SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in CT is a real joy for firearm ownership, NOT. Drove by a small LGS on Tuesday to check out ammo and inventory. Hardly much inventory at all. They did have a P365 for 750.00 and I thunk, WOW I knew it was bad here, but really?? I did buy a S&W 642 that's mechanically fine just beat up cosmetically for 200.00. Other than that everything else was way overpriced. Did buy two boxes of S&B 10mm ball ammo and one box 38 special +P 100 grain frangible for 40.00 a box. It did hurt to pay that but I don't see it changing for a long time if it ever does.

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
My favorite LGS is also pretty barren. Prices are high there, too. It's a national problem.
I did pick up a Taurus TX22 for $319, and a brick of 22LR for .08 cents a round. Not too bad, considering the times.

Reactions: dpsk and edcknives

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s steep. But if you need/want a small pistol quickly, then you may consider buying it. If not, then hold off. Sounds like you may not need it though....

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,130 Posts
That price is ridiculous.

Reactions: edcknives

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just because someone is selling it doesn't mean you have to buy it. That price is definitely whack. I waited for a sale and paid $400 for my P365 not too long ago because I felt even 500 was too steep.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
My favorite LGS has a decent inventory that varies from day to day. Their prices are decent too. Sigs and Glocks are priced at MAP. At this point they don't haggle, but they do give a 3% discount if you pay in cash.

I dropped by a big box store yesterday when I was passing by. Not many guns. The ONLY ammo they had was 28 gauge shotgun shells.

·
Registered
39 Posts
LGS are so over rated. I don't like them and never have. They are always overpriced no matter what market. Now they are just way over priced. Go with Academy and Cabelas all the way. I bought 3, 300 round packs of 9 mm from mine last month for 26 cents a round. I also bought my P365 from there a few months ago for normal retail. Academy isn't price gauging.

·
Registered
457 Posts
dang that makes gunbroker look good, you can get a P365 for 599.00$ all-day, you did end up with a fine carry gun, that 642 is light and easy to hide and everyone needs a .38 , at least those who like to have fun :) and everyone loves a revolver, no worries just goes Bang

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
LGS are so over rated. I don't like them and never have. They are always overpriced no matter what market. Now they are just way over priced. Go with Academy and Cabelas all the way. I bought 3, 300 round packs of 9 mm from mine last month for 26 cents a round. I also bought my P365 from there a few months ago for normal retail. Academy isn't price gauging.
I agree for the most part...

I'm proud to say our LGS does not fit your description at all...
Go NorthEast Firearms Honesdale

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's outrageous. Aren't all the P365's CT legal since theyre 10 rounds?
Yes, they are legal with 10 rounds, I already have one I bought from another LGS a year and a half ago from the first batch of 365 MS that came out. I also have a a complete xl slide and several grip frames for both the 365 and xl and many variations of magazines, the higher capacity ones are stored in my cabin in Vermont. Just was floored when I saw the price, thinking things are tough for these small shops as they have no inventory to speak of to carry their overhead.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bought an XL last week for 575 and very pleased with it. Crazy what things are going for and don’t see it getting much better.

Stay Safe

Travis

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good job on the j-frame at least, can’t go wrong with that. For 750 forget the micro edc piece, that’s p226 territory if you can get them there.
You can get them but you just have to have pinned magazines so they can’t take more than 10 rounds. For me that defeats a lot of the purpose for owning one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts