SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently started shooting handguns on a regular basis (couple of times a week). I bought an MPX and was so impressed that I got a P229 which led me here which led to more purchases. I am sure that many here have heard or lived the same story.
I just picked up a P320 X5 last week and and would like some opinions. I am NOT a good handgun shooter. I love shooting rifles (groups and prairie dogs) and usually spend a lot on upgrading the triggers. Jewel for 700's and Geissele's for AR. I am amazed at how much a good trigger can improve an OK rifle. I am really impressed with the triggers on the 320's that I have (all flat faced, APEX or the stock on X5) but I am wondering how much improvement I can "buy" with a trigger upgrade on the X5. I was going to buy a PELT trigger for $100 then I thought that if I am going to spend $100 then why not spend $379 for the CELT and really maximize what the gun can do. Then I thought "you're an idiot, it's a great gun as is, go shoot it and don't worry about it"
I am posting a pic of my 3rd mag with 21 rounds through the X5. The "left" part is all me. I am working on better trigger technique and will be getting some training. The "low" was NOT me. I adjusted the sight on my second trip to the range using the bench. My only real experiences before the sigs were with glocks. I do not have much love for them. Owned themfor 20 years but NEVER loved shooting them.
Your thoughts and experience is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Send it in for the CELT (and then let me know if it was worth it) :)

The trigger is pretty nice stock but a little heavy for a range gun IMO. I would imagine the CELT will not only lighten it up but give more crispness and maybe a cleaner break but I am just speculating.

I like the PELT it got my X5 to right around 4lbs, depending on the day a little less or a little more. GGI says the CELT will be around 4lbs, so I'm wondering if it's worth the $$$, it's hard to know until someone has it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.