SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a P320C upper that now sits in a X-Carry grip module. The takedown lever is barely manageable in the Compact grip and nearly impossible to manage without tools in the X-Carry grip module.

I have a separate P320XCA that where it's takedown lever is appropriately manageable, so I know what could be expected.

Suggestions welcome.

Roger

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a P320C upper that now sits in a X-Carry grip module. The takedown lever is barely manageable in the Compact grip and nearly impossible to manage without tools in the X-Carry grip module.

I have a separate P320XCA that where it's takedown lever is appropriately manageable, so I know what could be expected.

Suggestions welcome.

Roger

Over the last 3 years of owning my 320 I have on occasion had a hard to turn TDL in a few Grip Modules so it’s not unusual.
Take the slide off and work the TDL some in the grip module. I always put a drop of oil on it also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shoot and use the gun more. The take down lever will eventually get easier in time. Dont worry about it.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Push up and down on the end of the recoil rod as you push on the TD lever.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I always put some tetra grease on the o-ring and any mating surfaces on the TDL, seems to make it nice and smooth.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shoot and use the gun more. The take down lever will eventually get easier in time. Dont worry about it.
Don't know if I can afford to shoot it more. It gets shot and cleaned weekly, now for about 18 months. This lever is really tight. It's not so difficult in my Compact grip, much tighter in the X-Compact grip. I'm about to try valve compound :-( not really).

Thanks for the reply....
Roger

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the various lube suggestions. I did try going with some slide grease and that really does smooth out things when the slide is off. Once the slide is on, I have to use a notched squared off piece of 2x2 to rotate the lever. Worked it significantly, but just adding marks to the grip.

I can see the recoil spring rod dipping as I rotate the lever, but it doesn't want to be moved either.

This seems to be well built on the wrong side of the acceptable tolerances.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have you tried to squeeze the trigger while rotating the takedown lever? I've discovered that this makes it much easier to rotate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey P226S

My new X5 Legion was a ***** to take apart. I couldn’t get the Take Down Lever (TDL) out. I called Sig and they said “It takes several dozen disassemblies before it wears in”. I posted a similar question received suggestions from members - that by rotating it clockwise it worked better and to finally seat it I put it back in the original locked position and it seats easier that way for me.

Good luck, take care and be safe out there.

·
Banned
904 Posts
I try to replace mine as soon as I get them. There is one I ordered but can't remember the manufacturer. It is not as large as the gas pedal but equally useable and made the take down much easier.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey P226S

My new X5 Legion was a ***** to take apart. I couldn’t get the Take Down Lever (TDL) out. I called Sig and they said “It takes several dozen disassemblies before it wears in”. I posted a similar question received suggestions from members - that by rotating it clockwise it worked better and to finally seat it I put it back in the original locked position and it seats easier that way for me.

Good luck, take care and be safe out there.
I had one P320 that was a bit stiff to turn the takedown lever. When I removed the lever it appeared that the o-ring was twisted in its groove a bit. I straightened the o-ring out and put a bit of Ballistol on it before reinstalling, it was smooth after that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
All good posts. The usual two gremlins are the O-Ring and the ID of the hole on right side of grip module. The O-Ring is oversized and breaks in. Put a drop of oil on it to make it easier to insert. The Right side hole on grip module has slightly different ID in different modules. The X Carry for a while was about ,003 to .004 below others and it makes it hard to get the spindle through the module. It will break in. A lot of rotation helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts