SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t get me wrong, love the pistol. Carried it every day for more than a year. But then I got a p320 subcompact (it’s the one with the 3.6” barrel), slapped a Wilson Compact grip on it and I just can’t go back. The gun is in between the size of a 365 and Glock 19. its very carriage and yet doesn’t feel like a pocket pistol when shooting it. I dunno. The 365 ain’t going anywhere but hello 320.

·
Registered
11 Posts
that's great! i haven't ventured into 320 territory yet. i am new to the P365 and very happy to have found one. i bought the original standard size with 10 round mags specifically because of it's size. i had purchased a Shield Plus last Spring and really like it, but when i found a great deal on the 365 i had to take it. not sure i would purposely carry a larger pistol after working down to such an easy carry piece. but i see the advantage of the 320 size gun, it's definitely more comfortable shooting on range day.
enjoy your 320 and let us know more about the evolution...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, love the pistol. Carried it every day for more than a year. But then I got a p320 subcompact (it’s the one with the 3.6” barrel), slapped a Wilson Compact grip on it and I just can’t go back. The gun is in between the size of a 365 and Glock 19. its very carriage and yet doesn’t feel like a pocket pistol when shooting it. I dunno. The 365 ain’t going anywhere but hello 320.
I have both. Living in Texas I find plenty of situations where my P365 conceals easier in light clothing during summer, but in the colder months I am carrying my P320 XCompact more often than not.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've got a P320 X Compact with the Wilson Combat grip module and really enjoy it also. I shoot it a little better than my P365 but in the fall/winter months when I wear heavier clothing the P320 works better for me. In the summer months the P365 is ideal when I'm wearing t-shirts or when I want to carry it in the pocket of my shorts or jeans which isn't really an option with the P320 X Compact.

·
Registered
Sig P226, Sig P365 SAS
12 Posts
I got the P365 SAS. I was impressed with the size and you can't beat it for concealment. Smooth and no edges anywhere. I took it shooting. I had a very hard time getting used to the SAS sights. I couldn't hit a thing with any kind of accuracy. I was disappointed. I put a LIMA 365 laser sight on it. The sight did not diminish the concealment at all. The weight changed negligibly. The accuracy is unbelievable. I shoot at a 50 foot indoor range. The groups are great. You can also shoot from any position. You don't have to struggle for sight acquisition. Simply remove from holster raise and look for the laser dot. I chose green as it is more visible during daylight. The barrel is ported on the SAS. That should be kept in mind when shooting close to your body. The blast from the port is pretty solid. You don't have to raise the gun to eye level. A couple of inches out of the holster and you are good. I could not be happier with this setup.

·
Super Moderator
P365/P365XL
379 Posts
My P365 was the last off duty pistol I qualified with before retiring. Fantastic pistol. Since getting the XL I don’t carry it as much but it makes a great BUG to the XL. Sometimes I’ll toss it in my sling bag as an extra for my wife since getting her to carry her EDC is like pulling hen’s teeth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My perfect pistol has been my 1911. I can just pick it up and point and shoot. And it hits what I point at. Great trigger. I have tried all kinds of 9mm with not much luck in that way. Terrible glock triggers. I wanted to really like my Beretta 92 and 92x compact. I always had to readjust my hold to hit decent with it. Then I bought my first Sig. It was the only one in the store luckily. It is a 320 RXP. A nice Romeo1 Pro dot factory installed with co witness sights. With so many models out there and not really knowing what to get I would probably not have ordered that exact model. Must have been fate. I got home and tried it and knew it was the one. But I wanted a little slimmer grip so I ordered the WC grip with weights and 4 extra mags. All set up now. Best range 9mm I've every had. The trigger is almost 1911 quality. I can pick it up and hit what I aim at. It is too big for carry for me so I picked up a 365 Nitron. It has night sights. I use it for a pocket carry. Every trip out I do better. A few more trips and I will be super happy. It isn't pick it up and hit good. It is a small gun I have to adjust to. I have definitely been converted to a Sig fan.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My P365 was the last off duty pistol I qualified with before retiring. Fantastic pistol. Since getting the XL I don’t carry it as much but it makes a great BUG to the XL. Sometimes I’ll toss it in my sling bag as an extra for my wife since getting her to carry her EDC is like pulling hen’s teeth.
For the last two years, I’ve aced my department’s HR218 qualification with my teeny stock standard P365, and carry it daily. I fired the course once with my duty 1911 Colt Combat Elite, and felt like I was cheating, but my 365 goes everywhere with me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes, the P365 can be hard to draw, and feels like it'll pop outta your hand when shot. When I start shooting it, it surprises me every time. Incredibly stable and great shooter for its size. I've handled a ton of the micro high cap 9s, in search for perfection. That was my fault and my Fool's Errand, and I'm back at the P365. I've found, that even though I dislike X guns (short slide, long grip like the Glock 19X, 43X, etc), I really like the standard 365 slide on the XL grip module. It's easy as heck to draw and it does afford you that slightly better control, even if just a little bit. I keep one P365 as standard, and one in XL grip. I might just change them both to XL grip modules. 12 rounds, a great grip, and it shoots really well. The 320 is an excellent platform, too.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have both. Living in Texas I find plenty of situations where my P365 conceals easier in light clothing during summer, but in the colder months I am carrying my P320 XCompact more often than not.
I second the X-compact. I have one in 9mm and another in 357 sig (X-compact grip, but carry length slide). But, I still carry my P365 when I need to go small. TG

·
Super Moderator
P365/P365XL
379 Posts
For the last two years, I’ve aced my department’s HR218 qualification with my teeny stock standard P365, and carry it daily. I fired the course once with my duty 1911 Colt Combat Elite, and felt like I was cheating, but my 365 goes everywhere with me.
Yes, I've been very pleased with how it's performed in both quals as well as Outlaw matches. Shot great out to 40ish yards. Gives a lot of confidence in the pistol.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think the key is to shoot (& carry) what you are competent with and have confidence in. I haven't shot any of the P320's yet, but carry a P365 (mostly) or the XL. Quite accurate for me, although I added either trijicon or night fision tritium front sights in yellow (helps my aging eyes). The older I get, the more sensitive I get to carried weight (I started way back when with a 32 ounce browning hipower!). Weight (for 10, 12 or even 15 rds) is one aspect where the P365 shines - obviously size as well. But there are times where I will choose a slightly larger 25-26 ounce option (glock, HK, CZ....) - especially when you can wear appropriate clothing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think the size of your hand matters a lot here.

I never had any use for a plastic frame gun until I handled the P365 at an LEO expo, and I was hooked.

I added an XL slide to the standard grip and I love it; shoots great and completely disappears under a tee shirt.
Trigger Air gun Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, that bore axis is why the P320 can fit so many rounds into a seemingly shorter grip. My P320 fullsize grip for a 17 round mag is about the same length as my P-01 15 round grip length. However, the P320 accomplishes that by having a tower up top known as the slide. :D The CZ has a slightly longer than average grip, but that bore axis is so low....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts