SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking at getting the new p320 X-five. I've never done gun game matches such as steel challenge, idpa, USPSA, 3gun. I was wondering if anyone knows what matches this gun is allowed?

I'm very new to shooting and don't care if I get last, but of course would line to get better. I've been shooting my p938 a lot and really enjoy it! I live in the country and can shoot anytime.
Also looked at the Walther Q5, but really liked the p320 X-five as I got to hold it today at my local Scheels, they only have 1. Listed at $899+tax.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Any class in 3 Gun but Heavy
USPSA: Limited, Limited 10, Open, Production (without magwell, 17 round mags), and Carry Optics (with optic and without magwell)
IDPA SSP (no magwell, 17 round mags, maybe no grip weight), ESP (magwell okay, 17 round magazines, maybe remove grip weight)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any class in 3 Gun but Heavy
USPSA: Limited, Limited 10, Open, Production (without magwell, 17 round mags), and Carry Optics (with optic and without magwell)
IDPA SSP (no magwell, 17 round mags, maybe no grip weight), ESP (magwell okay, 17 round magazines, maybe remove grip weight)

Thank you very much for the information!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I was pretty thrilled this month to not come in last during a USPSA match.

Reactions: Delta6326 and Alma

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Reactions: Spiritfox

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I was pretty thrilled this month to not come in last during a USPSA match.
Coming in last could mean that you shot the entire match clean with double alphas on each stage, BUT it just took you a little longer to do it than everyone else. Never forget, coming in last in a USPSA match is always much better than leaving first after a DQ.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Coming in last could mean that you shot the entire match clean with double alphas on each stage, BUT it just took you a little longer to do it than everyone else. Never forget, coming in last in a USPSA match is always much better than leaving first after a DQ.

I am pretty slow for sure but have a lot of fun. This was my second USPSA match and you are right, my first one that was my goal to not get a DQ.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am pretty slow for sure but have a lot of fun. This was my second USPSA match and you are right, my first one that was my goal to not get a DQ.
I'm with ya there Spiritfox. My first USPSA match I was squadded with the 2nd and 3rd place overall shooters and when they flew through that first stage like a trained monkey with a banana tree at the finish I said "Oh ****, I hope I don't triple their times or DQ"! But once that timer beeped for the start all my training kicked in and It felt like auto-pilot

·
Registered
43 Posts
Has their been any official ruling as far as IDPA? I've heard many rumors and it seems that it will be allowed in both SSP and ESP.

Seems like SSP without the mag well and ESP with the mag well but no conclusion on whether the Grip weight would be allowed in either.

·
Registered
761 Posts
, ESP (magwell okay, 17 round magazines, maybe remove grip weight)
I'm not trying to pick nits, just wondering if I am missing something...I can't get a 17 round mag to seat with the magwell on? Or maybe just the rules are magwells ok and 17 rounds(ish) max?

·
Registered
43 Posts
, ESP (magwell okay, 17 round magazines, maybe remove grip weight)
I'm not trying to pick nits, just wondering if I am missing something...I can't get a 17 round mag to seat with the magwell on? Or maybe just the rules are magwells ok and 17 rounds(ish) max?
I think what they are saying is for dimensions to fit in the box you need to use the 17 round mags and not the 21.

springer precision has .375 inch base pads that will work with the X5 mag well and are IDPA legal. They will also fit in the box and make weight and allow you to run SSP or ESP.

Still don't know if the grip weight is legal in either class

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think what they are saying is for dimensions to fit in the box you need to use the 17 round mags and not the 21.

springer precision has .375 inch base pads that will work with the X5 mag well and are IDPA legal. They will also fit in the box and make weight and allow you to run SSP or ESP.

Still don't know if the grip weight is legal in either class
Right. You would want to get some new Springer Precision .375 extensions and select the magwell option. Springer just changed the design so that they would work with the X5 magwell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.