SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a FYI on an issue I ran into. I installed an armory craft trigger and spring. It shot fine with frictionless mag drops the first several mags but then the mags started to get hung up and had to be pulled out.

At first I didn’t connect the dots with the trigger install and swapped my Icarus precision lower back to a Wilson combat. Mags released and flew out fine. Swap back to Icarus and the got hung up.

I emailed the Icarus guys and they responded within an hour and were great about helping to troubleshoot and even offered to do a warranty exchange. Great guys!

I kept troubleshooting and found the mag would drop easily if the slide was locked back. On closer inspection I noticed that the new AC trigger spring was protruding slightly from the fcu and saw corresponding scrape marks on the mag where it was getting hung up.

I filed down the protrusion and the mags now drop effortlessly again.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glad you tracked down the problem.

As a FYI to others who may have this problem, as the department armorer I found that when guys complained about the mags not dropping during qualification it was usually related to them messing with the grips and loosing a star washer. These were P 225's and had very tight tolerance. Oh, and if stuck inside the pants during summer weather sweat could bind up the mag release spring. When cleaning the gun a drop of oil on the side of the release would keep it free.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Shadetree Gunsmithing rules the day! Well done, sir.
On closer inspection I noticed that the new AC trigger spring was protruding slightly from the fcu and saw corresponding scrape marks on the mag where it was getting hung up.

I filed down the protrusion and the mags now drop effortlessly again.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I Put a semi curved AC trigger into 1 of my 365s, and I like it - feels almost like a sig flat (more than sig curved - to me anyway). I was careful and it went well, no issues. Glad they helped you out so quickly - good people there. This is first report i've heard of a fitting issue (even though AC does have that disclaimer on their website)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts