SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new guy here.

I do not own any SIG's, but I want my next purchase to be a Sig. Nothing has caught my eye quite like the VTac. I apologise if this is in the wrong section but, does anyone have any idea when this firearm is going to be released for sale?

· Registered
18 Posts
i just sold both of my glocks so i can pick this or the x-carry up when it comes out. the gun looks amazing except for the vtac sights. i herd there horrible. sucks they didn't use the sig xray sights/trijicon hd/truglo tfx. i don't want to guy this gun and have to swap sights.

· Registered
592 Posts
i just sold both of my glocks so i can pick this or the x-carry up when it comes out. the gun looks amazing except for the vtac sights. i herd there horrible. sucks they didn't use the sig xray sights/trijicon hd/truglo tfx. i don't want to guy this gun and have to swap sights.
I haven't heard when the Vtac will ship, but I have a connection that is going to let me know. I do have a listing on the X series full sized but not the X carry version. I had to pull some stings to get my X carry pre ordered.

The X Carry doesn't come with the Vtac sights. They have the standard three dot night sights, the rear sights plate, and the front is the green X ray sight. you won't be able to install the Vtac sights on the Xmodels, as they have a rear cover plate with the rear sight integrated into the plate. Unless Sig offers the plate with the Vtac sight option. The Vtac sights are stand alone set of sights.

The Vtac sights are different, I have used them on the Vtac M&P. It took some getting used to, but they work. They are a bit busy IMO.

TXPO

· Registered
18 Posts
i'm torn between both versions vtac or x carry.

the vtac version does come with the vtac sights stock. that's the reason holding me back from getting it. i really dont want to have to send it out for new sights ( if i can even get sights because of that plate, which i think is a bad idea on the carry model)

also, is it just me or goes the grip angle look more glock like on the x series compared to the normal p320?

and how anyone ever carried a gun with slide cuts? i'm really worried a lot of junk will get in there

· Registered
592 Posts
i'm torn between both versions vtac or x carry.

the vtac version does come with the vtac sights stock. that's the reason holding me back from getting it. i really dont want to have to send it out for new sights ( if i can even get sights because of that plate, which i think is a bad idea on the carry model)

also, is it just me or goes the grip angle look more glock like on the x series compared to the normal p320?

and how anyone ever carried a gun with slide cuts? i'm really worried a lot of junk will get in there
I am not 100% sure if the VTAC uses the same sight cuts as other Sig pistols, but if it does you can put any sig sights on there. The VTAC does not have the romeo 1 cover plate like the X series full size and X carry models.

I actually like the idea of the plate. Tritiums like span is about 10 to 12 years, so you shouldn't need to replace the sight plate for a while. The plate gives you the option of running the pistol with standard sights as is, or go with an optic later if you decide to try one out. It does this without having to send the slide out to be milled, and worry about replacing the sights after the milling is done etc, etc.

It is actually a pretty good idea. The only drawbacks I can is when you are running the optic, you will not have a rear sight to fall back on. The cost of those plates may be significant, although as I mentioned before, you really shouldn't need to purchase another plate.

My next question would be, will the custom shop offer the service of milling a standard 320 slide to accept that plate. My guess is probably not, as that would cut into the RX sales....:)

They do share the same frame, but only the X series full size and carry have those plates. The VTAC has stand alone sights. If you wanted to fit an optic on the VTAC you would have to have it milled for it. That is if it would even be possible, since material has already been removed from the top of the VTAC's slide. If you look at the top of the VTAC's slide, it has material milled off of the top of it compared to other 320 slides. The X series full size also has material milled from the top of the slide. It's barrel hood is also milled at a zero angle. The X carry slide and barrel profile are the same as a standard 320.

NOTE: 320's barrel hoods have a slight angle up towards the rear of the pistol. The VTAC's barrel hood is milled flat at a zero angle, so that is fits the contour of the top of the slide with the extra material removed.

The VTAC slide is different from the other two x series pistols. The only thing they share slide wise, is the cocking serrations.

As far as the slide cuts, There is the possibility of contaminates entering in the cuts. The VTAC has them on the sides, and the X series full size, and carry models have cuts on the top of the slide.

There probably isn't much in a concealed carry role that you could get them that would stop the pistol, navel lint probably isn't going to be a problem. Sand, mud, things of that nature would play havoc on the lock up though.

Grip angle is the same on the X frames and the standard 320 frames. It is just a different design and contour, more squared off than the standard 320 frames. They still feel good and are quite comfortable.

If you are going to CCW the pistol, I would go with the Xcarry. The VTAC is pretty large for a concealed carry piece, IMO.

Here are two images of the top of the VTAC slide and the X series pistols. You can see the absence of the plate on the VTAC and see the plates on the X series pistols.

TXPO

Reactions: MMinSC

· Premium Member
476 Posts
is it just me or goes the grip angle look more glock like on the x series compared to the normal p320?
Looks like the same grip angle. I think if it was different, we would have heard of it from SHOT

· Registered
763 Posts
Deleted

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies guys,

I have called them on 2 separate occasions since the post. ( I wanted to see 2 different answers from 2 different customer service reps, haha ).

They both said about the same thing, one said a few more months and the other said about summer time.

One told me that production has started but will need to go through testing and all that fun stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.