SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a P320C and have no fired ~300 rds thru it. Friday while running 3 different brands of 9mm 115 gr factory ammo (Federal, PMC and Magtech) I had two instances of "click" (no bang). In both cases, I pulled the slide back ~1/4" and released, pulled the trigger and it went bang as it should.

Since this was purchased with the intent of becoming a carry gun, this problem makes me uneasy. Since I still work in law enforcement, if G_d forbid I ever have to use it, it must be 100% reliable, failures to fire are not acceptable.

I do plan on calling Sig next week, but if anyone here has a clue what might cause this (brand new gun DOB 1/17), I'm all ears.

Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
A couple things. Did you notice if the primers had light strikes? Magtech primers are generally pretty hard and some striker-fired weapons have issues with them. Do you recall if the weapon was in battery all the way when it went click?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A couple things. Did you notice if the primers had light strikes? Magtech primers are generally pretty hard and some striker-fired weapons have issues with them. Do you recall if the weapon was in battery all the way when it went click?
It was in battery every time, no light strikes as the trigger merely clicked, the striker didn't engage those 2 times.

·
Registered
376 Posts
It was in battery every time, no light strikes as the trigger merely clicked, the striker didn't engage those 2 times.
Hmmm, sounds like that weapon may need to go back to SIG. Does the striker block move easily?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
When you did your new handgun clean up did you clean the shipping lube out of the striker area ?? IF not it can turn into a collection for all sorts of powder and brass residue . Needs to be clean and bone dry .

·
Registered
235 Posts
There are definetly known be problems with certain FCU's that might be on the low/high of tolerance stack for the sear engagement with the trigger bar or disassembly safety. You might have a bad FCU.
I experienced this with an FCU when I installed a GGI Pelt trigger. GGI sent me a modified trigger that solved the problem.

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Shamefully I fired both of my 320's directly out of the box, several hundred rounds each with zero faults before initial cleaning .

After thousands of rounds they have been 100 % reliable, zero faults.

IMHO, I would return your SIG to the mother ship, FTF is not acceptable in a gun that your life may depend on.

Welcome to the forum.
Mills

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.