SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has an original X Carry with the lightning cutout on the slide that they would like to trade for the later version without the cutout.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looking to see if anyone has an original X Carry with the lightning cutout on the slide that they would like to trade for the later version without the cutout.
Besides the cutout, what is different about the two. I have version two and am just curious.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Original slide has the cut outs (slide lightening) supposedly the version 2 is the same weight they just removed material from inside the slide.

Version one is cut for Romeo 1 optic. Version two is cut for a Romeo 1 Pro or Delta Point Pro.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Besides the cutout, what is different about the two. I have version two and am just curious.
1st gen: "X Carry" embossed on the side of the slide, lightening cut front/top, NO LCI, cut for original Romeo1 (not Pro) ONLY

2nd gen: NO "X Carry" on the side of the slide, NO lightening cut, LCI (unfortunately), cut for Romeo1 PRO or Delta Point Pro (original Romeo1 will NOT fit)

Personally, I don't think they got it right either time. I like the "X Carry" on the slide and thought the lightening cut looked cool (although I'm not sure how functional it really was), I DON'T like the LCI but I'm glad it's cut for the R1P/DPP.

I think someone said the new (not yet released?) X VTAC will have an RMR or universal optics cut.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
1st gen: "X Carry" embossed on the side of the slide, lightening cut front/top, NO LCI, cut for original Romeo1 (not Pro) ONLY

2nd gen: NO "X Carry" on the side of the slide, NO lightening cut, LCI (unfortunately), cut for Romeo1 PRO or Delta Point Pro (original Romeo1 will NOT fit)

Personally, I don't think they got it right either time. I like the "X Carry" on the slide and thought the lightening cut looked cool (although I'm not sure how functional it really was), I DON'T like the LCI but I'm glad it's cut for the R1P/DPP.

I think someone said the new (not yet released?) X VTAC will have an RMR or universal optics cut.
I do not understand the animosity for the LCI. I have the latest version of the X Carry with the LCI and it’s just not that noticeable. As a matter of fact, I would never have noticed it until someone pointed it out. To me, it’s just not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do not understand the animosity for the LCI. I have the latest version of the X Carry with the LCI and it’s just not that noticeable. As a matter of fact, I would never have noticed it until someone pointed it out. To me, it’s just not that big of a deal.
I do not have optics on my X-Carry version 2, but have heard that a lot of soot blows out of the LCI and gets the glass dirty.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I do not have optics on my X-Carry version 2, but have heard that a lot of soot blows out of the LCI and gets the glass dirty.
So does your fingers, dust, sweat splatters, etc. It's not that big of a deal, and takes several mags to even start to become a problem that you solve with a quick wipe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get a response, because I'd be willing to do that trade. I bought a romeo 1 Pro before I realized I had the first gen slide :(

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have the LCI opening on my XCompact slide and it does dirty the glass on my R1P fairly quickly. I was at the range this weekend and after the first 15 rd mag I was having to clean it off. IMO it's just a flat out bad design and location to have the LCI port. It is something I never took notice of until this year when I started using RDS mounted optics on my P320's.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The original X Carrys also had pre-tensioned barrels (they fit tighter than the subsequent standard fits). I wonder if an original slide with a standard barrel poses any issues. Love my two Gen 1 X Carrys (love the XF-RXPs even more).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts