SIG Talk banner
361 - 380 of 386 Posts

· Registered
462 Posts
HA! Good to go, and just kidding. I'm sure they (& other companies) are probably in here getting a feel of what's hot and what's not.

If they're listening, I'd like an 5" Bbl 10mm and .45ACP AXG striker-fired OR Legion (& MORE Classic P-Series pistols). (y);):ROFLMAO::LOL:

· Registered
11 Posts
Shot my XTen and SA XDM- elite 10mm 4.5” the other day. Loaded up some Rim Rock 220 grain hardcasts with Longshot powder at 1100 fps @ 1.250” OAL. My XTen had numerous FTF issues where as the XDM Elite fed everything just fine. I may load some up at 1.230” and see if they feed at that length. Damn……I was hoping they would feed as I prefer the feel of the XTen better.

· Registered
462 Posts
I saw/held one of the new FN's yesterday at the Raleigh, NC gun show. Its BIG. Way too big for my hands. And on top of that, its butt ugly.
Which of the included back straps did you use? Just curious...:unsure:

And FN's are mostly synonymous with being "unattractive", no way around it. My FNX-45T and SLP Tactical (plus the M240B I carried for years) are certainly NOT "good looking" by any means, but they certainly do perform when all is said and done.

· Registered
27 Posts
I purchased some Ammo brand fmj 10mm 180gr cartridges. Their COAL ranged from 1.258 though 1.260. Their meplat was approximately 6.7mm with a typically conic type of ogive. I loaded up four magazines with these cartridges and everytime a cartridge would pass the mag-catch holes in the mag tube, the meplat edge would catch and hold-up loading the next cartridge until I smacked the base of the mag on a hard surface.
Of course, they all hung up within the tube as I tried to unload each cartridge. Scary. Not confidence inspiring.
However, I tried firing these four mags with these Ammo cartridges in the xten, and had no misfeeds.
I will say, however, that just like all the other types of 10mm cartridges I've used in the xten (over 600 rounds so far) the xten was not consistent nor accurate. I like shooting from distance.... from 50m to 120m, as those distances really test a pistol's consistency. I find that I'm lucky to get consistent hits on a 12" diameter plate at 50m with this gun with any type of ammunition. I'm always suspicious of myself when this happens, and it always happens with this gun -- so I ask myself if maybe I'm having an 'off' day. So I switch to my trusty G20 and G40, which both are almost just too dang easy to hit dead center of target consistently at 110-120m. No problemo with the glocks at distance. And doing the Elisjsha Dicken Drill on a 12" diameter plate (four rounds at 42 yrds, run to 25yrd and drill another four rounds, then run to 20 ft and slam another two rounds in less than 15 seconds), the xten in my hands fails to do as well as Elisjsha, yet both glocks and a 1911 provide satisfying hits on each of the ten rounds, all under 15 seconds. I can't explain why there is so much difference in the consistency of these weapons. The Xten has a great feel, and I swear the muzzle isn't flinched on the trigger pull, because the trigger is pretty nice. Slow, precisely-aimed, calculated fire exhibits the same problems with the xten. Dang! I have noticed a lot of lateral forward slide play, far more compared to all my other pistols, though.
I really want to love this xten. It feels great in the hand. It looks great too. And to me it balances well enough. It certainly doesn't give me anything like the dreaded sore glock callous. But it just fails in too many other ways, especially in accuracy at longer ranges for me.
Maybe it's just a mismatch of me with this particular piece.:cry:

· Registered
388 Posts
I'd be royally ****** off if SIG released an upgraded offering and didn't fix our existing XTENs! :mad:
After SIG put BOTH of their feet in their own mouth with the grip module/magazine "fiasco" with the X-Ten, I wouldn't be surprised if they went all out to try to make up for it. Combat, Carry, AXG/TXG, Legion, Spectre, etc. ...

Anything with a "slightly" larger grip module and an improved magazine geometry to work with more varied 10mm ammo would do them (& us) well in the long run. I could see a "Combat" version first, especially w/ tall night sights, threaded barrel, extended magazine, and (of course) in FDE.

· Registered
462 Posts
I'd be royally ** off if SIG released an upgraded offering and didn't fix our existing XTENs! :mad:
Then get ready to be royally ** off b/c I got a felling that they'll do just that in order to save face. The LGSs down here are selling the M&P M2.0 4.6" & 4" models for around $500 apiece, and the new FN 510s are also flying off the shelves/counters at $950 for BLK and $990 for FDE. The new G20 Gen 5s w/ MOS are also selling out (I'm even waiting for a Blue Labeled one), and the Springfield Armory XD-M Elites are just doing whatever it is they do sitting on shelves. Got plenty of X-Tens in the area but they're still near retail pricing...

If this is somewhat near being common across the U.S., SIG would have to be out of their minds NOT to be chomping at the bit to release a "revised" or updated X-Ten in order to try to cash in on the new striker-fired 10mm craze as of late (15+1). Just sayin'... :LOL:

· Registered
27 Posts
I found yet another flaw in the xten platform.
So after many months of the six mags being fully loaded and around 600 rounds through the xten, the slide is easier to manipulate rearward with a full (15 rounds) mag in the magwell. However. If there is a chambered round and a full mag in the well, forget about trying manipulate that slide to extract the unfired round from the chamber. The slide won't slide back enough to extract the round but will move just enough to see that there is a round in the chamber. I cannot extract that round without letting the magazine fall out of the well.
Is this yet another silly and not-asked-for 'safety feature' of sig's?
Any other pistol that I've used allows the operator to extract a non-fired round from the chamber without dropping the magazine. What happens if a round is a dud and you need to extract it without releasing the mag?! Good luck in a fight for your life.
I've had enough of beta-testing this piece of untested, prematurely-released equipment.

· Registered
696 Posts
I found yet another flaw in the xten platform.
So after many months of the six mags being fully loaded and around 600 rounds through the xten, the slide is easier to manipulate rearward with a full (15 rounds) mag in the magwell. However. If there is a chambered round and a full mag in the well, forget about trying manipulate that slide to extract the unfired round from the chamber. The slide won't slide back enough to extract the round but will move just enough to see that there is a round in the chamber. I cannot extract that round without letting the magazine fall out of the well.
Is this yet another silly and not-asked-for 'safety feature' of sig's?
Any other pistol that I've used allows the operator to extract a non-fired round from the chamber without dropping the magazine. What happens if a round is a dud and you need to extract it without releasing the mag?! Good luck in a fight for your life.
I've had enough of beta-testing this piece of untested, prematurely-released equipment.
Is there a physical blockage or is it a grip strength issue?

· Registered
27 Posts
I took the FCU out of the frame and didn't see anything unusual, all the pins were in place (sometimes they do inch their way out of place I've found). Other than that I haven't fully examined the problem to determine the mechanical blockage. It just ****** me off because it's been happening all the time, now. This never occurred before around 500 rounds.
I've also found that sometimes the RSA becomes out of alignment on the barel/frame and when the slide is fully rearward, the front of the RSA is off of the longitudinal axis of the frame.

· Registered
484 Posts
Grip strength? :ROFLMAO: Ha! Absolutely not the factor. I'm a 6', 225 lb power lifter/body builder with big hands. There is a mechanical blockage somewhere in the FCU that even ~200 lbs of force cannot overcome.
Never fired SIG Sauer P320 XTen that arrived yesterday.
First round from full magazine went in fine, dropped magazine, topped off, then effortlessly/completely cycled the slide ejecting one round and replacing with another. Got easier after that.

Conclusion... more gym time or spinach for someone?
Or... send it to SIG.
Happy to send a video of the process to your email.

Just poking the bear... hope you get it figured out!

Wood Gun barrel Fashion accessory Gun accessory Tints and shades

361 - 380 of 386 Posts