SIG Talk banner

P365 MACRO Variant??

2425 Views 49 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Rich Jenkins
Went to a local shop and picked up what I had thought to be a strangely large P365 xl and paid no mind to it as I was trading in an old G19 for it. Only to find out through cleaning the gun and watching some TFB Tv on sigs new line up of upcoming MACRO variants and realizing my 365 looks nothing like an XL but Identical to the MACRO but non compensated, full 3.7in barrel and complete with suppressor sights a RomeoZero, and a magwell installed. The TFB Tv video had the sig rep claim release of this variant in the next coming weeks but I picked it up yesterday..... Is this normal? or am I really losing it this time?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· P228 Sherpa
8,109 Posts
Aside from being not “comped”, where does the “jet funnel” have any impact? It’s just an extended mag well which for many isn’t necessary.
OP asked about the difference beside the comp, in post #4. Hence my answer. As to "any impact", heck if I know. I only own the original P365. But, folks who do very fast reload in competition or any other activities necessitating quick reload might be able to answer you. I do neither of these activities.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
OP asked about the difference beside the comp, in post #4. Hence my answer. As to "any impact", heck if I know. I only own the original P365. But, folks who do very fast reload in competition or any other activities necessitating quick reload might be able to answer you. I do neither of these activities.
Yes. Comp. No comp. Everyone has an opinion. Reloading. Certainly a mag well can help. I’m not overly concerned about reloading speed myself as concerned with real life situations, although I think some of the Sig Talk members practice this regularly.
So, I understand your response.
You certainly have a grasp on insight and expanding on what was posted!

· Registered
205 Posts
Well, just purchased my wife a P365 XMACRO. The compensator really does bring that muzzle for follow-up shots. Wife shot it like a champ. Her new carry piece.;)

· Registered
1,479 Posts
Aside from being not “comped”, where does the “jet funnel” have any impact? It’s just an extended mag well which for many isn’t necessary.
I want one primarily for action pistol (USPSA). A magwell can aid in reliable mag insertion during reloads on a stage.

A smaller version is molded into the bottom of the WC grip module in fact.

· 🎖USMC Veteran
237 Posts
My thought this is the Macro Tacops variant
These are hitting the stores the last week or so.
Same price as Macro yet full slide 3.7 barrel, 3 17round mags, Red Dot height sights and mag well
this is very much what many have been talking about doing to their macro or wish would happen

· Registered
44 Posts
Just read about this happening to someone else.
Always inspect your gear before you walk out of the store.

I love my comp Macro, I'd be sad if I ended up with something I didn't intend to buy.

Kind of cool that you have the new variant though, it's not technically released till February.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It felt like Sig was asking for problems with all these variants and dropping the "L" off the XL slide.

The X Macro is the compensated version. 3.1" barrel but XL size slide and 17 round grip module.
The X Macro TacPac is the non-compensated version. 3.7" barrel with XL size slide and 17 round grip module.
TacPac also looks to have suppressor sights.

Sig should have done something along the lines of
P365 - the original 3.1" model
P365 XL - the 3.7" model (with XL on the slide)
P365X - the original with an XL grip module
P365 X Comp - your compensated 3.1" barrel variant with 17 round grip
P365 XL Plus - the 3.7" barrel with 17 round grip
P365 Spectre and Spectre Comp - you know the drill...

It's going to get to the point customers will get lost trying to sort out all these variants with confusing names. I like the variety and modularity but it makes it tough to discuss. Called a gun store looking for an XL and was told they had an X. I said I was looking for the long slide version and they said the X was the long slide version. Thought the store didn't know what they were talking about but in the end, we were saying the same thing but neither knew it.

Sig almost got in the same can of worms with the P320 and the sub-compact, compact, carry, X-Compact, X-Carry, etc. names.
Agreed I'm coming from the Glock world and it's very confusing.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I want one primarily for action pistol (USPSA). A magwell can aid in reliable mag insertion during reloads on a stage.

A smaller version is molded into the bottom of the WC grip module in fact.
Magwell that came on the gun is great. I shot with it on and off during my range sesh, it absolutely make a huge difference in the shooting experience.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just read about this happening to someone else.
Always inspect your gear before you walk out of the store.

I love my comp Macro, I'd be sad if I ended up with something I didn't intend to buy.

Kind of cool that you have the new variant though, it's not technically released till February.
Absolutely, will do next time I thought I did enough research on it to know but, even the store salesman had no idea just following what was on the box.

· Registered
20 Posts
It's interesting how Sig comes out with variations that follow what many of us have created on our own. Many of us here were modifying our P365s into P365X's with straight triggers and XL grip modules. Then the X Macro came out and we started adding the Macro grip module to our XL's. Now here that variation is available in factory form. I know, the factory versions have the optic cut out, but some of you had that modification done to your pistols also.

· Registered
188 Posts
It's interesting how Sig comes out with variations that follow what many of us have created on our own. Many of us here were modifying our P365s into P365X's with straight triggers and XL grip modules. Then the X Macro came out and we started adding the Macro grip module to our XL's. Now here that variation is available in factory form. I know, the factory versions have the optic cut out, but some of you had that modification done to your pistols also.
That’s a fact, and likely a good business move. My 1st P365 has had the XL grip since they were available and I traded into a P365XL with full intention of making it into a Macro. I don’t think anyone can realistically say Sig doesn’t pay attention to what the market wants.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts