SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 938, but have not handled a 320sc. I looked at the specs. on the Sig website but could not infer grip size comparison. Does the 320sc offer a longer, more secure grip compared to the 938? Seems like it should.

Thanks,

deepwater

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would say yes the SC provides more grip. The 320 sc is a more rounded grip where the 938 is more elongated. I have not measured surface area, but for me the SC provides a good grip, where the 938 would work fine, but take a little more adjustment.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have both. The S.C. is all around a larger gun. Longer grip longer barrel, believe it's wider. 938 can go into your pocket. It would be difficult with the S.C. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have both. The S.C. is all around a larger gun. Longer grip longer barrel, believe it's wider. 938 can go into your pocket. It would be difficult with the S.C. Hope this answers your question.
It appeared that the 320sc is a larger firearm from the specs, but can you get all fingers on the grip? As I have mentioned in previous posts, osteoarthritis in my hands is necessitating larger, more comfortable grips. I put Hogues rubber grips on my 938 and it is an improvement for hanging onto the gun. However, there is not room for my little finger. I am not interested in owning a Glock, but how does the 320sc compare to a G26 in grip comfort?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
It appeared that the 320sc is a larger firearm from the specs, but can you get all fingers on the grip? As I have mentioned in previous posts, osteoarthritis in my hands is necessitating larger, more comfortable grips. I put Hogues rubber grips on my 938 and it is an improvement for hanging onto the gun. However, there is not room for my little finger. I am not interested in owning a Glock, but how does the 320sc compare to a G26 in grip comfort?
It depends on size of your hands. If needed you should be able to get a larger grip module. I am able to get my entire palm around the grip on the S.C.. I also have a compact with a medium grip. It does feel like I have a better grip on it. I have weird size hands. For gloves. I need a large palm. But the fingers leave room. Medium a little tight through palm finger length snug.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a 938 and 320-subcompact grip medium/compact slide. While the compact slide is a tad longer than the SC, everything else is the same.

For carry, the difference between the two is pretty big. The 938 is very slim, short and disappears IWB. While small, the 320 SC is still a good deal larger. Doesn't mean the SC is huge, but it is certainly larger in all dimensions.

The SC is more comfortable to shoot even though all my palm nor little finger fit on the grip. I really do not care about my pinky finger fitting on the grip. Tucking it under is fine and does not hurt accuracy any, for me.

SC compared to a Glock 26? The 320 SC is in between the 26 and 19 ore or less. I guess it is closer to the FNS 9C really. I like the size between the 26 and 19 for carry. It hits a sweet spot of being easier to shoot than a 26 but easier to conceal than a 19.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It's a bit of an apples vs. oranges comparison.

The P320sc is beefier and lacks an external safety.

The P938 is thinner and has the slide safety.

One has the striker fire action, the other has the 1911 single action design (guess both technically are striker fire).

If you are comfortable carrying the 1911-styled handguns, it is hard to beat the P938. It's comfortable to carry, accurate and reliable.

The P320sc is also an excellent firearm but requires a little more room on the belt.

Both are solid shooters and I do not believe either has an uncomfortable grip. All boils down to personal needs and tastes.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
My "small" guns are a 938, p320sc and FNS 9C. Of the three the 320sc is the poorest fitting for my hands. For comparison, I should say that the p320C with the compact or carry grip frame is the best fitting gun I have ever owned.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You are probably going to have a pinky off the grip. You can use an extended mag if you need to.

·
Registered
174 Posts
In that case any hammer fired firearm would be a striker fire. Which is the most ridiculous thing I've read on the interweb this week. So no - They're called striker fired because there is no firing pin or hammer, the round ignited by a spring loaded striker that is released when the trigger is pulled - it's actually a bit more complicated than that but I'll let you look it up it appears you need the practice.

The 1911 is not anything remotely close to a striker fired firearm.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
In that case any hammer fired firearm would be a striker fire. Which is the most ridiculous thing I've read on the interweb this week. So no - They're called striker fired because there is no firing pin or hammer, the round ignited by a spring loaded striker that is released when the trigger is pulled - it's actually a bit more complicated than that but I'll let you look it up it appears you need the practice.

The 1911 is not anything remotely close to a striker fired firearm.
But wouldn't the striker be the firing pin?

No need to be rude.

·
Registered
174 Posts
But wouldn't the striker be the firing pin?

No need to be rude.
no, because it is called a striker. It does the striking, it is not hit with a hammer, it is not struck with anything. A firing pin is just a simple pin that must be hit with something else to drive it into and ignite the primer.

I'm being rude? oh for crying out loud, pull your big boy pants on, you posted something ridiculously stupid and got called on it and instead of taking 2 minutes to look it up or ask a question about it you just replied with something even more ridiculous, like you knew what you were talking about. not a big deal, people say stupid stuff, doesn't mean you're an idiot but the least you could do is own it instead of acting like you need a safe space.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes. You are.
Yeah, well that could be. Been down with the flu, pneumonia and an ear infection for about a week and a half, maybe I'm a little cranky. Nevermind

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts