SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local shop and picked up what I had thought to be a strangely large P365 xl and paid no mind to it as I was trading in an old G19 for it. Only to find out through cleaning the gun and watching some TFB Tv on sigs new line up of upcoming MACRO variants and realizing my 365 looks nothing like an XL but Identical to the MACRO but non compensated, full 3.7in barrel and complete with suppressor sights a RomeoZero, and a magwell installed. The TFB Tv video had the sig rep claim release of this variant in the next coming weeks but I picked it up yesterday..... Is this normal? or am I really losing it this time?

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a bad deal. I'd rather have that than the comp'd Macro. It's disheartening that the dealer doesn't know what they are selling though.

Only you can decide if you're losing. Did you want a comped pistol?
I just needed some with high cap that didn't print as bad as my old shadow systems mr920. The sig was a great price at $789 and looked like it could handle normal carry wear as well as duty purposes for my job. I didn't mind now having the comped version or not and now knowing what it is I think I'd be able to just get the slide and barrel for the comped version whenever I felt like it.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't realize these hit the streets already.
I called a friend who's worked at the shop I purchased it from and he said their notorious for selling the unreleased weapons they received from the dealer reps that come in. Similar thing happened the last time my friend went to get a Shadow Systems DR920 with comp, they had 2 of them out on the floor for sale and it wasn't to be released for another week or so.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it (macro grip, XL slide, 3.7 barrel, normal dovetail sights) is something most of us expected for a while. @New2SigSauer started a thread, here:

THANK YOU! Been running around like a headless rooster trying to figure this out. Does it mean I'm able to buy 365 XL slides and run them on the gun? I know that sigs are like Legos at this point.

· Registered
581 Posts
THANK YOU! Been running around like a headless rooster trying to figure this out.

Does it mean I'm able to buy 365 XL slides and run them on the gun?

I know that sigs are like Legos at this point.
Although marked simply as an "X" slide, it is the same as an XL slide.

Here is mine with a stainless slide of the exact same size, only it is marked as "XL"

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Rectangle

A typical unannounced running change, SIG seems to do regularly.

You did great by the way...

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Although marked simply as an "X" slide, it is the same as an XL slide.

Here is mine with a stainless slide of the exact same size, only it is marked as "XL"

View attachment 501971

A typical unannounced running change, SIG seems to do regularly.

You did great by the way...
Apparently when Sig revamped the XL slide and gave it an independent rear sight, they dropped the "L". My older XL has the "XL" but the one I picked up last week only says "X".

Guess it was a cost saving measure to compensate for cutting out the dovetail for the rear sight. Some bean counter probably said "you can have the "L" or the dovetail but the budget won't let you have both".

Not really thrilled with the change but like having an independent rear sight.

· Premium Member
99 Posts
Apparently when Sig revamped the XL slide and gave it an independent rear sight, they dropped the "L". My older XL has the "XL" but the one I picked up last week only says "X".

Guess it was a cost saving measure to compensate for cutting out the dovetail for the rear sight. Some bean counter probably said "you can have the "L" or the dovetail but the budget won't let you have both".

Not really thrilled with the change but like having an independent rear sight.
Glad they went with the new rear sight design.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: went out to the range and shot about 200-250 round to get everything sighted in and get a feel for it. Gun shoots really well after first box. Recoil impulse is much less than I expected and trigger doesn't snag my large finger like shadow systems did. 9/10 overall feel and input on the gun with regular 115gr range ammo. Gun becomes 10/10 when paired with the TLR-7 sub/1913 railed and +P federal 124gr HST put about 100 rounds of the federal and 100 Speer GoldDot 124gr +p. Difference in shooting the range ammo in this gun vs the defensive ammo is night and day. I do shoot regularly at about 500 rounds every 3 or so weeks mainly with Glocks and 1911s but this thing today is the best of both worlds.

10/10 recommend people shooting this with the +p Speer GoldDot feels like a whole new gun. Tha k you all again for the input on this post.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
THANK YOU! Been running around like a headless rooster trying to figure this out. Does it mean I'm able to buy 365 XL slides and run them on the gun? I know that sigs are like Legos at this point.
Why would you want to grab an XL slide. With this version of the X-Macro, I think you are essentially running an XL slide/barrel, unless I’m missing something.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
It felt like Sig was asking for problems with all these variants and dropping the "L" off the XL slide.

The X Macro is the compensated version. 3.1" barrel but XL size slide and 17 round grip module.
The X Macro TacPac is the non-compensated version. 3.7" barrel with XL size slide and 17 round grip module.
TacPac also looks to have suppressor sights.

Sig should have done something along the lines of
P365 - the original 3.1" model
P365 XL - the 3.7" model (with XL on the slide)
P365X - the original with an XL grip module
P365 X Comp - your compensated 3.1" barrel variant with 17 round grip
P365 XL Plus - the 3.7" barrel with 17 round grip
P365 Spectre and Spectre Comp - you know the drill...

It's going to get to the point customers will get lost trying to sort out all these variants with confusing names. I like the variety and modularity but it makes it tough to discuss. Called a gun store looking for an XL and was told they had an X. I said I was looking for the long slide version and they said the X was the long slide version. Thought the store didn't know what they were talking about but in the end, we were saying the same thing but neither knew it.

Sig almost got in the same can of worms with the P320 and the sub-compact, compact, carry, X-Compact, X-Carry, etc. names.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts