SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my name is Steve and Im in Tennessee, just bought a P365 with manual safety, have been a Glock owner all my life but really wanted to get into Sig , so many questions, I have the 12 round mag I bought seperately , Im assuming you have to take the base plate off and replace with the extension that came with it? also Ive noticed when the slide is racked it stays in locked position with mty mag, is this normal? as stated Im very new to Sig , Glocks are different as they will go into battery with mag or no mag , loaded or unloaded , Ill be the first to tell you I have not read the manual yet and that is next step , Im very excited about this gun , seems to be the perfect EDC gun Ive been looking for , till now Ive carrying the G19, G23 , and recently the G43X , Im hopeful this P365 will become my go to EDC , any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
hello and welcome from NE Ohio, Yes all normal behaviour, the base plate comes for the standard P365, do you have an XL? else i'd think the mag would already be set up, the flat base is for an XL
and yes slide locks back on an empty magazine.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

An empty magazine allows the follower to rise to the point where it can push the slide hold open up when the slide has been racked, or the last cartridge in the magazine has been fired and the slide cycled to eject the empty cartridge case.

Many firearms will then allow the slide hold open control to move up and engage the slide, holding the slide open and ready for you to manually eject the magazine and insert a new full magazine. When you then push the slide hold open control down with your thumb or another finger, it will slap closed under control of the recoil spring and load the top cartridge from the newly inserted magazine.

Do not "ride" the slide by holding it by it's serrations as it closes. If you find it difficult to push the slide hold open control down, grab the slide with your thumb and index finger by the serrations and pull it back until the hold open control disengages, then release the slide to let it slap closed, loading the first cartridge from the new magazine.

Consider taking a NRA Basic Pistol class. Your instructor will go over many things including safety, marksmanship, cleaning and firearm operation of a number of designs. Its a fun and useful class.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,224 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
239 Posts
hello, my name is Steve and Im in Tennessee, just bought a P365 with manual safety, have been a Glock owner all my life but really wanted to get into Sig , so many questions, I have the 12 round mag I bought seperately , Im assuming you have to take the base plate off and replace with the extension that came with it? also Ive noticed when the slide is racked it stays in locked position with mty mag, is this normal? as stated Im very new to Sig , Glocks are different as they will go into battery with mag or no mag , loaded or unloaded , Ill be the first to tell you I have not read the manual yet and that is next step , Im very excited about this gun , seems to be the perfect EDC gun Ive been looking for , till now Ive carrying the G19, G23 , and recently the G43X , Im hopeful this P365 will become my go to EDC , any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Normal. The slide should lock open on an empty mag on any gun. Yes read the manual. These guns are all different on some things. One thing is the lever lock has to be up to flip the take down lever to pull the slide. And when you put the slide back on you pull it back and lock it and the take down lever automatically flips right back into position. Yesterday when I was putting a flat trigger in mine I put a dab of grease on the detent area of my manual safety and made it much easier to operate.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Steve. Glocks are not different. They lock back on empty magazines also. I suggest you contact Glock customer service to have them fix your Glocks, granted you didn’t change a bunch of parts and “upgrade” them.

Congrats on the new Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 38 Posts