SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a p320 Xfull and am considering getting a laser sight for it. If anyone has experience using a laser sight attachment for a p320 xfull or full, I would appreciate learning what suggestions recommendations you might have for ones that worked well or not so well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
not your model, but both the surefire x400u or olight baldr pro have 1000 lumen lights and green lasers, at vastly different price points.

the surefire is slightly shorter, and the light is superior in color, throw and spill (as you would expect at more than 4x the price).

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Surefire, Streamlight, CrimsonTrace, Viridian... They're American companies, and with many models are paying Americans living wages to make or assemble great products here in the U.S.

Reactions: McDermott

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I have/had a Crimson Trace laser sight on my P320c. Loved it and was accurate and easy to activate. My 320c is my HD firearm and sometimes carry. I decided to try a RDS and now prefer it for HD. Mine is in the classifieds.

I use a CT on my EDC 365 and still love it and most likely will NOT go to a RDS for EDC.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You would be much better off forgoing a visible laser and just getting a white light from either SureFire or Streamlight. Visible lasers really dont make much sense on handguns unless you are in a context where you are employing a handgun from behind a shield. You are also going to have issues finding quality holsters for really any laser on the market. Even for the Streamlight TLR-2 and SureFire X400U, holster availability is greatly reduced. Also, as a general rule, avoid anything from O-light. They are cheap chinese lights that advertise big numbers but lack durability and performance compared to the lights they try to compete with.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
You would be much better off forgoing a visible laser and just getting a white light from either SureFire or Streamlight. Visible lasers really dont make much sense on handguns unless you are in a context where you are employing a handgun from behind a shield. You are also going to have issues finding quality holsters for really any laser on the market. Even for the Streamlight TLR-2 and SureFire X400U, holster availability is greatly reduced. Also, as a general rule, avoid anything from O-light. They are cheap chinese lights that advertise big numbers but lack durability and performance compared to the lights they try to compete with.

I found about 10 holsters each my 365 and 320 with a CT laser. That’s pretty decent. IWB and almost as much for OWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found about 10 holsters each my 365 and 320 with a CT laser. That’s pretty decent. IWB and almost as much for OWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which holsters did you find were the best for the 320 w/ CT laser?
Thanks!
WS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up getting a Crimson Trace laser (green) and also a Streamlight TRL 1HL rail-mounted light. They are both great for their different purposes. I also got an IWB Dara holster which can accommodate either light. I just had to loosen up the muzzle end of the holster to have the Streamlight fit in and pull out comfortably.

I appreciate all the input everyone gave on these questions!

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you haven't installed them yet, I'd make a different suggestion. Ditch the laser. Like someone else said, it doesn't do much good unless you're firing from around something and can't get a sight picture. The WL is a good idea for CC but I'd recommend an RDS instead of the laser. It's more expensive but works very well. I've got an RDS and a WL on both of my EDCs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts