SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P320 X-Five vs P225 A1 (sorta)

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  RatBikeRod 
#1 ·
So, not really a debate on the merits of either gun verses the other, as I really see them as not a good comparison of firearms.

However, since I want both my real question is if you are going to spend $900 on one verses the other, why would you you buy a P225 verses all of the bling found on the P320 X-Five?

The P225 is a fine gun in its own right, but based upon its weight and the fact that I cant replace the short reach trigger with a Gray Guns PSAIT, makes it less desirable.

Really just wanted to get you guys thoughts on the pricing elemement. It seems like most mainstream new SIGs are demanding an almost identical price point of about $900 give or take $50.

#9 ·
Paid $800 for mine, out the door.
While you may not be able to get the PSAIT, you can still get some amazing trigger work done. I've often thought about taking a 225A1, and sending it to Burke or Gray. A baby Legion, with a better finish.

Reactions: sigsrok
#5 ·
RatBikeRod you're correct on both fronts... on one hand you're comparing a DA/SA to a Striker fired... too different to compare. On the other hand, your mention of price point... when you stop and think about it, the only main difference between any of the models is the "Frame". Check Sigs prices on "parts"... barrels basically cost the same .380 or .45, compact or full size. Magazines "MSRP"... ditto!
I imagine they probably pay about the same price for manufacturing the "Frame" as you have the same labor costs, so just the price of the raw material difference between models, is probably less than a buck!

The same can be said of the "polymer" grip/frames on the 250/320s... regardless of size or color... same price...

#7 ·
Have you tried the P320 yet? I was a died in the wool metal DA/SA guy until the 320 came along. I still really like the metal P series guns, but have really warmed up to the polymer 320.

#8 ·
Striker fired versus hammer is one difference. I personally don't have a love affection for the P320 mainly because its polymer and striker fired. I haven't tried the P320 X5 but have the P225 A1 and its a solid performer. Can't see myself giving up the P225 A1 for a P320 X5. I personally think the P320 X5 is a bit overpriced for what it is....

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.