SIG Talk banner

P320sc Front Sight Replacement

1314 4
I have contrast sights and I'm having difficulty seeing the front dot. Not affecting my shooting, as I'm concentrating to get the proper sight picture.

I'm thinking that an optic sight might be a better option for me.

Is it necessary to swap out the Sig rear sight as well or can I just have a new front sight installed?

Dawson Precision sells front only for the P320 for about $40. I can't figure out the sizes they offer, not labeled as #6, #8 or #9 so I'll have to figure that part out. I think they offer green or red, any suggestions as to whats better?

Any better options that y'all think? This is my EDC piece.

Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
I painted the front contrast dot with some Fluorescent Red model paint that I had. It is sort of a between red and orange. That made the front dot really "pop" and I can easily see and find the dot now, even in the indoor range.

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I painted the front contrast dot with some Fluorescent Red model paint that I had. It is sort of a between red and orange. That made the front dot really "pop" and I can easily see and find the dot now, even in the indoor range.
Thanks Nick, I may try to do that before I start having sights replaced. Sig is sending a replacement front sight, but I may try the paint first. Thanks again.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,439 Posts
I have contrast sights and I'm having difficulty seeing the front dot. Not affecting my shooting, as I'm concentrating to get the proper sight picture.

I'm thinking that an optic sight might be a better option for me.

Is it necessary to swap out the Sig rear sight as well or can I just have a new front sight installed?

Dawson Precision sells front only for the P320 for about $40. I can't figure out the sizes they offer, not labeled as #6, #8 or #9 so I'll have to figure that part out. I think they offer green or red, any suggestions as to whats better?

Any better options that y'all think? This is my EDC piece.

Thanks.
Check out Brownells, they carry Hi Viz brand Fiber Optic sights, they have both #6 and #8 with interchangeable light rods in red/green/white, at $30.99 each, besides carrying the Dawson Precision. Which to me looks to be compatible with the taller "suppressor" sights, but I could be wrong, as they also show only 2 options, which is for a P226 or P320.

Reactions: tawcat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.