SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
To me the P365 is very fun to shoot. It's loud with a pronounced muzzle flash, and yes it's snappy, but it isn't punishing in the least. I could shoot mine all day long if I had enough ammo. By contrast I once owned a .40 Glock 23, and it was NOT fun to shoot as the trigger slapped my finger with each shot and made it sore after a few mags.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ShootAlot44 could it be you are just looking for an argument? I've shot 44mag loads that will probably destroy your double action 44. Handloads for a Super Blackhawk using 365 gr. LBT design bullets. They approach .454 loads. They serve a purpose but aren't fun to shoot. I got my load data from John Linebaugh. These are dangerous game loads. They are hard on wrists and elbows. I'm now 76 years old and don't shoot them anymore. I have had friends who are hardcore handgun addicts who fired a couple of these loads and said no more. This doesn't make me better than anyone else here. Maybe just a little dumber. These loads will destroy your joints if you shoot enough of them. Some of these folks have attempted to answer your questions but you don't seem to like their answers. Lighten up and things will be O.K.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I own SEVERAL glocks, from the little G43 all the way up to the G29 10mm. Personally, if someone thinks this P365 is that jumpy, then they need to shoot some other guns in the same class. My G43 is ALOT more snappier than my P365, and by a country mile. And the G43 trigger bites your finger pretty hard after shooting 50 rounds. Finger gets very sore with the G43, but the P365, i can soot it all day and does not bother my finger at all. I have several Shield`s as well, the 9mm shield is a VERY soft shooter. Probaly softer than the P365, but the shield 9 is a bigger gun in size compared to the P365. So its hard to justify.

So is it subjective...??? Absolutely! No two people are going to agree 100% on their feelings of snappiness and recoil... it is what it is. No two people have the same grip hold, or feel, or even the same exact hand strength. We are all different, even when opinions count or matter or they dont. Shoot what feels good to you. To come into forums an debate is one thing, but if you`re here just to disagree with what everyone else says, that says alot about you.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ShootAlot44 could it be you are just looking for an argument? I've shot 44mag loads that will probably destroy your double action 44. Handloads for a Super Blackhawk using 365 gr. LBT design bullets. They approach .454 loads. They serve a purpose but aren't fun to shoot. I got my load data from John Linebaugh. These are dangerous game loads. They are hard on wrists and elbows. I'm now 76 years old and don't shoot them anymore. I have had friends who are hardcore handgun addicts who fired a couple of these loads and said no more. This doesn't make me better than anyone else here. Maybe just a little dumber. These loads will destroy your joints if you shoot enough of them. Some of these folks have attempted to answer your questions but you don't seem to like their answers. Lighten up and things will be O.K.
Where did that come from? The discussion is about members experience and opinions of "fun" shooting the P365. The OP plainly states "I would not describe" as fun to shoot. Followed by my opinion and reasons for same. Left it up to the members to decide. Magnum shooting discussion was a result a thread drift during conversational exchanges. I did not reject or argue any opinion posted by others. Every answer is of equal value. Certainly not better than anyone here. Please reread all my post this thread.

If you carefully read the members post and those I responded to, you will see that a few may of misread the question posed, or choose to ignore the premise. I did not ask for advice on what other guns I might try, or suggestions of any kind. Certainly did not seek an argument, and/or besmirch any member.

We are of the same generation, I am 75 and very fortunate to not have any physical limitations. I still have the ability shoot, train, and drill hard. Many of my friends have passed, several still kicking can no longer shoot. Hope I will be shooting years into the future, however, not under my control.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm new to pistols, but here are my observations.
My first pistol was a S&W Victory .22, and that is a lot of fun to shoot. The indoor league I joined helps make the winter go by faster.
My second pistol was a Glock26. I carried it successfully in front pocket.
My third pistol was the P365. It shot as well as the G26 and carried easier, so I traded the G26 in for another P365.
I think the P365 is fun to shoot.
Of course, if I got some snazzy range pistol, it'd probably outshine the little guy a lot.
I tried some guy's full size Beretta, and man, it shot nice. Very smooth.
It's probably better I don't do that too often though, if only for the wallet's sake. :)

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
To answer the OP's question..

My P365 is Fun to Shoot!
My P320c RX is Fun to Shoot!
My Shield Was Fun to Shoot! Well it probably still is I just don't shoot it since getting my P365.

I go to the range to enjoy myself through shooting my guns.
I look forward to my Range Days and if they were not enjoyable and yes Fun... I would not go.
I'm not expecting going to the range like going to the Dentist.

On the cover of my December Guns & Ammo magazine is the picture of two Springfield Armory's XDm's in 10mm.
Caption reads: "First Look 10mm Hammers"

In the article under "Range Time" The author states:
The XDm 10's were a handful so there was very little rapid firing!
I'm used to firing 9mm's so I suppose that I have softened a little.
Could I shoot them quickly and obtain Combat accuracy?
Yes but I would have to work at it!
This is why the 10mm is not more popular with Law Enforcement!
The reader gets the impression that you would not want to spend a lot of Range time shooting these 10 MM Hammers, yet you would have to, to become accurate with them!
They hit hard!
What fun is that?

So yes there are guns that are probably not that fun to shoot!
I would NOT own such a gun!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Can you define much more accurate? Do you prefer shooting your 226 or 365 more?
I'd say my P226 is more "accurate" overall i.e. more repeatable accuracy during slow fire and easier/quicker to get back on target during fast strings of fire (for me at least).

As far as "fun," if it goes "boom," it's pretty fun IMO :D. Both guns are enjoyable for different reasons. I find it enjoyable ringing accuracy out of the P365 but it will never be a match accurate weapon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the 365 is much less snappy than the 938 or the 238 and although not as easy as a 4" barrel, it has its own place and shouldn't be overlooked. Personally, if a few hundred more rounds go through mine trouble free, I may use it for home and EDC.
I am not a fan of micro pistols but working all day bending over a 4 inch barrel would dig into my skin and the thick slide of say a Glock 19 would also dig into my skin, the p365 is thin enough and the barrel short enough not to dig. The only drawback of the 365 as for shoot abilities the MP shield plus is just so much better. I can shoot the 365 just fine but the trigger is too spongy and has too much creep

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
We just put about 75 people through day one of the Sig 365EDC event. If the gun wasn't fun to shoot it was hard to tell from all those smiles.

Worse than the 365 was my former speced duty handgun, the Glock 23. Even Glock rep admits it was a gun they never liked but sell because some agencies wanted it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I find the P365 comfortable with my small to medium hands. Especially with the 12 round mag or my 365X. Also, I find it 'fun to shoot' and I shoot it well. I range shoot my P365's without any discomfort. Snappy to me is my XDs 45 3.3" but I enjoy like shooting it.

Reactions: Andy105
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.