SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I'm looking to put a red dot on my P320 X Carry 1st Gen. I have been running into some potectial problems...
I am interested in putting a RMR(prefered) or DeltaPoint Pro on this platform however the first gen X Carry is only cut for a Romeo 1. What would be my best option? So far I have come up with several all having some negatives. If I pursue mounting a RMR, I will have to use a mounting plate which is fine however I am unaware of a mounting plate solution that incorporates a rear sight, (do you know of one?(It looks like there will be one avalible soon from https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-x-series-romeo1-cut-to-rmr-holosun-with-integrated-rear-sight).
If I pursue a mounting plate for the DeltaPoint pro, I will be able to mount a rear sight into the optic itself, however The DeltaPoint pro is a particularly tall optic and I am unsure of finding a front sight that would work with that mounting solution. Also it would be impractically tall for many holsters and cause problems.
I could have my slide milled a little more so that it would work with whatever red dot I choose, however that takes considerable time and i wouldn't be able to add a rear sight behind the optic(rmr) because of the factory cut from the manufacture. I could also buy a new slide that is pre-cut However I would also have to buy a barrel because the first GEN X Carry had a proprietary cut on their barrels; This sounds unecessarily expensive. Any help and advice you can give will be appreciated.
anyone have a compact slide and barrel that they aren't needing?

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Have a machinist friend of yours mill 1-2mm on the front of the cut so you can install either the DPP or Romeo 1 Pro. These two red dots share the same mounting point with the regular Romeo 1 but longer in front.

If you decide to go with this, use 6-48 filister head screws instead of the M4 x .7 screws that comes with the Romeo 1 Pro and DPP.

If you insist in using a trijicon RMR, you need to drill two mounting holes for the RMR in addition to the 1-2mm miling of the front cut.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Call Mark at L&M Precision and ask him about his conversion milling from Romeo 1 to DPP or RMR, and ask him if he has any suggestions for rear sight similar to ATEi's shim sight. I'd also call Robert Burke/The Sig Armorer for options.

Your other option is to buy a new slide already configured for DPP and RMR. Also, there's nothing wrong with using a high quality adapter plate with a built in rear sight... Check with Springer Precision, Bobro Engineering, Apex Tactical, Galloway Precision, etc

Reactions: S_S

·
Banned
89 Posts
there are plate covers that might work except teh red dot would no sit in the frame meaning you would have to get taller sites

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, I was unaware of the sight shim options. I came hear after first talking to the sig armorer. His conclusion was to mill the slide for an rmr and forget about the rear sight. Ive looked at the bobro's plate and like it but it is milled for only the ddp/romeo 1 pro cut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts