SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

first I've to say I'm a f****** moron. Just to get that clear.

Yesterday i dissasambled my gun, to get the trigger, the disassembly lever and the slide catch out. This 3 parts should get a nice cover of TIN.

Everything worked out fine, but i forgot the time. It was getting late, i had to run a night shift in the patrol car. So hurry up...

Don't ask me why but I put the rest of the trigger group back in the grip module and the sled back on too...aaaaand CLICK. The sled locked in, on the trigger group.

I can't get them apart any more...:/ On the pics below you can see the results. Any ideas how i can get the parts separated?

Thank you, greetings from Germany.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's the first time I've seen something like that.

Is it hung up on the striker? Or something to do with the guide rod or barrel?

If it's the striker you should be able to remove that from the slide and get the fire control unit to slide out the back.

Other than that suggestion all I can do is wish you good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's def. hung up around the striker area. But I can't tell where exactly.

So, how do I do it?

Gesendet von meinem FRD-L09 mit Tapatalk

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,632 Posts
I'd speculate since no takedown lever present, guide rod assembly is what is holding it together. Not a 320 expert by no means. My gut feeling would be a "packing hook" type tool fished from the muzzle end, to try and grab the rear portion of the guide rod assembly and pull it forward, while the slide assembly is clinched in a padded vise, holding it immobile. Should you get the guide rod far enough forward, I'd think you should be able to remove the FCU, just as you would with it normally in the grip assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the trigger group way more back. :)

Now the trigger group locks on the striker...I trink...(pointed at the picture below) Argh

·
11,632 Posts
If you can, try to pull the recoil spring assembly far enough forward to install the take down lever. Then install your trigger assembly if possible, and the slide catch. Still retaining your slide in a padded vise. Rotate the take down lever as if you were going to remove the slide from the frame, except in this case, you are going to have to move the FCU instead of the slide, since the slide is being held in the padded vise.

The way I see it, you will need to assemble it, just as if you had the grip frame, you just won't be able to lock a magazine in place, but in this instant, it's not required... AFAIK!

Reactions: P320CBY and stlmia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made it...I could move the FCU backwards after i pulled/pushed on the guide rod like i said.

Then I took the back plate and the striker out...After that I could move the FCU easily out of the sled.

If anybody i willing to see it, i can post some pics.

Thanks for your advices.

·
11,632 Posts
Post what you did, to alleviate the problem. This will no doubt help someone, who is in a "dark place" such as you were, when desperation sets in!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I'll do it tomorow. Left my gun in the departement and took the service pistol with me home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts