SIG Talk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
thanks for all the replies! what I was speaking of was not after mag had been emptied after firing , but with an mty magazine loaded the slide will not close , after reading through the manual several times and "living" with the gun for a week Ive learned quite a bit, but still have a long way to go , Ive definitely noticed a big difference between Glock and Sig as far as filed stripping , also noticed a more than usual amount of lube left from the factory, more so than Glocks, but all in all I really like this P365 , now Im trying to find the most comfortable holster I can find , my preferred carry is back of hip as appendix carry is not my cup of tea , now if I could just get enough ammo , I noticed someone had mentioned always use good ammo which is the case for most quality firearms, however has anyone had issues with reloads for range use? thanks again for the replies , Im right on the georgia-tennessee line , and yes ROLL TIDE

·
Registered
564 Posts
thanks for all the replies! what I was speaking of was not after mag had been emptied after firing , but with an mty magazine loaded the slide will not close
The magazine follower applies pressure to the slide catch with an empty magazine. The solution is to close the slide THEN insert your empty magazine. Most pistols work that way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome! The P365 is difficult to press the slide stop to send the slide forward with an empty magazine inserted. As others have said, drop empty mag, then send slide forward how you'd like. I always load a new mag and overhand slingshot the slide forward, so not a problem.

It's an excellent gun. Came from Glocks, too. Sigs are amazing. The P365 feels small in your hand, but once you start shooting... It just shoots so well, and doesn't jump and squirm around like many of these small guns do. I enjoy shooting these over the 43 any old day.

BTW, The 10 round mags WILL become easier to load after a couple hundred rounds, but they're stiff at first and very hard to get the 10th round in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hello, my name is Steve and Im in Tennessee, just bought a P365 with manual safety, have been a Glock owner all my life but really wanted to get into Sig , so many questions, I have the 12 round mag I bought seperately , Im assuming you have to take the base plate off and replace with the extension that came with it? also Ive noticed when the slide is racked it stays in locked position with mty mag, is this normal? as stated Im very new to Sig , Glocks are different as they will go into battery with mag or no mag , loaded or unloaded , Ill be the first to tell you I have not read the manual yet and that is next step , Im very excited about this gun , seems to be the perfect EDC gun Ive been looking for , till now Ive carrying the G19, G23 , and recently the G43X , Im hopeful this P365 will become my go to EDC , any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Hey Steve, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy shooting your P365. Just posted a couple pics here to help answer you 12 round mag question. IF you plan to use a 12 round mag in the P365 (with the short grip frame for 10 round mags) you should install the longer base plates that came with the 12 round mags. First photo is the P365 grip with a 12 rounded without the longer base plate. Second is the longer base plate installed on the mag.
Hope that helps clear things up for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, as is said of moonshine ("if you don't know moonshine, know your moonshiner"), reloads are very much the same deal.
I shoot almost entirely my own reloads, and really don't have any trouble. But I've seen everything from jammed guns to blown up ones with Other Peoples' Reloads.
If you can research the provenance of reloads, then proceed, tho' with caution.
Otherwise, stick with factory. Brass cased especially, aluminum perhaps, steel never.
Moon

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks for all the replies! what I was speaking of was not after mag had been emptied after firing , but with an mty magazine loaded the slide will not close ,
What do you mean by "mty" magazine?

I took that to mean "empty" or "my" with a typo. Which is not what you meant. If by "mty" you mean something other than a genuine Sig magazine than that's your problem. With a loaded factory the slide should chamber a round and close. If its a fully loaded magazine the slide release may be stiff but you should always be able to pull the slide back and chamber a round.

Unlike Glock Sig has three patents on the magazine for the P365 so most reputable independent magazine manufacturers have not been making copies out of fear of being sued. Plan on spending $40 - $50 for an extra magazine. With anything except a factory Sig magazine good luck finding one that works.

·
Registered
427 Posts
For pistols, my experience has been that there are very few after market mags that are worth spending any money on. glock magpul mags is 1 exception, and anything made by MECGAR is the other. Maybe other members here have additional ones to recommend, but I'd be wary and research them fully first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome from AZ! The more you get to know the 365, the more you'll LOVE it. The mags are damned near impossible to load to capacity at first (without an Uplula or such), but after leaving them loaded for a while, they get easier. Other than that, just enjoy this FINE pistol. Glocks are good guns. Sigs are FINE pistols. Congrats on the upgrade!

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for all the replies! what I was speaking of was not after mag had been emptied after firing , but with an mty magazine loaded the slide will not close , after reading through the manual several times and "living" with the gun for a week Ive learned quite a bit, but still have a long way to go , Ive definitely noticed a big difference between Glock and Sig as far as filed stripping , also noticed a more than usual amount of lube left from the factory, more so than Glocks, but all in all I really like this P365 , now Im trying to find the most comfortable holster I can find , my preferred carry is back of hip as appendix carry is not my cup of tea , now if I could just get enough ammo , I noticed someone had mentioned always use good ammo which is the case for most quality firearms, however has anyone had issues with reloads for range use? thanks again for the replies , Im right on the georgia-tennessee line , and yes ROLL TIDE
I carry my 365 in a Blackpoint Tactical Miniwing. I’ve tried a million different holsters for this one and the mini wing is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Personally, I do not feel using re-loads is worth the small savings - unless you are the re-loader (and I know a lot of re-loaders at my sportsmen's club - even then I see they have a few issues when I am the RO). As for holsters, they are driven mostly by personal preference - what I may like, others don't etc. But it is beneficial to ask what people like, and why, so you can see how that may line up with your preferences. Most of us who have owned guns a while, have drawers full of holsters we've collected, and tried, over the years (me included). So, for what it's worth, I carry IWB in the 3:30/4 o'clock position mostly (some OWB given the situation too), and I prefer a minimalist kydex holster 90% of the time. Of the dozens I have, I've found good value and features from these kydex makers (and these are the ones I wear the most)

bravo concealment (BCA)
concealment express (now called "rounded")
JM custom kydex (a bit pricier, but top notch holsters)

Enjoy your holster hunt (and get a couple of big boxes for them). BTW, you've probably heard it before, but get a true gun belt (stiff!). I have lots of belts too, but now use KORE essentials exclusively (again, personal preference).

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree with everything you stated. You put it better than I could have. This is excellent advice.

Asking others what they do is great to get starting points and ideas, and not taking what each person says as canon is also good. It seems like everyone you'll meet is an expert and has it all figured out. Not likely. I'm far from an expert, but I've done this a while, and picking people's brains for the culmination of experiences and lessons learned is a great way.

As far as the belt, that's excellent advice. I had been carrying for a few years, and just last year I finally got a halfway decent, stiff gun belt. It was like a night and day improvement. I've talked with several gun people, and they agreed that it's funny that we all seem to put off the belt for years and finally one day, we get it.

I don't own a Kore belt, but my buddy does and swears by it. My 5.11 dual layer nylon belt has a polymer core, and it won't last as long as something like a Kore probably will, but it does the job well enough. I couldn't use the holsters I wanted with the flimsier belt of years ago, and always got frustrated; they would tilt or rotate, the gun was never where it was supposed to be on my 4:30 carry position. Finally took my buddy's advice, the guy who owns the Kore, and man it changed the game. Don't put the belt off. It'll cost a bit, and it's worth it. The 5.11 was only like $45-50, and if I have to replace it every two or three years, ok. I like the belt.

Personally, I do not feel using re-loads is worth the small savings - unless you are the re-loader (and I know a lot of re-loaders at my sportsmen's club - even then I see they have a few issues when I am the RO). As for holsters, they are driven mostly by personal preference - what I may like, others don't etc. But it is beneficial to ask what people like, and why, so you can see how that may line up with your preferences. Most of us who have owned guns a while, have drawers full of holsters we've collected, and tried, over the years (me included). So, for what it's worth, I carry IWB in the 3:30/4 o'clock position mostly (some OWB given the situation too), and I prefer a minimalist kydex holster 90% of the time. Of the dozens I have, I've found good value and features from these kydex makers (and these are the ones I wear the most)

bravo concealment (BCA)
concealment express (now called "rounded")
JM custom kydex (a bit pricier, but top notch holsters)

Enjoy your holster hunt (and get a couple of big boxes for them). BTW, you've probably heard it before, but get a true gun belt (stiff!). I have lots of belts too, but now use KORE essentials exclusively (again, personal preference).

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just to add to my earlier post; I;ve found it usually quite useful to know why someone doesn't like something - especially if they can be fairly specific. Sometimes what isn't liked, and why, is more insightful than what is liked. Of course, knowing both is the best of both worlds

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
116 Posts
To the OP, another "Welcome Aboard" from GA.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts