SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at one right now at a LGS....are these a unicorn or am I just not paying attention?

Also.....my guess the 45 Compact only comes in a Gen 1 frame? If so bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gibbs

·
Registered
387 Posts
First one I've seen and I believe you are correct regarding the P320 45 Grip Modules being Gen 1 only for now. I've ordered new modules for mine and they have all shipped as Gen 1.

I did convert my P320 45 Slide Lock using the provided Gen 2 Slide Lock contained in one of my P320 9mm Grip Module purchases.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Full FDE is rare, as well as the 45 in Compact in general - Does that have a medium size grip now? I'm glad I got mine with a Small as it fits my hand better (and the availability of grip frames is spotty)

We 45 owners are ALL waiting on Gen2 frames (which I assume will all come with the updated slide catch when they are finally made) but Sig told me that they haven't made a new batch for the 45's yet and since its such a clusterf!ck with the grip availability now it will probably be a bit longer.

Go for it, for the size the capacity at 9+1 is great!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a small grip on the FDE

How is the recoil in the P320?

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's good - I like the Small grip better although I don't have big hands at all, I think its better for wrapping your hand around more -

Do you own any 45's or are you recoil sensitive? The recoil impulse is more of a push than say the sometimes snappiness of .40S&W - and its decently mid-sized so its not like a single stack Shield 45 etc - I don't know how the Subcompact 45 would feel (I've personally never seen one)

In general though and yes its a poor comparison because they are both full size pistols but the Justin Opinion PPQ 45 vs. P320 45 (Full) is a great comparison video showing how the P320 shoots in .45 -

Also a guy on YT, Hammer Striker, had a nice video on the P320 C45 with some range footage you can see, in my opinion the recoil is not bad at all -

·
Premium Member
13,493 Posts
Mo, what was the problem?
I am on the prowl for a 45 320c.
Either the gun had an issue where it would lock the slide prematurely, or my hand was doing it. Doesn't happen on my 9mm compact. Also couldn't find a medium-sized compact frame anywhere and there was a bit of a cross-up when shipping to and from Sig.

It was just sort of bad mojo with it and I didn't jive with it. Said it often that I'm sure glad I got the 9mm version first and love it, otherwise this experience would probably have turned me off to the P320 altogether. I had a thread that pretty much chronicled it all.

Just goes to show how personal and individual a gun's fit to the shooter is.....even within the same design. Someone else may very well find it perfect.

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Either the gun had an issue where it would lock the slide prematurely, or my hand was doing it. Doesn't happen on my 9mm compact. Also couldn't find a medium-sized compact frame anywhere and there was a bit of a cross-up when shipping to and from Sig.

It was just sort of bad mojo with it and I didn't jive with it. Said it often that I'm sure glad I got the 9mm version first and love it, otherwise this experience would probably have turned me off to the P320 altogether. I had a thread that pretty much chronicled it all.

Just goes to show how personal and individual a gun's fit to the shooter is.....even within the same design. Someone else may very well find it perfect.
Thanks, I might just stick with the 1911s for 45 .
My lgs can't locate a 320 45 and he is a sig dealer.

Hold center

Mills

·
Premium Member
13,493 Posts
Thanks, I might just stick with the 1911s for 45 .
My lgs can't locate a 320 45 and he is a sig dealer.

Hold center

Mills
As far as compact .45's go, I like the Glock 30SF and M&P45C better myself. But if you want a P320 in .45, the Sig Elite dealer I my state had some when I went there last week. Hoffman's Gun Center in Newington, CT.

·
Registered
265 Posts
First off... nice looking pistol. I saw an all FDE in Kalamazoo, MI recently at the gun store. Believe it was a 9mm

I have both the 9mm P320 and the .45ACP in compact small. I have the FDE grip, Compact, small, and the slide is black. it came with a black Compact Small grip. Tried to order a Compact Small grip for my 9mm and was sent a black Compact Small grip module for the .45, so have the original in black, a spare (they told me to keep it- reversed the charges) the FDE Compact Small and I bought a Full Size Small and chopped it down to a carry that holds 10 instead of 9.

Having both, as above picture is really nice. My .45 shoots like a dream!! Carries pretty nice in a new Alien Gear 3.0 holster I just got on. .45 is a very nice pistol. I changed out the Gen 1 slide lock for the Gen 2. Then I got a spare in a new grip module (Compact small, blk) for my 9mm grip module.

I'm sure it won't last long at your LGS. You should buy it!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Also.....my guess the 45 Compact only comes in a Gen 1 frame? If so bummer
I think all the .45 ACP P320s come with Gen 1 grips modules regardless of Sub-Compact, Compact, Carry or Full.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
If you want a compact in FDE I would say you found a rare beast indeed. I have the full-size version and have it for sale just because I am in a frame of mind that tells me I have too many handguns and 2 45s (220 & 227) is enough. I did an extensive search for a small grip, any color, and found none. I put my self on a few "Please notify me" lists.

I may hang onto mine just because this seems to be a lost area of Sig development. I wonder if the Army contract will dominate their production, and development, time for awhile. There were a ton of 45s in the carry configuration on gunbroker last week.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did an extensive search for a small grip, any color, and found none. I put my self on a few "Please notify me" lists.
Small grip for the P320 Full .45? I just ordered one and cut it down to be a "Carry". It was black.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think all the .45 ACP P320s come with Gen 1 grips modules regardless of Sub-Compact, Compact, Carry or Full.

I was at the Sig Academy Pro Shop on Friday and they have the FDE .45 P320 Compact Small as well. 510 would be my price.

The Full Size P320 45 comes with the Gen 2 grip. I've been thinking of maybe getting a full-size and then just buying a compact small grip as the full-size slide will fit and look fine on the compact grip hmmmm

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess I got lucky. During the second week of Jan 2017 I purchased a new 320 Carry in 45 ACP with a medium Generation 2 grip frame. It has contrast sights (which I prefer) and the adverse trigger. So far over 600 rounds and not a single issue -- except the take down lever is very stiff. It is a joy to shoot.

Now if I could find a holster for it ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.