SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a reloader I use a Caldwell brass catcher to make collecting brass easier. However my new P320 compact doesn't seem to extract like any other pistol I own, including my previous P320 full size. Instead of ejecting diagonally up and to the right it seems to extract the casing almost vertically every time.

Is this something that can be tuned or changed?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Have you disassembled the extractor assembly at all?

Of all of the new P320s I've gotten, they've all been greased excessively (IMO). I've tried to make a point of removing the grease and applying a light coating of oil instead on all moving parts.

I'm not saying this will remedy your problem but I've had decent ejection when I've done this.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I did a standard take down to remove the factory grease when I first got the gun but haven't gone farther than that. Is extractor disassembly difficult?
Negative. The button in the pack of the slide gets pushed down and at the same time, slide the back plate off. The extractor spring assembly slides right out and extractor comes out from the slide by the port.

There are videos on YT about it I'm sure. Hard to mess up.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Negative. The button in the pack of the slide gets pushed down and at the same time, slide the back plate off. The extractor spring assembly slides right out and extractor comes out from the slide by the port.

There are videos on YT about it I'm sure. Hard to mess up.
It's been awhile but I believe I have seen where folks had this issue and they just adjusted the spring to correct. Did not mention how they adjusted it though.. I don't see anyway to adjust it besides cutting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.