SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P365 - Fun????

8K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  joeb427 
#1 · (Edited)
Is the P365 fun to shoot? I would not describe it that way. Although the gun is quite manageable for experienced shooters, it is a snappy handful. The 12-round magazines improves management, however, the grip extension (entire mag) moves as the gun cycles. The rough texture on the mag base and slight spacing between the gun and mag become irritating during long range sessions. Although the x-cut trigger guard allows a good purchase of the gun, I find it digs into my middle finger in order to obtain maximin purchase. Does the 365 function well? Yes. Fun to shoot? You decide.

EDIT: Based upon some of the post this thread, I need to define "snappy handful". Please note I said above that the 365 is quite manageable. The snappy handful comment is based upon a 3 to 4 second 13 (1 in the pipe, 12 in the mag) round dump. My on target hits at 7 yards are zippered about 6 inches verticle and 3 inches left/right. From 2 inches low to 4 inches high, drifting slightly left (I am right handed). So a little jagged, and spaced over 6 inches. Others may be able to better settle (recover) on target accuracy than I. Was not knocking the 365. If I did not like the gun, I would not of shot over 4000 rounds in 9 months.

Below is the catalyst for this post.

Reoccurring themes on P365 post seems too often include that it is “fun to shoot” or “feels good in my hand”. I for one do not know how to interpret the intent of the writer.
Where is the context as to why they enjoy shooting a 365? Is the 365 more fun than other guns they own? Did they purchase it to have fun or, is fun a byproduct of owning it for a more serious usage?

Moving on, feels good in my hand, is that the reason they purchased? Was there other criteria or evaluations applied in the decision to buy? What size is their hand?

I know I am being picky; however, I enjoy diverse discourse of substance.

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree with you to some extent.
I don't consider the P365 to be snappy but it is not a so called "range" gun that I would spend all day shooting.
The reason it exists is for concealed carry with a little more rounds than existing CCW guns such as the P938, Kimber Micro and others of similar size.

If the goal was to have a range gun you could shoot all day buy a P226 or something similar. There are dozens of firearms that would satisfy that requirement.

#4 ·
I think the 365 is much less snappy than the 938 or the 238 and although not as easy as a 4" barrel, it has its own place and shouldn't be overlooked. Personally, if a few hundred more rounds go through mine trouble free, I may use it for home and EDC.

#29 ·
I am not a fan of micro pistols but working all day bending over a 4 inch barrel would dig into my skin and the thick slide of say a Glock 19 would also dig into my skin, the p365 is thin enough and the barrel short enough not to dig. The only drawback of the 365 as for shoot abilities the MP shield plus is just so much better. I can shoot the 365 just fine but the trigger is too spongy and has too much creep

#8 ·
Very broad question. It's not a "snappy handful" for me or small female shooters that I know. My Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380 is accurate and easy to carry but not much "fun". Having said, that a friend has maximum fun shooting his 4" Smith and Wesson 500 Magnum (I don't understand that)!

IMHO, for it's class and features the 365 is amazing. It's fun to make good shots comfortably with an easy to carry gun. Personally I consider 22's "fun" at this time in my life. You might want to consider a 22.

#10 ·
Interesting questions and I'm sure that each of us has our own impressions based on shooting experience and a number of our differing physical characteristics. Over the course of about 50 years, I've never shot a gun that wasn't "fun to shoot" by some measure. Some were rather brutal, but what a rush! The P365 is fun because for such a small pistol it's very accurate and easy to manage, although the reason for my purchase was that it appealed to me as a carry weapon.

Whether it feels good in the hand is subjective and each of us probably has a different sense of how it feels. To me the grip seems a bit small for a solid 2-handed grip (there isn't much grip surface available for my weak hand palm); but it still handles well, is accurate, and is easy to manage during shooting. But for its primary purpose (carry), I want it to be small, so it is all about compromise for me.

I haven't put more than 200 rounds through the P365 during a range session, but I haven't had issues with grip texture, trigger guard, or any of the 10 or 12 round mags. In the end, it isn't perfect, but it comes so close to perfectly meeting my carry needs.

#12 ·
Fun to shoot is as subjective as it gets. But I typically put 100-200 rounds down the pipe in any given range session and it certainly is not painful by any measure.

I don't know about the extended mags - I don't really use them. I am firmly in the keep small guns small camp. I shoot my compact rx with a subcompact grip module and the 938 and 365 almost exclusively with the flush mags.

I do typically shoot around 20 or so JHP during a session and I will admit the +P stuff can definitely be "snappy".

I think most folks are saying they can't get over how many rounds vs how easy to shoot and conceal it is when they say "its a blast to shoot".

#16 ·
Fun? Eh, I mean, I find shooting inherently fun, but I've yet to be able to put more than 120 rounds through the P365 per range trip. The trigger has a bit of slap, and after 120 or so rounds, I am done.

Don't get me wrong, it feels great in my hand, it's accurate, and I can shoot it well, but I'd prefer to shoot any of my other handguns. I always said the same about my P938 as well. I mean, I can put 500 rounds downrange from my MK25 and not experience any discomfort. That is way more fun.

#19 ·
I find this gun fun to shoot. The plus is wanting to practice with it. The trigger just agrees with me and its accuracy is amazing for a small package. I would not define my PPS Gen 1 as fun. Although the PPS is a decent shooter I didn't find myself taking it along as often as I do this. I really like the sights also.

As for snappy- I let my inexperienced girlfriend try it and she hated it. It was really jumpy due to her hold. Tis good for me though.

#20 ·
I think both issues are subjective. I do think the 365 is fun to shoot due to its relatively light recoil and that I don't have to reload magazines every six rounds. It's a fairly accurate weapon, which helps put more rounds on target and lessens the frustration when they don't.

In contrast, I find the Taurus .410 revolver not very fun to shoot. Recoil is sharp, the grip doesn't buffer it much and on the model I briefly owned, the trigger pull was terrible.

For me, the 365 is comfortable in the hand. The grip isn't boxy or too short for my hands and feels like an extension of my arm. Easy to acquire sight alignment and the trigger is smooth enough to avoid jerkiness that may send a round astray.

#22 ·
To me the P365 is very fun to shoot. It's loud with a pronounced muzzle flash, and yes it's snappy, but it isn't punishing in the least. I could shoot mine all day long if I had enough ammo. By contrast I once owned a .40 Glock 23, and it was NOT fun to shoot as the trigger slapped my finger with each shot and made it sore after a few mags.

#23 ·
ShootAlot44 could it be you are just looking for an argument? I've shot 44mag loads that will probably destroy your double action 44. Handloads for a Super Blackhawk using 365 gr. LBT design bullets. They approach .454 loads. They serve a purpose but aren't fun to shoot. I got my load data from John Linebaugh. These are dangerous game loads. They are hard on wrists and elbows. I'm now 76 years old and don't shoot them anymore. I have had friends who are hardcore handgun addicts who fired a couple of these loads and said no more. This doesn't make me better than anyone else here. Maybe just a little dumber. These loads will destroy your joints if you shoot enough of them. Some of these folks have attempted to answer your questions but you don't seem to like their answers. Lighten up and things will be O.K.

#25 ·
Where did that come from? The discussion is about members experience and opinions of "fun" shooting the P365. The OP plainly states "I would not describe" as fun to shoot. Followed by my opinion and reasons for same. Left it up to the members to decide. Magnum shooting discussion was a result a thread drift during conversational exchanges. I did not reject or argue any opinion posted by others. Every answer is of equal value. Certainly not better than anyone here. Please reread all my post this thread.

If you carefully read the members post and those I responded to, you will see that a few may of misread the question posed, or choose to ignore the premise. I did not ask for advice on what other guns I might try, or suggestions of any kind. Certainly did not seek an argument, and/or besmirch any member.

We are of the same generation, I am 75 and very fortunate to not have any physical limitations. I still have the ability shoot, train, and drill hard. Many of my friends have passed, several still kicking can no longer shoot. Hope I will be shooting years into the future, however, not under my control.

#24 ·
I own SEVERAL glocks, from the little G43 all the way up to the G29 10mm. Personally, if someone thinks this P365 is that jumpy, then they need to shoot some other guns in the same class. My G43 is ALOT more snappier than my P365, and by a country mile. And the G43 trigger bites your finger pretty hard after shooting 50 rounds. Finger gets very sore with the G43, but the P365, i can soot it all day and does not bother my finger at all. I have several Shield`s as well, the 9mm shield is a VERY soft shooter. Probaly softer than the P365, but the shield 9 is a bigger gun in size compared to the P365. So its hard to justify.

So is it subjective...??? Absolutely! No two people are going to agree 100% on their feelings of snappiness and recoil... it is what it is. No two people have the same grip hold, or feel, or even the same exact hand strength. We are all different, even when opinions count or matter or they dont. Shoot what feels good to you. To come into forums an debate is one thing, but if you`re here just to disagree with what everyone else says, that says alot about you.

#26 ·
I'm new to pistols, but here are my observations.
My first pistol was a S&W Victory .22, and that is a lot of fun to shoot. The indoor league I joined helps make the winter go by faster.
My second pistol was a Glock26. I carried it successfully in front pocket.
My third pistol was the P365. It shot as well as the G26 and carried easier, so I traded the G26 in for another P365.
I think the P365 is fun to shoot.
Of course, if I got some snazzy range pistol, it'd probably outshine the little guy a lot.
I tried some guy's full size Beretta, and man, it shot nice. Very smooth.
It's probably better I don't do that too often though, if only for the wallet's sake. :)

#27 · (Edited)
To answer the OP's question..

My P365 is Fun to Shoot!
My P320c RX is Fun to Shoot!
My Shield Was Fun to Shoot! Well it probably still is I just don't shoot it since getting my P365.

I go to the range to enjoy myself through shooting my guns.
I look forward to my Range Days and if they were not enjoyable and yes Fun... I would not go.
I'm not expecting going to the range like going to the Dentist.

On the cover of my December Guns & Ammo magazine is the picture of two Springfield Armory's XDm's in 10mm.
Caption reads: "First Look 10mm Hammers"

In the article under "Range Time" The author states:
The XDm 10's were a handful so there was very little rapid firing!
I'm used to firing 9mm's so I suppose that I have softened a little.
Could I shoot them quickly and obtain Combat accuracy?
Yes but I would have to work at it!
This is why the 10mm is not more popular with Law Enforcement!
The reader gets the impression that you would not want to spend a lot of Range time shooting these 10 MM Hammers, yet you would have to, to become accurate with them!
They hit hard!
What fun is that?

So yes there are guns that are probably not that fun to shoot!
I would NOT own such a gun!

#30 ·
We just put about 75 people through day one of the Sig 365EDC event. If the gun wasn't fun to shoot it was hard to tell from all those smiles.

Worse than the 365 was my former speced duty handgun, the Glock 23. Even Glock rep admits it was a gun they never liked but sell because some agencies wanted it.

#31 · (Edited)
I find the P365 comfortable with my small to medium hands. Especially with the 12 round mag or my 365X. Also, I find it 'fun to shoot' and I shoot it well. I range shoot my P365's without any discomfort. Snappy to me is my XDs 45 3.3" but I enjoy like shooting it.

Reactions: Andy105
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.