SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I have a p320 XFull and have been having a heck of a time trying to remove the fire control assembly to do a thorough cleaning of the gun. I don't seem to be able to move the fire control assembly forward as the manual indicates I need to. Any tips on how to do that so I can then pull up on the receiver rails and remove the assembly?
Thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
My 320's were really stiff at first but got easier over time. The best tool I bought to remove the FCU was the Sig Armor tool from the Sig Armorer. Cost about $40 but well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi everyone!

I have a p320 XFull and have been having a heck of a time trying to remove the fire control assembly to do a thorough cleaning of the gun. I don't seem to be able to move the fire control assembly forward as the manual indicates I need to. Any tips on how to do that so I can then pull up on the receiver rails and remove the assembly?

Thanks!
The front lifts up, before you can move it forward. And of course the takedown lever has to be removed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi everyone!
Thanks!

Wilson Combat has a youtube video to show how to remove and install FCU

:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 320's were really stiff at first but got easier over time. The best tool I bought to remove the FCU was the Sig Armor tool from the Sig Armorer. Cost about $40 but well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Curious how does that block help get the FCU out of the grip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts

It's got slots in one side of it that engage with the rails on the FCU and then you can lift it up.

Or, instead of paying $40 for a $2 block of plastic, you can put your slide over the front rails of the FCU and use that to lift with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I just didn’t know how the block helped with getting FCU out. I’ve had 320s and X5s that I’ve never had any trouble getting it out. The block looks good for working on the FCU

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's got slots in one side of it that engage with the rails on the FCU and then you can lift it up.
Or, instead of paying $40 for a $2 block of plastic, you can put your slide over the front rails of the FCU and use that to lift with.

LOL, I just used a pen under the rail while I slightly pull trigger and easy life and in my case no broken nails

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all who responded! I followed several of these suggestions and now have been able to get the FCU up and out. It was VERY stiff but at least I know how to remove it for cleaning or inspection.
WS

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks to all who responded! I followed several of these suggestions and now have been able to get the FCU up and out. It was VERY stiff but at least I know how to remove it for cleaning or inspection.
WS

You're welcome

It's all about learning and here one can get info to help

·
Registered
109 Posts

Skip ahead to 2:30, he starts explaining how the block helps removing the FCU. I don't have one, never had any problems removing my FCU.

Reactions: grell6954

·
Registered
18 Posts
Skip ahead to 2:30, he starts explaining how the block helps removing the FCU. I don't have one, never had any problems removing my FCU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0ZmHi69EL8

When you flipped the block over it was pretty obvious that it was there. I watched Roberts video and must of missed that. I tried to get 1 when 1st came out but was always out of stock and I never remember to look at his site. Guess I will do that now. Thanks Jeff

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
When you flipped the block over it was pretty obvious that it was there. I watched Roberts video and must of missed that. I tried to get 1 when 1st came out but was always out of stock and I never remember to look at his site. Guess I will do that now. Thanks Jeff
It is a clever tool.
I sometimes use it to get stubborn FCU's started.

I like the Gray Guns block better for support for driving the Sear Housing pin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts