SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone that has the X5 and the Gray Guns straight faced trigger compared the two? Are they identical in shape and size?

My understanding, (please correct me if I'm wrong), is that the X5 was the product of a collaboration with Bruce Gray, which would lead me to think that the X5s trigger is essentially the same outside appearance as the GG straight faced trigger.

I'm asking because my X5 is on it's way, and I'm considering ordering the trigger kit from Gray Guns, but if it's the same, I've got a spare rod and spring from another kit.

I would like to keep this gun USPSA Production class legal (hence the above question).

·
Registered
761 Posts
The PELT trigger from GGI lowers the pull by 2lbs, so it has to be different.

Email between myself and GGI

Steven,

Yes it will, its the same FCU, but it has some lighter components,

-Tyrell

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Steven <[email protected]> wrote:
Steven sent the following message through the GGI website.

I have a Sig p320 with the pelt flat trigger. I just ordered a p320 x5 and I saw the pelt trigger is compatible. Will the pelt trigger still drop the pull weight by approximately 2lbs on the x5?

Reactions: villedetwink

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought a straight PELT after I ordered my X-5 as I really like the curved PELT triggers on my other two P320s. Just returned from the range from shooting the X-5 for the first time, with the stock trigger, and definitely will be installing the PELT trigger. I am not sure if the trigger shoe was pinching my finger or if it was slapping my finger, but it was certainly irritating my trigger finger. Hopefully the GG trigger will fix this problem for me.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a straight PELT after I ordered my X-5 as I really like the curved PELT triggers on my other two P320s. Just returned from the range from shooting the X-5 for the first time, with the stock trigger, and definitely will be installing the PELT trigger. I am not sure if the trigger shoe was pinching my finger or if it was slapping my finger, but it was certainly irritating my trigger finger. Hopefully the GG trigger will fix this problem for me.
When you do the installation, can you see if the trigger shoes are identical?

·
Registered
655 Posts
By any chance, you looking to sell the stock trigger? I'll buy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
re: TheEyeronic1

"By any chance, you looking to sell the stock trigger? I'll buy."

If you're still interested in the stock X-Five trigger, I have a pristine OEM trigger out of my X-Five available. It was never actually even fired, replaced it with an Apex Flatty as soon as I got it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Has anyone that has the X5 and the Gray Guns straight faced trigger compared the two? Are they identical in shape and size?
No, they are not identical. But changing it has no affect on USPSA production rules.

If interested you can see my post from last year about changing from stock to the GG kit. https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p320-...e-upgrade-gg-competition-trigger-p320-x5.html

The attached photo is from that post. The stock trigger is on top, and the GG trigger is on the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am not sure if the trigger shoe was pinching my finger or if it was slapping my finger, but it was certainly irritating my trigger finger. Hopefully the GG trigger will fix this problem for me.
I had the same issues with the stock SIG trigger. Never figured out what was causing it, but it was annoying as heck. However, I replaced mine quickly with the GG kit because of pull weight, take up slack, and too long reset. All those issues were resolved with the GG trigger, with the bonus that the "sting" was eliminated too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.