SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an ordered LE P365 today (W prefix) with a build date of 6-29-18. Everything seems fully updated, BUT the trigger pull is averaging 7 lbs on two gauges! Did several hundred dry-fires to settle in the trigger -- still about 7 lbs. Unit was fully cleaned and lightly lubed outside the striker channel.

Do they think LE program customers need a stiff trigger?

Build quality is otherwise excellent.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't believe LE guns are any different from any others with exception of price.

#7 is probably in spec, but I bet it will drop at least a pound with use. Regardless, the "NY" trigger is heavier than that.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
No such thing as a NY trigger from the manufacturers. Massachusetts triggers on the other hand are 10 lbs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did several hundred dry-fires to settle in the trigger -- still about 7 lbs.

In the Firearms Nation interview of Phil Strader (HERE) Phil said folks would probably get 6-7 lbs when they measured the trigger pull. He said Sig would not be advertising the trigger pull weight in their P365 specs. You can check it out at the 10:28 mark in the interview.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the Firearms Nation interview of Phil Strader (HERE) Phil said folks would probably get 6-7 lbs when they measured the trigger pull. He said Sig would not be advertising the trigger pull weight in their P365 specs. You can check it out at the 10:28 mark in the interview.
Thanks for the reference. All if my other pistols have Apex setups at about 4 1/2 lbs, so this seems really stiff, and its not helped by the tight radius of the trigger -- if it were flatter it would spread the force better. Let's hope somebody does an aftermarket trigger setup, because this is a huge letdown.

I shot with a guy on Thurs who was using one, and said he wasn't sure he would keep it, and preferred his Shield -- now I know why.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't have a gauge for triggers. I have only my finger and my memory, both subject to being subjective.

Both my SCCY CW2 and Walther CCP have horrible DA only long and hard trigger pulls. They are just like a common revolver used to be years ago on DA only.

My Tavor bullpup has the standard trigger, which is bullpup terrible. The replacement trigger pack is still too expensive for me to fetch.

The handguns that I have that use a hammer fired DA/SA trigger will always be near terrible on DA but very good to excellent on SA. My S&W 686 is a prime example of that. Smoother, better than the low end SCCY and Walther for DA, but super sweet, short, and light in SA. Very close to ditto for my Beretta 92 FS.

The striker fired handguns that I have that use a similar DA/SA mechanism are better DA than the other guns, and worse on SA compared to hammer fired guns. But, overall, they are much more predictable, so I can see why they are popular.

Don't ditch your P365 because it has a little heavier trigger pull. It's still a great gun, and so far from my own limited experience as a pure novice, it's the only pocket class 9mm that is fully rated for +P rounds.

As always, YMMV.

Reactions: Lancer L5 AWM

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
7 sounds about normal (a la stock/civilian) when measured with a gauge. That's around where mine was when new...maybe 1/2 lb. less now after thousands of rounds. It's shorter/crisper than the Glock trigger, which makes me thankful it's in the 6.5-7lb range for a carry gun.

Reactions: Lancer L5 AWM

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
k2- Yours may be the new Chase Bishop trigger. :abe:

·
Registered
52 Posts
You might be glad if you ever have to seriously use it when your fine motor skills go bye-bye and your brain isn't what you think it will be. Just a thought. I was 70 before I decided to apply to carry, and I'm glad I was able to find a good deal on a P250 dao. And yes, most of my firearms have all had their triggers smoothed and/or lightened - except the ones I carry.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also got a LE P365 and on the box it is not marked P. I cant remember what it is marked and I dont feel like going into the attic to check right now. Born on date is also 6/2018 I will check the day when I go look at the box. I dont have a trigger pull tester either but mind feels good. But I have only dry fired it a couple of times. I didnt even clean it yet just put it into the safe. I tore a tricep tendon May 31st on my dominant arm and surgery to fix it on June 13th so no shooting for me for some time. Just started PT last week. But once I get it to the range I will see if they have a trigger pull gauge there for me to try.

Ok I checked my box and it is labeled W365-9-BXR and the date on it is 6-17-2018.

But I was also wondering if there was a difference with LE and civilian besides price?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts