Only time I had issues where I couldn't do that is when I installed a new flat trigger and apparently i didn't do something right. So i had to take it apart a couple of times and put it back together and then it worked.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try it while pushing up on the slide release lever. Not sure since I don’t have a manual safety, and don’t know how it effects the action
I actually took the manual safety off to try and better diagnose it

·
Registered
252 Posts
Andy105, FastCars, and Tazawoo are correct. The manual says that one should push up on the slide lock lever to allow one to rotate the take down lever. Since most of us don’t remove the FCU every time, and SIG recommends it not be removed at all for routine cleaning, we all seem to forget that the slide lock lever has to be pushed up.

ETA: The instructions to push up on the slide lock lever are for when the FCU is both in the grip module and out of it. It doesn’t work one way in and another out.

Good luck and let us know if this fixes the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Push up the Slide Stopper lever, like it would be locking the slide back. Then you will be able to rotate the other lever completely.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So here's what happened. The slide release bar became disengaged with the slide release lever. It took quite a while to figure out how to get it together. There is a little indent on the underside of the slide release lever's pin. I was able to get it in there three times with the lever in the 6:00 position, but the slide still lever still would not move. I "think the 4th time I tried, the lever was in the 3:00 position. Once installed I pressed up on the slide lock and rotated the lever back to the 6:00 position.

The fun part was while trying to fix it, the safety lever came out. Talking about a chore to get back in. I did not want to follow The Sig Guy's video to reinstall it because that would have meant I would have had to take more parts off. After 10-15 minutes I figured it out, and it was pretty easy. I had to do it 3 time and each time it only took a few minutes. All I did was put the FCU on it's side, with the slide lock and release lever side facing up. Then I pulled the safety lever pin partly out and inserted the safety lever lying on it's side against the lower side of the FCU. Then by trial and error I moved it around and blindly tried to find the hole.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh and not to mention now I know how to remove and install the manual safety. I took it off so I could get a better view of everything.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for your input. This is why this forum is so great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts