SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Sig: a P320 X-Compact, model 320XC-9-BXR3. One of the reasons I chose it was due to the slide cut for the Leupold DPP, which I already own. It's an earlier build, from March 2019.

I recently saw on Osage County Guns that there is a new version, 320XC-9-BXR3-R2, which is supposedly updated with the optics cut for the Romeo1 Pro and Leupold DPP. I sent a message to Sig customer service, who indicated that this is correct.

However, the Sig Sauer site still only shows model 320XC-9-BXR3, and also states that it is already cut for the Leupold DPP.

Has anyone mounted a DPP on the original version, to confirm compatibility? Does anyone know the actual differences between the original and R2 version of the X-Compact? Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an R2 XVTAC. As I understand it the R2 is cut for a DPP or Romeo 1 Pro. The earlier versions are cut for a Romeo 1. Not sure which milling you have.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an R2 XVTAC. As I understand it the R2 is cut for a DPP or Romeo 1 Pro. The earlier versions are cut for a Romeo 1. Not sure which milling you have.
Thanks, Toetagger - everything I have found online seems to indicate that the original version of the X-Compact slide was already milled for the DPP, so I'm trying to clarify.

I did find this post which showed a video of the DPP being mounted on the X-Compact slide, but it doesn't indicate exactly what version. Possibly doesn't indicate as there might have only been one version at that time.

https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p320-x-5-pistols/358892-320-x-compact-romeo-1-2-a.html#post5059606

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a X-Compact with your same model number, build date June 2019 and it's made for a DPP footprint.

I think Osage might have a slightly incorrect model number as the only 'R2' designations I know of are only on the new X-Compact, which is 320XCA-9-BXR3-R2, and the X-Full.

I've spent a ton of time doing a lot of research and it appears to me that a lot of retailers are incorrectly labeling X-Compacts and X-Carry's out there. See it a ton on Gunbroker.

Here's a post I just shared of my new 'R2' X-Carry: https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p320-x-5-pistols/361700-early-release-2019-p320-x-carry-w-pics.html

·
Registered
136 Posts
It gets confusing, mine manufactured 14 April 2019 is labeled on the carry case as a 320XC-9-BXR3 "P320, 9mm, 3.6 in, X Series, Blk, Striker, X Ray-3". It came with Romeo1 RDS in cut on top of slide, no separate rear sight but a notch in rear of R1.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It gets confusing, mine manufactured 14 April 2019 is labeled on the carry case as a 320XC-9-BXR3 "P320, 9mm, 3.6 in, X Series, Blk, Striker, X Ray-3". It has Romeo1 RDS in cut on top of slide, no separate rear sight but a notch in rear of R1. I don't see how a DPP is gonna fit same place.
CrystalPistol, my case has the same label as yours, but manufactured 20 March 2019. So my P320 is likely the closest to your model. How are you able to tell that the slide cut is only for the Romeo1? Have you already taken off the plate and mounted a Romeo1?

I have a X-Compact with your same model number, build date June 2019 and it's made for a DPP footprint.

I think Osage might have a slightly incorrect model number as the only 'R2' designations I know of are only on the new X-Compact, which is 320XCA-9-BXR3-R2, and the X-Full.
ephi, same question for you: you've already test mounted the DPP? But the label of your carrying case still says 320XC-9-BXR3, without the R2 at the end?

·
Registered
136 Posts
CrystalPistol, my case has the same label as yours, but manufactured 20 March 2019. So my P320 is likely the closest to your model. How are you able to tell that the slide cut is only for the Romeo1? Have you already taken off the plate and mounted a Romeo1?

ephi, same question for you: you've already test mounted the DPP? But the label of your carrying case still says 320XC-9-BXR3, without the R2 at the end?
This isn't my picture, but it is exactly what mine is like. It is a very clear & clean picture. I don't see how it could be otherwise. There is no "plate". The Romeo1 fills the milled area as if it was cut for the Romeo1, which it was I'm sure. I haven't removed anything, this is exactly how it came. Exactly. I have thought about adding the aluminum shroud or hood, but haven't yet. The label is mine. If a DPP has the exact same footprint as Romeo1, it'll fit I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This isn't my picture, but it is exactly what mine is like. It is a very clear & clean picture. I don't see how it could be otherwise. There is no "plate". The Romeo1 fills the milled area as if it was cut for the Romeo1, which it was I'm sure. I haven't removed anything, this is exactly how it came. Exactly. I have thought about adding the aluminum shroud or hood, but haven't yet. The label is mine.
Ah, got it - thanks. Your X-Compact was purchased with the Romeo1 already pre-mounted on the slide. That's very disappointing news to me, as that means it's likely that my own slide will not take the DPP.

I've reached out to Sig customer service to see if they might be able to help exchange my unused/unfired slide for a version that does fit the DPP. Everything that I've read or seen online from Sig seemed to show that all X-Compacts were already milled for the Romeo1 Pro and DPP.

For example, in this video on YouTube, posted by SIG SAUER Inc. on January 28, 2019, the speaker discusses the slide cut for optics including the Romeo1 Pro and Leupold DPP (starting at 0:48 / 2:15):

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more data point: in this thread about the M17 optic cut, there is a distinction made between a curved front optic cover plate versus a straight edge. I have the curved front plate, and this appears to match the front edge of my DPP.

https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p320-x-5-pistols/346924-m17-optic-cut.html

CrystalPistol, is the front edge of your milled area curved or straight?

Are there variants between Sig pistols with the exact same Sig model number? I do know this is the case with Sig's magazines. The old version of the .40 S&W compact magazine (floor plate with Sig Sauer spelled out, with a round hole) has the same model number as the new version (floor plate with SIG emblem in a circle, with a square hole): MAG-MOD-C-43-10.

·
Registered
136 Posts
One more data point: in this thread about the M17 optic cut, there is a distinction made between a curved front optic cover plate versus a straight edge. I have the curved front plate, and this appears to match the front edge of my DPP.

https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p320-x-5-pistols/346924-m17-optic-cut.html

CrystalPistol, is the front edge of your milled area curved or straight?
I've reached out to Sig customer service to see if they might be able to help exchange my unused/unfired slide for a version that does fit the DPP. Everything that I've read or seen online from Sig seemed to show that all X-Compacts were already milled for the Romeo1 Pro and DPP.
Well, I think you are OK the more I look. Looking really close, the front of the cut is not perfectly straight, a very slight curvature is there it appears in good light. Yes, mine came with a Romeo1 installed, there was no separate plate with just an open sight. I see from the video that such exist however. I guess they save a few $$ not including it when the Romeo1 is preinstalled. I hope I didn't unnecessarily add to any confusion.

Looking at this video below
...… cleared it some more. I'm not installing a DPP but he does have clear video of the parts. Now I know the plate and rear sight are separate items, that the rear sight acts as the "nut" to the two socket screws from below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Well I guess the 320XC-9-BXR3 with May 8th 2019 on the box will take ether the Romeo 1 or 2 if and when it comes out and the dpp !! These things really make me respect how M&P set up there slides on the CORE models . Change the very thin adaptor plate and use what ever brand optic you want . .

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Here is a picture of my X-Compact (first version bought when first released) with DPP attached and in a Garrett Industries holster.

If you do a search, you’ll find several of us have DPP mounted on original X-Compact. It was a breeze to mount, though if you add the rear sight attachment, do it before you mount DPP to slide. I couldn’t get the placeholder out without removing the DPP from the slide. Wasn’t hard, just time consuming.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I guess the 320XC-9-BXR3 with May 8th 2019 on the box will take ether the Romeo 1 or 2 if and when it comes out and the dpp !! These things really make me respect how M&P set up there slides on the CORE models . Change the very thin adaptor plate and use what ever brand optic you want . .
Yes, I have a Glock G45 MOS with the adapter plates, and it makes it really easy. Some folks complain that the adapters add a bit of height, but I appreciate the flexibility of being able to change to a different RDS, rather than getting the slide milled to a specific RDS only.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
When you’re ready to mount the DPP, this worked great for me.

Reactions: elm3c

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I think you are OK the more I look. Looking really close, the front of the cut is not perfectly straight, a very slight curvature is there it appears in good light. Yes, mine came with a Romeo1 installed, there was no separate plate with just an open sight. I see from the video that such exist however. I guess they save a few $$ not including it when the Romeo1 is preinstalled. I hope I didn't unnecessarily add to any confusion.
Thanks for the clarification. The remaining questions I have would be regarding the mounting pattern of the Romeo1 versus the new versions of the Sig Romeo RDS coming out which are supposed to be the same base template as the Leupold DPP. The Sig folks have been saying that the new milled slides will not fit the original Romeo1, yet your pictures have just shown differently. Perhaps it is just the additional curved area in front that needed to be milled, but the bolt pattern remains the same.

And if the original 320XC-9-BXR3 does already have the slide cut for the Romeo1 Pro and Leupold DPP, what changes has Sig made to the X-Compact to warrant the new model designation 320XC-9-BXR3-R2?

·
Registered
73 Posts

I have not test mounted with a DPP. Yes, my label says 320XC-9-BXR3 without the R2 at the end. To my understanding, all X-Compacts with the updated grip mod and slide with the LCI, are all cut for the DPP footprint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This isn't my picture, but it is exactly what mine is like. It is a very clear & clean picture. I don't see how it could be otherwise. There is no "plate". The Romeo1 fills the milled area as if it was cut for the Romeo1, which it was I'm sure. I haven't removed anything, this is exactly how it came. Exactly. I have thought about adding the aluminum shroud or hood, but haven't yet. The label is mine. If a DPP has the exact same footprint as Romeo1, it'll fit I guess.
Shot in the dark here, but where did you get your X-Compact? Any possibility it was pre-owned?

Everything about your pistol says it wouldn't have come from the factory with a Romeo1 on it. I'm thinking there's a possibility whoever owned it previously got it milled to accept a R1 -or- your LGS decided to mill and add some extra stock as a cool package deal.

I could also be completely wrong and Sig could have done something very non-standard lol.

Edit: Do you have the updated grip mod with your slide? Also, is your slide an "XCarry" slide? Does it have the engraving on the side?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forgot to follow up on this thread, for future readers.

I heard back from the Sig CSR, and he indicated that the change to R2 for the X-Compact was in model name only, to be consistent with all the other models such as the X-Carry, which had an earlier version with a different optics cut. The X-Compact had started initial production already with the slide cut for the Romeo1 Pro / DPP. They wanted be able to point to the "R2" in any model name to indicate the same kind of cut.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Forgot to follow up on this thread, for future readers.

I heard back from the Sig CSR, and he indicated that the change to R2 for the X-Compact was in model name only, to be consistent with all the other models such as the X-Carry, which had an earlier version with a different optics cut. The X-Compact had started initial production already with the slide cut for the Romeo1 Pro / DPP. They wanted be able to point to the "R2" in any model name to indicate the same kind of cut.

So just quick question is the Romeo 1Pro the same as the Romeo 2. ?
And anyone know when this model will be released ?
It’s shows on Lipsey and Gun Gallery.
And is packaged with the Romeo 1 Pro.

This is the number:
320XC-9-BXR3-RXP

1 - 20 of 29 Posts